• Micah
    • Anaya
    • Mandi T
    • Thunderstorm
    • Allegra
    • Tate
    • OTHER: SPECIFY

Some random thoughts. 

Thunderstorm is the frontrunner. Period. 

Micah’s appeal to the audience has been vastly underrated by IDF. We’ll see how he does live, if they even do live shows. 

Joanna has the talent to win, but things need to fall in place for her to have a shot. She needs to be very strategic with her song choices. One bad choice, and she’s gone. 

Todd isn’t someone I can imagine winning, but he has a chance to make the finale, just based on Team Blake status. 

Allegra has a chance to contend,

but we’ll see how her unique tone plays with the audience if they sing live. She has this mumbling thing going on that I can’t get past, but maybe it’s just me. Her battle was successful, but frontrunners don’t emerge during battles.  

Toneisha could be in play for a finale spot, if we have an instant save, but I don’t see her being a top vote getter. 

Zan doesn’t seem to be catching on with the audience, and there isn’t much time. We’ll have a better read on her chances following her KO. 

Joei is a Team Blake country singer, so of course she has a shot, as well. But, she has to get past Minivan first. 

Megan is really raw. Not sure how that’s going to pan out once they either sing without autotune, or from their living rooms. I really don’t think she’s ready to contend. 

Thunderstorm, Joanna and Allegra.

Team Blake’s frontrunner will show up around the live shows as per usual, so I won't bother analyzing that team for the time being :haha:. It could be literally anyone 😂

• Haha 1

As of now, Thunderstorm, Micah, Todd, and Toneisha are the front runners. Depending on their knockouts, Joanna, Megan, Joei, and Allegra could make the finale, but probably won’t win. Everyone else’s chances are pretty slim, unless they give a breakout knockout performance.

I played around with Google Trends, and of the names mentioned as possible frontrunners, in this thread, Thunderstorm, Joanna and Todd  generated the most search activity from their blind and battle performances. Thunderstorm is the highest by a significant margin. Micah is higher than most, but still a notch below those three. The 90 day chart doesn’t capture Monday’s performances yet, so I had to alternate between 30 and 90 day charts. Monday’s performance should show up on the 90 day chart within a couple days, which will make it easier to show this. 

My very unscientific analysis of minivan (Facebook) leads me to believe Thunderstorm is running away with it. Instagram too. 

Edited by TeamAudra

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

My very unscientific analysis of minivan (Facebook) leads me to believe Thunderstorm is running away with it. Instagram too. 

The same thing happened with Katie last season. We all thought she would win since her social media numbers were way above the rest, they are even higher than Thunderstorm's numbers this season. Anyways, the point is Thunderstorm still have a lot to prove if he wants to secure the victory. I'll bet on team Blake (Todd) or Kelly (Megan) for this season's winner though.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, CaptainOggy6320 said:

The same thing happened with Katie last season. We all thought she would win since her social media numbers were way above the rest, they are even higher than Thunderstorm's numbers this season. Anyways, the point is Thunderstorm still have a lot to prove if he wants to secure the victory. I'll bet on team Blake (Todd) or Kelly (Megan) for this season's winner though.

Social media can be deceiving, but more often than not, it gives us a solid idea of who’s resonating with the audience. 

Katie’s numbers were deceiving, but all of us, including me, underestimated how polarizing she was, and she still got voted into the finale, with garbage song choices.  None of the people I mentioned appear to be polarizing, to this point.  

Edited by TeamAudra

The Voice Season 18*

At this point, I would normally warn everyone not to buy stock that has been autotuned but, the way the format is currently expected to unfold I expect this season to be autotuned to TPTB preferences till the end.  So carry on.  Still not buying though, because there is only a handful of contestants we have unmanipulated evidence they can actually sing. 

* The autotuned season

19 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

The Voice Season 18*

At this point, I would normally warn everyone not to buy stock that has been autotuned but, the way the format is currently expected to unfold I expect this season to be autotuned to TPTB preferences till the end.  So carry on.  Still not buying though, because there is only a handful of contestants we have unmanipulated evidence they can actually sing. 

* The autotuned season

Do you think they’d go as far as to have the sound techs make someone sound worse?

I still think it favors someone like Joanna or Thunderstorm, or maybe Allegra. They are all “artists,” and have a more extensive toolbox. I’m not sure generic covers and average vocals will fly with that format. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Do you think they’d go as far as to have the sound techs make someone sound worse?

Sound worse?  You mean like making 1/2 an octave of someone's well documented lower register all but disappear? 

I don't know....What do you think?  😎

23 hours ago, Spurrious said:

The Voice Season 18*

* The autotuned season

Check the spoiler thread if you want to see what The Voice Switzerland did for their finale. That’s probably the direction we’re going. It’s overproduced, autotuned crap. 

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Check the spoiler thread if you want to see what The Voice Switzerland did for their finale. That’s probably the direction we’re going. It’s overproduced, autotuned crap. 

Disappointing, but pretty much....what I expected.  smh

source.gif

• Haha 1

Something to keep in mind. No female, age 18-22 has ever made the finale via PV. Grimmie made it via instant save. If that trend holds this season, that rules out Joanna (18), Megan (18), Zan (22), Joei (22), and Samantha (19). Allegra is 17, so her window of opportunity is about to close. Good thing for her she didn’t wait a year. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Something to keep in mind. No female, age 18-22 has ever made the finale via PV. Grimmie made it via instant save. If that trend holds this season, that rules out Joanna (18), Megan (18), Zan (22), Joei (22), and Samantha (19). Allegra is 17, so her window of opportunity is about to close. Good thing for her she didn’t wait a year. 

The conspiracies are TRUE! Slay Allegra! she did the math.

but Joei, Zan, and Joanna will SHATTER the curse I-

Such Queens!

33 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

The conspiracies are TRUE! Slay Allegra! she did the math.

but Joei, Zan, and Joanna will SHATTER the curse I-

Such Queens!

I don’t even think there have been many close calls. Minivan usually gets rid of them early if they’re fortunate enough to even make it to the voting rounds. Mary Sarah (20) probably would have made it if they just took the top 4 in votes. Maybe there are a couple others I’m not thinking of who came close.

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Cassadee Pope just missed that cursed age range! She turned 23 a month before The Voice S3 aired in Fall 2012. 😂