idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

17 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Wolf :kalancry:

They should have given the Dance Monkey to Soma Sutton

That would have made 100x more sense than Wolf singing that song, NGL. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

WTF is with these song choices 😂😂😂

Also this is conflicting with the fact that Elyse and Masha were singing the same song. Did they mess with the editing of the promos or something? Or was Elyse's reentry into the show so last-minute that they didn't have time to clear and rehearse a new song for Elyse? 

6 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

WTF is with these song choices 😂😂😂

Also this is conflicting with the fact that Elyse and Masha were singing the same song. Did they mess with the editing of the promos or something? Or was Elyse's reentry into the show so last-minute that they didn't have time to clear and rehearse a new song for Elyse? 

OMG these song choices are choices. They don't fit their voices at all. 

Kailey Abel owns "Forever Young", Johnny's is a mess.

5 hours ago, Archanium said:

They should have given the Dance Monkey to Soma Sutton

Perfect song choice for Soma!! Pity that Guy didn't actually do that 😅 There seems to be some kind of 'drama' with Soma - she asks the coaches if their advice is actually 'genuine' so I wonder what they said to her.

5 hours ago, antikid said:

Watch Guy pick Wolf lmao

Hahaha there's absolutely no way!! Maybe Wolf as a wildcard but Guy's got some pretty strong contestants. If Guy chooses Wolf over Johnny there will definitely be an uproar! Though judging by comments on Instagram it seems Wolf is quite a fan favourite - a lot of people were saying that his voice is special and they want him to go through

Posted (edited)

The new video confirmed Adam vs Josh Pywell, and did showed that Roxane didn't quit, shes definitely there.

And also I'm sure Sapphire is up against Virginia. In the first preview you can see the person behind Virginia wearing the same clothes Sapphire is using on this new video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCM-eFKniaL/

Edited by searomordep

4 minutes ago, searomordep said:

The new video confirmed Adam vs Josh Pywell, and did showed that Roxane didn't quit, shes definitely there.

And also I'm sure Sapphire is up against Virginia. In the first preview you can see the person behind Virginia wearing the same clothes Sapphire is using on this new video

Based on the preview also, it's definitely Bo'Ness vs. Mark

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, searomordep said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCM-eFKniaL/

That only leaves Caleb/Angela as the people we haven't actually seen on stage yet from Team George, correct?

Edited by mjdolorico

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

That only leaves Caleb/Angela as the people we haven't actually seen on stage yet from Team George, correct?

I think so - Angela has confirmed that her playoff is airing through her Facebook but I can't remember if Caleb has confirmed when his playoff his.

This is really bugging me!! I just don't think Caleb will quit the show, so it doesn't make sense that Elyse is competing against Masha. If it's a random 'wildcard' thing, that would mean George has to somehow fit 9 people in the playoffs.

It looks like Graeme and Clarissa's playoff will be the first to air - he's just posted that on his IG story. I'm guessing Clarissa will win

23 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I love Johnny and all, but everytime I hear Forever Young, first person that comes to my mind was Kailey Abel lmao she slayed that song.

Based on the previews, I did love that both artists went out of their comfort zone especially Wolf. But for me Wolf's song choice is so weird that it isn't understandable why would he pick such song at a very critical round.

I do agree with @Someone648, I think they/maybe Guy wouldn't want Wolf to move far, giving him that song choice, and that opponent lmao. 

I wished they'd shown Jessie vs. Stellar instead, that will be an epic one

omg thank you for this - Kailey Able was ICONIC and when Blake "bet the farm" that she would win the competition, she deserved it!!! I am still salty over her losing to fricking Cam Spinks. I think she deserved semifinals with the rest of the girls or at the very least, T17. 

Nevertheless, I have started watching TVAU for the first time, and it's solely on OZTalent, and I was really impressed by the sneak peek of Johnny singing Forever Young. I did not, however, like Wolf Winters' Dance Monkey, and hope that he loses. I didn't really like him in the first place; the texture of his voice for some reason bothers me.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh!!! This just makes me love Delta even more!!! She's doing a Vera Blue-themed playoff 😍 

I think Claudia will probably win this one

Posted (edited)

Noooo, I really hope for a Matt & Janie win. Claudia has a pretty tone but I think she's still green for the show, Matt & Janie are more ready, and can do more ☹️

And OMG Janie really sounded good there 😬

Edited by anonymouskid_35

7 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Noooo, I really hope for a Matt & Janie win. Claudia has a pretty tone but I think she's still green for the show, Matt & Janie are more ready, and can do more ☹️

And OMG Janie really sounded good there 😬

I knowwwww!!! Tbh both sound so good - it's such a pity that Jesse and Stellar were pitted together as well. Seeing as Jesse got eliminated just before the finals last year, I think Delta might pick Jesse as her wildcard when Stellar wins.

