Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Nico's Noms Posted)

SELMA (2014)

G97R.gif

Selma is a 2014 historical drama film written by Paul Webb and directed by Ava DuVernay. It tells the extremely important story of the voter rights marches that took place in Alabama in 1965, led by none other than Martin Luther King, Jr. It features a tour de force performance from David Oyelowo and another really solid turn from Carmen Ejogo as King's wife, Coretta Scott King. I love the history of these marches and they were very influential in America at the time - The Voting Rights Act of 1965 was passed by Lyndon B. Johnson directly after these occurred. I will be honest, the movie itself was paced very slowly for me and I didn't end up finishing the movie when I watched, though this was 5 years ago that I saw it and I would maybe like it more if I gave it another chance now. Overall the movie garnered lots of critical acclaim and won an Oscar for Best Original Song. It had a good run in this game but I suppose it wasn't beloved enough to survive my noms.

GOOD TIME (2017)

giphy.gif

Well I'm a Robert Pattinson stan after watching The Lighthouse recently and looking at the cast of this movie, it's pretty stacked. Jennifer Jason Leigh and Barkhad Abdi also star in this and it features music from Oneohtrix Point Never so that all already has my attention. This movie is about a bank robber (Pattinson) who is trying to free his mentally disabled brother from custody after a hospital trip. This got really good reviews (duh, it lasted a really long time in this game), with much of the praise going to Robert Pattinson's performance, the visuals of the film, and the soundtrack. This is a heist thriller done right according to critics and I actually may check this out sometime soon! It didn't do too well at the box office but lots of movies that I like don't so that's not really a detractor for me. Anyways out it goes from the game!

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Victoria, Elliott, Nico Writeups Due)

adding Shoplifters to the list 💔

How to train your dragon

The Social Network

A Separation

50/50

Pariah

Weekend

Amour

Argo

Nightcrawler

Boyhood

Paddington

Esteros

Call me by your name

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Uncut Gems

Shoplifters

19 hours ago, Alex95 said:

The Conjuring 2 and 1917 have now been eliminated. @NGM is responsible for their writeups. I also still need writeups from @1234567890 and @Elliott.

Hopefully I get them all today so then we can move on to next cycle!

Welp that didn’t happen. Get them in today or you’re getting punished next cycle @1234567890 @NGM @Elliott