Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

9 hours ago, NGM said:

Christopher Robin

Christopher_Robin_poster.png

So I basically can't escape Disney-related sh!t for the night and I'm stuck writing about Winnie the Pooh. Horrific. Anyway the movie is inspired and makes use of those characters to tell a story where an adult Christopher Robin loses his sense of imagination until he gets reunited with Winnie. I want a low budget B-horror film that twists this plot into Christopher being plagued by hallucinations and starts to go insane, sounds more interesting than the plot of this movie. The movie was directed by Marc Forster and starred by Ewan McGregor, with the stuffed animals being done through CGI. I am free (or close to it that I can blab my way to 100 words), so ggwp.

Save. The Wolf of Wall Street

RT

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Killing Them Softly

Marriage Story

On the Basis of Sex

I Am Jonas

The Wolf of Wall Street

The Battery

Harriet

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Christopher Robin

Miss Sloane

El Ángel

You only have 12 there :haha:

Killing Them Softly
The Whistleblower
Marriage Story
On the Basis of Sex
I Am Jonas
The Wolf of Wall Street
The Battery
Harriet
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
Christopher Robin
Miss Sloane
Laurence Anyways
The Heat
El Ángel
The Kings of Summer

JK this should be fine now. Hopefully

Edited by Elliott

10 hours ago, *Chris said:

KINGS OF SUMMER

Im almost asleep so this will be bare minimum and I’ll update it with my other write ups. Doing a quick writeup because I needed to save this brilliant movie by Xavier Dolan. And I am cutting a movie that I like cause it’s easier to do a writeup - a low key favourite of mine that I was able to get it to this point without doing much. The cast of this indie movie is amazing from Nick Offerman to Allison Brie to Megan Mullaly to Nick Robinson. And the movie follows the three teenage boys who spend much of the summer living in the woods to escape from their family drama. I’ll talk more about it later but it has been cut :( 

SAVING: LAURENCE ANYWAYS

10 hours ago, #jeah said:

The Heat (2013)

The Heat is a 2013 action/comedy movie that looks kind of not very funny imo. I haven’t seen it so I can’t say for sure. It stars Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy, two actresses I love. It’s about an FBI agent, played by Bullock, who joins forces with a hot-headed detective, played my McCarthy, to take down an evil drug overlord. How about we just end the war on drugs and call it a day? Jk it’s not that simple! Nothing’s ever that simple! It was directed by Paul Feig and received a 65% score on RT. It grossed over $200 million at the box office, I’d call that a huge success for a comedy movie. Bye bye!

saving: Whistleblower

Just now, *Chris said:

Just repost your original noms and replace that one movie :haha:

The list in my convo with Dee was outdated and I didn’t realize our list in the OP wasn’t all of them.

But it should be fine now. :dead:

Miss Sloane

Miss_Sloane.png

This movie is perfectly fine. I feel like it was award movie bait and it just did not go as planned. Anyway. This movie came out in 2016. This movie stars Jessica Chastain and  other people are certainly in it. In addition to being underwhelming in general, it was also a box office disappointment. It didn't even make back it's budget. Ouch. 

Miss Sloane is a lobbyist. She wants to push a bill that involves larger background searches before purchasing a gun. She brings someone on her team who survived a school shooting. Oh how delightfully manipulative.  Then said person get held up by gunpoint and is saved by someone who legally owns a gun. People opposing the bill run with that. Oh how delightfully manipulative. Some more nonsense ensues and the Bill is eventually passed by her career is over and she gets sent to Prison. Yay? 

Saving Rogue Nation

• Like 1