The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

i think payge is gonna win

Payge is kind of a "dark horse" at the moment - we still have to wait ~24/36 hours to see how Minivan reacts to her initially, she's going to be underestimated because of her coach, and she only got a two-chair turn (which is a dumb reason to ignore an artist's potential but it happens, especially if they're not country). I'd be surprised but very happy to see her in the finale.

29 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

her ko and battles were said to be amazing

Kyla Jade was doing incredible performances over the course and yet ...

Mackenzie was doing incredible performances over the course and yet ...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

There's also someone John addresses as a "he" that likely went to/currently attends Berklee and only got the middle two chairs to turn (roughly 35 seconds in) - do we know who might qualify under that? 

berklee school of music or uc berkeley?

3 minutes ago, French20 said:

they had different people they were pushing for that season: brynn and kennedy

As long as Payge makes finale I’ll be happy, because we would be getting as many of her performances as possible. She’s not winning, but I really don’t care tbh (it would be amazing tho).

All I want from my favorites is for them to make finale, so they get as much screentime as they can get. Everything else isn’t that important to me.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, French20 said:

True, although Payge's case has a different set of circumstances.

Assuming we're getting the 1 PV/1 coach save - she already has the advantage that her and Carter are Gwen's only 2 OG members, so as long as one of them gets PV, the other should get the coach save. Additionally, Joseph doesn't seem to be something the audience is attracted to, nor does Gwen sound at all invested in him, while Ben seems to be the least well received of all of the country guys (Jim, Ian, and Tanner - although Jim and Ian don't seem specifically only country) so he'll have a harder time than others at snagging a PV. Kyla and Mackenzie's competition was everyone else on the season. Payge's only competition to get to the finale will be Carter. From there, we'll just have to hope they pimp her. She's one of the very few that have had purely positive feedback across the board from all of the sources (DeSz, John H., Cami, and Jim are the only others...)

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Additionally, Joseph doesn't seem to be something the audience is attracted to, nor does Gwen sound at all invested in him, while Ben seems to be the least well received of all of the country guys

I forget Joseph was even still in the competition... 😅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Well, Blake said Black Lives Matter was something to be proud of on Kelly's show today. So he'll probably get ripped on social media, and maybe some of his fans will all refuse to vote for him anymore, along with John 

they won't, he posted on blackout tuesday and he got hate but people still voted for him. 

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I forget Joseph was even still in the competition... 😅

It seems his spot in the lives is a fluke. Supposedly a weak battle performance resulting in a sympathy steal due to early placement/steal availability, followed by a weak KO performance only supported through an opponent's apparently even weaker KO (which honestly Gwen... if they gave you 2 bad performances, you should've at least saved the one that gave a strong performance in the previous round...)

• Like 1

Just now, Someone648 said:

It seems his spot in the lives is a fluke. Supposedly a weak battle performance resulting in a sympathy steal due to early placement/steal availability, followed by a weak KO performance only supported through an opponent's apparently even weaker KO (which honestly Gwen... if they gave you 2 bad performances, you should've at least saved the one that gave a strong performance in the previous round...)

or she could pull a kelly rowland and not pick either :haha:   

7 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Apparently he has been really week throughout, which sucks, because of his interesting set of song choices: Bob Marley in the blinds, Labelle in the Battles, and Billie Eilish in the KOs. On paper that would be an artist that I would be intrigued in hearing, but the sources have not been kind to him. We´ll see how he does tonight, and strangely they chose him to be in the premiere as well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

or she could pull a kelly rowland and not pick either :haha:   

Give her the extra steal, and boom. We could've had her take James Pyle or Kelsie Watts instead (she DID say she wanted James Pyle...)

But ugh I wanted Van to go through. Above that, I just wanted his Human to be good.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

This is exactly why i hate how the steals are done as every single year we hear how early the steals go but they'll never change it

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Maybe she was overly confident, maybe Kelly pulled a Micah vs. Tayler level of surprising decision, maybe it's a bit of both - until we see it actually play out on screen, spoilers are what we have to go off of and those aren't necessarily without their own biases.

Kelly picked a woman with tons of poise (seemingly) and experience over a frickin' inexperienced teenager because . . . country.  That alone would make me salty if I were Marisa.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve2013 said:

This is exactly why i hate how the steals are done as every single year we hear how early the steals go but they'll never change it

exactly!!! i wish steals were done like the save/wildcard was done in tvaus season 8, with all battles over and *then* they do steals

26 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Kelly picked a woman with tons of poise (seemingly) and experience over a frickin' inexperienced teenager because . . . country.  That alone would make me salty if I were Marisa.

she was against tanner, not a teenage girl??

1 minute ago, antikid said:

Care to explain this one?

John hasn’t worked with country singers and John seemed really enthusiastic about Tanner in his battle and he also stated that he fought really hard in the blinds but he knew he was going with Kelly because she mentioned her success with Jake Hoot

• Like 2