I'm disappointed that Steve and Emmagen were put together - I don't see either of them making it far whereas Matt & Janie/Claudia would have a good shot at making it right to the end. I kinda wish Delta was the one who says she can't bring either of them forward instead of Kelly - that way she could let Matt & Janie and Claudia both move to the next round.

2 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

that way she could let Matt & Janie and Claudia both move to the next round.

Exactly!! She should have paired Matt & Janie vs. Steve, and Emmagen vs. Claudia (both young artists on her team) lmao

I also find it so strange they're promoting this week's playoffs as 'the finals start Sunday' already - considering they still have playoffs + showdowns it feels a bit premature to be calling the Top 32 the 'finals'. 

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Exactly!! She should have paired Matt & Janie vs. Steve, and Emmagen vs. Claudia (both young artists on her team) lmao

Haha she should have done a Kelly and switched it up! But from a producer point of view I guess it makes sense for the 'young adults' Matt, Janie and Claudia to be battling each other, and then do the 'youngest vs oldest' for Steve and Emmagen.

1 minute ago, Rach88 said:

I also find it so strange they're promoting this week's playoffs as 'the finals start Sunday' already - considering they still have playoffs + showdowns it feels a bit premature to be calling the Top 32 the 'finals'. 

Website of 9now said that after this Playoffs, there'll be only 5 weeks left for the show this season. I think Live Playoffs and Showdowns is part of the Live Shows. 

This is how I think it'll go:

Live Playoffs- 3 consecutive days this week

Showdowns- next week

Live Shows- 3 consecutive weeks

Grand Finale- week after Live Shows

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Website of 9now said that after this Playoffs, there'll be only 5 weeks left for the show this season. I think Live Playoffs and Showdowns is part of the Live Shows

Oh gosh I haven't seen this yet! Are you able to find the link for that article?

I'm actually quite surprised there's 5 weeks - I was predicting the grand final would be closer. 

4 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Live Playoffs- 3 consecutive days this week

Showdowns- next week

Live Shows- 3 consecutive weeks

Grand Finale- week after Live Shows

Definitely agree with the Showdowns airing next week, but I'm guessing some 'live shows' are pre-recorded. Judging by how often I've seen snippets of them filming on-set over the past weeks, they've definitely already finished at least the first 'final' after the showdowns. 

Perhaps they'll do the grand finale live, however I reckon public voting won't be included until the semi-finals and it'll be coaches eliminating contestants from their teams.

This is just a crazy theory, but seeing as it's difficult to do the 'live shows' when they've got George and Kelly via satellite, if they pre-record the finals and can't do public voting until the grand final, coaches could do eliminations themselves.

After all the contestants on a team have performed, each coach votes for who they think should be eliminated. If there's a tie then whoever coaches that team has the final say (e.g. For Team Guy if Delta and Kelly choose Wolf but Guy and George choose Johnny, Johnny is eliminated)

9 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Just announced!!!! Caleb and Ella weren't able to continue so George and Kelly both could 'save' an artist. That explains why Elyse is there - any idea who Kelly's save is?

https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/artists-ella-monnery-caleb-jago-ward-leave-competition-covid-coronavirus-australia-2020/bb26f684-ef03-4db9-ab3b-b329923e6afc

MASHA SHOULD'VE MADE IT THAN ELLA ☹️

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

MASHA SHOULD'VE MADE IT THAN ELLA ☹️

Masha's still in the competition anyway - but it'll be interesting to see who George picks out of Masha and Ella, considering he said this about Elyse:

"I was given a chance to bring back an artist who lost their Battle," Boy George revealed. "There was only ever one artist that stuck in my memory."

Looking at all the eliminated contestants on https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/artists , the only one I can remember where Kelly was shocked about the elimination was Xy Latu - that's my guess as to who comes back