Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

Recommended Posts

Right at the start of this promo - around 0:04 you can see Jesse nodding along behind Stellar

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Right at the start of this promo - around 0:04 you can see Jesse nodding along behind Stellar

 

 

 

May I know what Stellar is singing? 

 

It looks like Roxanne is the one battling Masha, not Elyse. So I wonder what Elise is for

 

EDIT: It is definitely Elyse, and it's kinda weird because her and Masha's song is the same

Edited by anonymouskid_35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

May I know what Stellar is singing? 

 

Stellar's singing Billie Eilish's I Love You! Bloody good voice 😍

 

Oooo you're right!! I saw in a news article that there are 'surprises' - so either they're bringing back some eliminated contestants or it's because some contestants can't make it and Elyse is replacing one of them. Still doesn't really explain why Elyse and Masha are singing the same song if they're not against each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

singing the same song if they're not against each other

I think they're the ones paired, not sure, cannot see clearly on that preview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I think they're the ones paired, not sure, cannot see clearly on that preview

Just had a closer look - it's definitely Masha vs Elyse. Roxanne's hair is light brown at the top whereas in the promo the girl wearing the blue dress has jet black hair. Interesting that Masha and Elyse are singing the same song in the playoff when it's usually a separate song for each contestant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone on team George is already confirmed on the playoffs. Everyone but Angela, so if Elyse is back because some artist quitted, that's definitely her! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, searomordep said:

Everyone on team George is already confirmed on the playoffs. Everyone but Angela, so if Elyse is back because some artist quitted, that's definitely her! :(

I thought so... my guess is Angela can't come back to film the rest of the show so Elyse joins George's team.

I guess George no longer has to keep his promise to Angela that she goes right until the finals  😢

 

On the promo that The Voice Au just posted on Instagram, they're already calling this week The Finals. So I'm guessing playoffs and showdowns are now part of the 'finals'. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Delta said last night that they're nearly finished filming The Voice!

They're at the 'pointy end' of the show so I wonder how eliminations will work. Will the coaches be choosing who goes home until semi-finals/grand finale??

The Veronicas have just released a new song today and they'll be performing it live on The Voice - good timing that they're appearing as guest mentors!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angela posted that she will be on Monday's episode on her FB page.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Rach88 said:

Right at the start of this promo - around 0:04 you can see Jesse nodding along behind Stellar

 

 

 

I just realized Timothy was singing Used to Love by Dean Lewis here, love that song and I am excited to hear him sing it. 😁

 

 

 

 

Edited by mjdolorico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Angela posted that she will be on Monday's episode on her FB page.

 

Oh my gosh!! Why is Masha in a playoff against Elyse!!!?? Can someone confirm that it is Elyse vs Masha or am I just seeing things? 😂

 

Do anyone remember what days Team George has said their playoffs are airing?

Nathan vs Siala

Angela - Monday

Sapphire - Tuesday

Roxane

Virginia

Caleb

Masha

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Oh my gosh!! Why is Masha in a playoff against Elyse!!!?? Can someone confirm that it is Elyse vs Masha or am I just seeing things? 😂

 

Is Roxanne confirmed in the Playoffs? I haven't seen her in any previews so far. Considering she is a middle-aged family woman, with kids and a husband. It might be her quitting or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Oh my gosh!! Why is Masha in a playoff against Elyse!!!?? Can someone confirm that it is Elyse vs Masha or am I just seeing things? 😂

 

Do anyone remember what days Team George has said their playoffs are airing?

Nathan vs Siala

Angela - Monday

Sapphire - Tuesday

Roxane

Virginia

Caleb

Masha

 

 

 

I know we already saw Virginia, Masha and maybe Roxane singing on the Playoffs.

 

We didn't see Caleb singing at all yet, right? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

Roxane

They haven't shown Roxanne yet I think? It was Elyse who is paired with Masha so yeah.

 

I think I saw Caleb on the last preview, IDK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Is Roxanne confirmed in the Playoffs? I haven't seen her in any previews so far. Considering she is a middle-aged family woman, with kids and a husband. It might be her quitting or something?

