The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Looking through social medias again, JusJon and Larriah Jackson confirmed that they're not on the first week.

Also, I'm relatively convinced Marisa Corvo will be Monday just based on the amount of other people that have specified Monday for her.

And on the note of Marisa since I know we've been talking about her KO a bit again..., it's hard to make a judgment on her if we haven't seen any of it yet (unless of course you attended a taping). The way I interpreted what was said by the sources, it sounded like maybe she was a bit too confident and a bit too dramatic for her elimination, but it's hard to call her a jerk when none of us know her personally or know anything backstage. Although the contestants were pretty distanced this season, they've been hyping each other up on Instagram and giving a lot of praise to each other. Marisa is one of the contestants that plenty of others have spoken very highly of/called her a sweetheart/etc., so I'm just saying that while we may be preparing for a cringy reaction or something, maybe we can take it a bit lighter on Marisa lol.

As the original poster mentioning people being jerks, my comment was aimed exclusively at Jason Warrior and his ego - Marisa may have been overconfident about her performance but unless she has specifically been cited as being rude/unkind towards the rest of the cast and crew (which it seems like she hasn't given people are speaking highly of her) then I have no reason to believe she's rude or unkind.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

As the original poster mentioning people being jerks, my comment was aimed exclusively at Jason Warrior and his ego - Marisa may have been overconfident about her performance but unless she has specifically been cited as being rude/unkind towards the rest of the cast and crew (which it seems like she hasn't given people are speaking highly of her) then I have no reason to believe she's rude or unkind.

yeah my understanding is that she thought a little too highly of herself, not that she was unkind

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Agreed! With Jason I think it's weird because we have no reason to assume he was rude or anything based on his time on The Voice, while on The Four they made him seem like a villain. It seems like a lot of what they did on The Four was done for drama so he's probably not even bad in real life either. Hope his time on AI goes well for him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Agreed! With Jason I think it's weird because we have no reason to assume he was rude or anything based on his time on The Voice, while on The Four they made him seem like a villain. It seems like a lot of what they did on The Four was done for drama so he's probably not even bad in real life either. Hope his time on AI goes well for him.

honestly i feel like his whole speech was pretty indicative of his character. perhaps it was scripted? idts but its a possibility ig

Edited by ashwinner

Guys I just noticed that when Blake turned for Tamara it was a little late and I felt he was not so excited. During his last seasons I always look at how Blake will turn and how fast and how eager he want the artist specially those who are hitting such a high note. But now he feels like was not too pleased and he looked too exhausted. He gives me the Adam-tired-vibe back at Season 16. Are we seeing Blake with leaving the show?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Guys I just noticed that when Blake turned for Tamara it was a little late and I felt he was not so excited. During his last seasons I always look at how Blake will turn and how fast and how eager he want the artist specially those who are hitting such a high note. But now he feels like was not too pleased and he looked too exhausted. He gives me the Adam-tired-vibe back at Season 16. Are we seeing Blake with leaving the show?

maybe he wasn't very impressed with Tamara, Gwen didn't look very impressed either

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Like what he said to Tamara, it was very unlikely for someone like her to pick him as a coach, but he still turned because he liked what he heard. I don't see him leaving the show anytime soon. We only saw Tamara's audition, hence, we cannot automatically conclude he's already tired.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Also, I get it's off topic but I have to mention this:

I was looking up stuff about La Voz Mexico and I learned that their most recent season (season 9 apparently) consisted of a top 168 with 42 CONTESTANTS ON EACH TEAM:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Voz_(Mexican_season_9)

42 CONTESANTS PER TEAM????

La Voz Mexico changed the broadcasting channel for 2 seasons, before it was great, there were few people in the teams and the coaches were always changed and incredible, except that since it changed broadcaster, the news chain has completely destroyed the Mexican format by putting 42 people in teams, it's too long and the ratings are catastrophic while on the original channel the ratings were incredibly high

as soon as The Voice changes broadcaster in a country, it almost every time destroys the format of the original

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DETIED said:

maybe he wasn't very impressed with Tamara, Gwen didn't look very impressed either

that's how i would feel about her performance too. i feel like she threw out a bag of vocal tricks (interestingly, much like many said allegra, my favorite of s18, did), and it wasn't super cohesive within the song itself. while im not excited by this performance in particular, i can tell she has great potential if john helps her try to create a more cohesive and well-flowing performance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

True, and plus Tamara and Desz?? Yeah I doubt it

i would really really doubt it, but if they do end up putting both together, it could set up a sort of rivalry-storyline where they both give great performances throughout in a similar lane? however, i do think that they'll want desz to close a later episode

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

How do we know who’s going to be on the lineup for episodes

Contestants are told the week prior and it's up to them if they want to mention it on their social media.

For the premiere, https://www.mjsbigblog.com/ always gets the premiere lineup beforehand. The earliest they've done it is the evening before (which would be late tonight!) or at latest by noon tomorrow.

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Oh wow lol I thought they couldn’t have spilled when they were airing.

Technically I don't think they're supposed to say specifically when but people have done it regardless in the past (and Eli did it this season...)

There's definitely been contestants in the past who do the heavy/not-subtle-at-all implication, which gives it away, but since they're not flat-out saying it I think they're fine.

But watch parties are usually the thing to look out for. There probably won't be many this season, if any at all, but at this rate I'll just take the fact that we get The Voice at all, whether or not we know who's performing in advance lol.

• Like 3