just a question Siala is a Girl right??

Yes!! I was also confused at first ūüėā

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yes!! I was also confused at first ūüėā

OMG IM LITERALLY USING HE IN ALL OF MY COMMENTS IN HER PERFORMANCE

• Like 1

If it was public voting, I would have been confident that Timothy would get a place in the finale, but now that it's coach's choice, I am waffling between Johnny and him. It will heavily depend on how they'll perform in the showdowns and semis, but from what I'm seeing, Guy likes them both a lot. Hopefully Timothy can give a brilliant performance tomorrow so he can get ahead of Johnny, who clearly stumbled tonight. If I was Johnny, I would be extremely worried about a significant portion of the public still picking Wolf's disastrous performance over his technically better if ill-advised song choice. 

15 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

If it was public voting, I would have been confident that Timothy would get a place in the finale, but now that it's coach's choice, I am waffling between Johnny and him. It will heavily depend on how they'll perform in the showdowns and semis, but from what I'm seeing, Guy likes them both a lot. Hopefully Timothy can give a brilliant performance tomorrow so he can get ahead of Johnny, who clearly stumbled tonight. If I was Johnny, I would be extremely worried about a significant portion of the public still picking Wolf's disastrous performance over his technically better if ill-advised song choice. 

100% agree with you - if public voting decided who goes into the semi-finals and grand final, I think Timothy would definitely be in. I wonder if viewers' reactions and comments have affected their decisions - seeing as semi-finals were probably just filmed this past week, coaches have probably gauged who the fan favourites are. Johnny definitely stood out with his blind auditions, but Timothy's definitely the underdog. It's definitely a toss-up between the 2 for Team Guy

10 hours ago, Rach88 said:

Team Guy

Johnny vs Wolf

Adam vs Josh Pywell

Timothy vs Matt (In the preview we can see Timothy against a man, so that's it)

Stefanie vs Soma

Can I just say that Timothy vs Matt is absolutely cruel!!! They're both so similar in that they sing the same genre, but Timothy has such a special tone. Would be hard for Guy to eliminate Matt, who's a friend of his.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jarmon said:

Yeah I feel bad for Chris. Guy was horrible this season and his brother is gonna face the consequences of his actions :(.

To be honest even without Guy's 'controversial decisions' he would still not get the public vote. Any contestant whose brother is a coach would be treated the same way - but I don't think Chris really expects to win anyway, it's more to do with the exposure that appearing on a show like this gets you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Can I just say that Timothy vs Matt is absolutely cruel!!! They're both so similar in that they sing the same genre, but Timothy has such a special tone. Would be hard for Guy to eliminate Matt, who's a friend of his.

This would have been such a prime candidate for a save, but they are just too similar that I don't see Guy saving either one if they lose. Hope Guy makes the right decision here, but not holding my breath.

that's honestly the last season I'll watch if Guy is coaching.

Every week I say he's horrible, but he just keeps getting worse. Wtf are those song choices? Adam and Johnny were handpicked by him beforehand to win, and he still couldn't chose good songs for them to shine. He's shit and horrible. I really hope they never bring him back next season. 

• Like 3

I agree that Johnny is simply just fading into the backround. The talent is there and all but he just isn't exciting or unique in any way. Wolf had a really rough performance but was still way more memorable.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just adding in song choices for tonight:

Kelly's replacement for Ella is JIMI THE KWEEN

GUY:

Matt Gresham - Half A Man (Dean Lewis)

Timothy James Bowen - Used to Love (Martin Garrix & Dean Lewis)

DELTA:

Stellar Perry - I Love You (billie eilish)

Jesse Teinaki - Everything I Wanted (billie eilish)

Claudia Harrison - Rushing Back (Flume)

GOLDI (Janie & Matt) - Never Be Like You (Flume) <- they made a new stage name

GEORGE:

Angela Fabian - River Deep Mountain High (Tina Turner)

Roxane LeBrasse - What's Love Got to Do With It (Tina Turner)

KELLY:

Elishia - Cry Me A River

Jimi the Kween - I'm Coming Out (Diana Ross)

Mark Furze - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Bo'Ness - Take it Easy (Eagles)

By default, pairings for Tuesday are:

Stephanie Cole vs. Soma Sutton

Steve Clisby vs. Emmagen Rain

Virginia Lillye vs. Sapphire Tamalemai

Chris Sebastian vs. Lyric McFarland

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

This would have been such a prime candidate for a save, but they are just too similar that I don't see Guy saving either one if they lose. Hope Guy makes the right decision here, but not holding my breath.