She posted this on her Instagram so it looks like she'll still be there

 

Edited by Rach88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roxanne posted on instagram something like "Who do you think George put me against on the playoffs?". And I saw Caleb saying something about the playoffs on some instagram comment too. Everyone else on team George was seen on the promo. So I really can't see why Elyse is there apparently on team George. His team will have 9 contestants (?). There will be a three-way playoff? And the other coaches will bring someone else too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, searomordep said:

Everyone else on team George was seen on the promo. So I really can't see why Elyse is there apparently on team George. His team will have 9 contestants (?). There will be a three-way playoff? And the other coaches will bring someone else too? 

The most confusing part is that Elyse is clearly seen against Masha, which should mean that Elyse is somehow on Team George (but was eliminated from Guy's team). I don't think all coaches get an extra contestant - the description of the playoffs is to make it through to the Top 20 (4 winners + 1 wildcard on each team).

It has to be that a contestant pulls out or something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got a preview of Johnny Manuel vs Wolf Winters! Johnny's singing Forever Young and Wolf is doing Dance Monkey - Johnny wins by a mile in my opinion.

Wolf's voice is unique but it almost sounds like he's shouting rather than singing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

We just got a preview of Johnny Manuel vs Wolf Winters! Johnny's singing Forever Young and Wolf is doing Dance Monkey - Johnny wins by a mile in my opinion.

Wolf's voice is unique but it almost sounds like he's shouting rather than singing

Man they really wanted to ensure that Wolf couldn't go far at all. Only explanation for these song choices for him smh.

Johnny's take on the song sounds really nice from that brief clip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I love Johnny and all, but everytime I hear Forever Young, first person that comes to my mind was Kailey Abel lmao she slayed that song.

 

Based on the previews, I did love that both artists went out of their comfort zone especially Wolf. But for me Wolf's song choice is so weird that it isn't understandable why would he pick such song at a very critical round.

 

I do agree with @Someone648, I think they/maybe Guy wouldn't want Wolf to move far, giving him that song choice, and that opponent lmao. 

 

I wished they'd shown Jessie vs. Stellar instead, that will be an epic one

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Someone648 said:

Man they really wanted to ensure that Wolf couldn't go far at all. Only explanation for these song choices for him smh.

Johnny's take on the song sounds really nice from that brief clip!

To be honest The Sound of Silence was the perfect song for him - I can't think of many songs that would suit his voice as well as that did. Having such a low register is a novelty but Wolf's voice isn't refined enough and lacks polish. 

I think Johnny is a really strong contender - the only thing is I don't want him to oversing songs and put too many runs to embellish it. He reminds me of Jack Vidgen but better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rach88 said:

I don't want him to oversing songs and put too many runs to embellish it. He reminds me of Jack Vidgen but better.

Agreed 100%. The type of artist that Johnny is usually overdoing some songs, to the point that it is not appealing at all. And man, Guy's song choices should be better now, or else, I really can't see people being consistent on supporting Johnny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

We just got a preview of Johnny Manuel vs Wolf Winters! Johnny's singing Forever Young and Wolf is doing Dance Monkey - Johnny wins by a mile in my opinion.

Wolf's voice is unique but it almost sounds like he's shouting rather than singing

 

WTF is with these song choices 😂😂😂

 

Also this is conflicting with the fact that Elyse and Masha were singing the same song. Did they mess with the editing of the promos or something? Or was Elyse's reentry into the show so last-minute that they didn't have time to clear and rehearse a new song for Elyse? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

Also this is conflicting with the fact that Elyse and Masha were singing the same song. Did they mess with the editing of the promos or something? Or was Elyse's reentry into the show so last-minute that they didn't have time to clear and rehearse a new song for Elyse?

It was confirmed that each contestant sings their own song quite some time ago - that's why we're all confused that Elyse and Masha are singing the same song.

In the first promo they showed it definitely looks like they're both singing I Have Nothing so it definitely doesn't make any sense - you might be right that the person competing against Masha dropped out last minute and their song wasn't something Elyse could do, so she and Masha both sang the same song.

 

This is George's team and what we know so far:

Nathan vs Siala

Masha (vs Elyse)

Angela - Monday

Sapphire - Tuesday

Virginia - Tuesday

Roxane

Caleb

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we know, The Veronicas and Marcia Hines will be guest mentors for Boy George and Kelly for the playoffs.

The Veronicas are performing their new single on Sunday's episode

 

 

From what I've heard, Prinnie Stevens and Rebecca Selley (contestants from last year's season) will have some kind of role later on in the season as they've both been seen on-set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...