Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

THE SPECTACULAR NOW

50f4b675fcd99bde6b47f7fc3554a3c5.png

The Spectacular Now is a romantic coming-of-age film released in 2013 starring Shailene Woolley and Miles Teller. They play teenagers Aimee and Sutter who fall in love. Sutter is a popular guy who drinks and parties and Aimee is the introverted nice girl. This isn’t exactly groundbreaking material for a high school film, but the film still got great reviews. Despite the plot’s lack of originality, critics say that the film manages to avoid the typical high school movie clichés. The performances of the lead actors were praised. The characters are well-developed and come across as actual high schoolers instead of the caricatures often seen in other teen flicks. The film is also quite poignant and effectively captures the feelings 18-year-olds would have during their last year of high school. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 91% approval rating and says, “The Spectacular Now is an adroit, sensitive film that avoids typical coming-of-age story trappings.” This seems like a good film I may seek out to watch if it’s ever on Netflix. Apologies to any fans for eliminating it from the rankdown.

And I’ll save Moana.

source.gif

I did not care for the movie adaption if Les Miserables. I thought it spent way too much time in extreme closeup on faces. Also lost some of the spectacle of the stage show for me.

And also there are so many many many supernaturally talented true singer/actors in the world and they still ended up with some of those people that cast...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I did not care for the movie adaption if Les Miserables. I thought it spent way too much time in extreme closeup on faces. Also lost some of the spectacle of the stage show for me.

And also there are so many many many supernaturally talented true singer/actors in the world and they still ended up with some of those people that cast...

RT.

42 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Best thing about it is Samantha Barks & Aaron Tveit being in it, two individual with experience in the musical scene on Broadway & West End. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

see my: tom hooper is a HACK director from my honorary CATS (2019) write-up

14 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Excellent Harry Potter write-up @Steven_ ❤️ I didn't have all the same issues as you with the final film, but you make good points. I'm glad you still enjoyed it. ❤️ 

Thank you! I’m glad you took the time to read it. ^_^ I do still think it’s a good film with great performances from the actors, but I did have high expectations for the film. :haha: 

32 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Thank you! I’m glad you took the time to read it. ^_^ I do still think it’s a good film with great performances from the actors, but I did have high expectations for the film. :haha: 

It deserves to be read! And Harry Potter is one of my favorite things, so I wanted to. :haha: I understand. I didn't have many complaints over the series, but one part that always gets me is how they randomly added a scene to burn down the Weasley's house in HBP. :dead: 😐 

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

@aliasocfan has Rise of the Planet of the Apes vs. The Lego Movie. After making her decision, she can decide which movie eliminated this past round she wants to bring back into the game.

Mandy or Birdman!

Edited by Deeee
please and thank you

14 minutes ago, miss denise said:

It deserves to be read! And Harry Potter is one of my favorite things, so I wanted to. :haha: I understand. I didn't have many complaints over the series, but one part that always gets me is how they randomly added a scene to burn down the Weasley's house in HBP. :dead: 😐 

Thanks! And yes, the attack at the Burrow in HBP was unnecessary. 😑 HBP is easily my least favorite film of the franchise.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes 

Rise_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes_Poster.jp

Oops. After watching the trailer, I realized this is the one I have actually seen. Oh well, it did not make enough of an impression for me to remember it's name. This movie came out in 2011. It stars Andy Serkis and I guess some other people. This movie had a very impressive box office. Considering it spawned two sequels (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes), that should not be a surprise. 

The basic premise is a medicine that repairs the brain I guess. They use it on an ape named Caesar. Caesar shows exceptionally high levels of intelligence. I barely remember the movie. I just remember Caesar being the best part and how screwed you realized the humans were when the rest of the apes got the medicine. lol. They did not need to try that hard. Humans will just destroy themselves. 

Saving the Lego Movie