Yep I don't see a save here - to be honest, what's the point of even having wildcards if they're eliminating half the teams anyway? It's sad that we go from Top 20 to Top 8 within the space of 2 episodes. I would hate to be in the coaches' chairs - that's not enough air-time for the contestants and also unfair for the coaches to eliminate 3 of their 5 contestants in one round.

30 minutes ago, antikid said:

I agree that Johnny is simply just fading into the backround. The talent is there and all but he just isn't exciting or unique in any way. Wolf had a really rough performance but was still way more memorable.

I think the only candidate who has a chance to 'win' on Team Guy is Timothy. Johnny was spectacular in the blinds but it's only gone downhill from there. Wolf may get a wildcard but his voice is too unpolished to make it to the grand final. Adam was again, great in the blinds but the song choices for him in battles/playoffs have been appalling and haven't showcased his voice at all. 

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

KELLY:

Elishia - Cry Me A River

Jimi the Kween - I'm Coming Out (Diana Ross)

Bo'Ness - Take it Easy (Eagles)

It makes sense why Kelly decides not to take either artist through for Elishia and Jimi's playoff. I wonder why she chose Jimi to save if Kelly was just going to kick him out anyway. I'm guessing they're performances are dismal for Kelly to do that?

7 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Just adding in song choices for tonight:

Can I ask where you find these song choices? I had a look at The Voice Australia's Spotify page but it doesn't look like it's been released there yet. Is there someplace where you can find this before the episode airs?

4 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Can I ask where you find these song choices? I had a look at The Voice Australia's Spotify page but it doesn't look like it's been released there yet. Is there someplace where you can find this before the episode airs?

https://ototoy.jp/top/

You find them in the search bar. I'm unfortunately unable to listen to the previews since I'm in the US, but maybe that's different for other countries.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

TALK ABOUT A PERFECT SONG CHOICE OMG. I'M SO EXCITED

• Thanks 1

I SERIOUSLY said to a friend, that from all the artists eliminated on the battles, the ones I really wanted to hear another performance was Elyse and Jimi. I'm really shocked they both are back!

Now that we have all the pairings, and we know how it's gonna work the rest of the show, I'm gonna make my guess about what's gonna happen

Team Guy

Adam 

Johnny 

Timothy

Stephanie

Wolf (Wildcard)

Final 2: Johnny and Timothy

Team George

Masha

Siala

Angela

Virginia

Elyse (Wildcard)

Final 2: Masha and Siala

Team Delta

Clarissa

Stellar

Claudia

Steve

Jesse (Wildcard)

Final 2: Stellar and Claudia

Team Kelly

Alex 

Mark

Chris

Despina (Wildcard)

Lyric (Wildcard) *Have no ideia what Kelly is gonna do not taking two artists through

Final 2: Chris and Mark

And then, the finals to me would be: Johnny, Masha, Stellar and Chris.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rach88 said:

I think the only candidate who has a chance to 'win' on Team Guy is Timothy. Johnny was spectacular in the blinds but it's only gone downhill from there. Wolf may get a wildcard but his voice is too unpolished to make it to the grand final. Adam was again, great in the blinds but the song choices for him in battles/playoffs have been appalling and haven't showcased his voice at all. 

I wouldn't count Wolf out, people seem to adore him. I don't know why, to me he sounds awful. His voice is different but so unpolished

Losing Caleb and Siala flopping this round definitely weakened George's team a LOT

My dream top 4 would be : Matt Gresham/Timothy (Guy); Jesse (Delta); Sapphire (George); Mark Furze (Kelly). 

What I think we'll get         : Johnny (Guy); Stellar (Delta); Masha (George); Chris (Kelly)

Even though these 4 are not my favorites, I don't really mind them going to the GF, at least they're all good vocalists. 

They handled Siala's mess up well, not editing it out or pretending it didn't happen. This is what TV USA should have done with Thunderstorm's performance.

But anyways, what time is the episode today in PST (or EST) cause I wanna know if I'll have to stay up to watch it.

Also, where can I stream it?

4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

But anyways, what time is the episode today in PST (or EST) cause I wanna know if I'll have to stay up to watch it.

Also, where can I stream it?

5 AM in EST and I am streaming it via 9now using VPN 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

TALK ABOUT A PERFECT SONG CHOICE OMG. I'M SO EXCITED

Just heard a preview of Mark singing it and it's perfect!! Well done Kelly on picking a great song

8 hours ago, searomordep said:

And then, the finals to me would be: Johnny, Masha, Stellar and Chris.

Oooo I'm really liking all your guesses!! The only one I disagree with is taking Masha to the grand final - George might try to emulate what he did with Diana last year, but I don't think she has a chance of winning. Her vocals are strong but I just don't feel anything when she sings.

If George is trying to do something different and 'trendier', I reckon he could go with Siala. I know she messed up last night but she's definitely the most unique in George's team.