The Voice 18 ● Blind Auditions 2 ● Discussion

istersay

2 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

Toneisha has everything going against her except her voice.  It's sad but most of the time older more talented artists lose to lesser talented younger artists.  Age bias is real in every level of the music business.

There are all sorts of biases at play when viewer voting is involved. The #1 bias on this show is....genre. There is a faction of the audience who favors singers like her, but not enough to carry her over the finish line. 

50 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

She said 8 years ago, not 8 seasons ago. So she probably auditioned during the seasons of Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbery, Tessanne Chin or Josh Kaufman (Seasons 3,4,5,6)

8 years ago is 2012. Seasons 2 and 3. Both won by Team Blake (Jermaine and Cassadee). Toneisha may have had a chance against Jermaine (though different format back then) but I doubt she'll go farther than Blake's top 2 in S3 - the only season that Team Blake got the win and runner-up.

Edited by season1

8 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

wow.... i have not seen such a weak group of singers in years on the voice... really lackluster first two episodes.. no one has stood out for me yet 

Where is your sense of humor.  Kelly's "creepy uncle" joke was laugh out loud funny - and every coach had some zingers.  The Voice is funny no matter what caliber the talent is.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Humor?

What has been funny tonight, other than Jonas email girl?

Nick telling Kelly he sent her some songs and she rejected them.  MPJh92m.gif

Kelly not realizing she was blocked until the end of the performance. 0LEWwAN.gif

The "creepy uncle" segment. 0DoVFku.gif

Fool's gold was funny too. There are  more comments that I found funny. I guess I am easily amused. 6jN7jt1.gif

Edited by season1

3 minutes ago, season1 said:

Nick telling Kelly he sent her some songs and she rejected them.  MPJh92m.gif

Kelly not realizing she was blocked until the end of the performance. 0LEWwAN.gif

The "creepy uncle" segment. 0DoVFku.gif

Fool's gold was funny too. There are  more comments that I found funny. I guess I am easily amused. 6jN7jt1.gif

The first one is sort of funny, I guess. I was so bored with the episode, I zoned out and missed the others. Haha....a delayed laugh! 

This show is badly missing the Blake-Adam dynamic, IMO. 

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The first one is sort of funny, I guess. I was so bored with the episode, I zoned out and missed the others. Haha....a delayed laugh! 

This show is badly missing the Blake-Adam dynamic, IMO. 

You definitely zoned out on the humor.  And let's be crystal clear - as much as I like and respect Blake hes looking more and more like a Dinosaur every season.  Adam is extinct.

eta - TV is Kelly Clarkson's show now.

Edited by Cranberrys

17 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

You definitely zoned out on the humor.  And let's be crystal clear - as much as I like and respect Blake hes looking more and more like a Dinosaur every season.  Adam is extinct.

eta - TV is Kelly Clarkson's show now.

According to TV social media, it’s Nick’s show now. 

Edited by TeamAudra

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

According to TV social media, it’s Nick’s show now. 

C'mon Audra......who's got the best personality?  Who brings the most joy & laughter to every episode? Who's the funniest coach?  Who is the best entertainer? And who is the best singer by a bazillion miles?

Nick's not the answer to any of those questions.

eta - In fact - it's Kelly Clarkson's world and we're just living in it.

Edited by Cranberrys

C'mon Audra......who's got the best personality?  Who brings the most joy & laughter to every episode? Who's the funniest coach?  Who is the best entertainer? And who is the best singer by a bazillion miles?

Nick's not the answer to any of those questions.

I don’t see Kelly Clarkson anywhere on the banner. LOL

RC5YLQs.png

Edited by TeamAudra

TV Marketing for a young new coach.  That's all - and you know it.  There is no platform or parallel of existence where Nick Jonas is as talented as Kelly Clarkson.

I’m not a fan, but they must think he’s gonna bring in the younger female audience, or something.