Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

All nomination requests have been honored. Sorry if any favorites were nominated. I nominated shows I either hadn't heard of, or shows I hadn't seen. I nominated 28, I hope that is right. Also thanks for all the well wishes!

Nominations:
The Young Pope
Rizzoli & Isles
Sharp Objects
Fosse/Verdon

Half & Half
Shameless (UK)
Why Women Kill

Homeland
Rome
The Haunting of Hill House

Haven
Kyle XY
The 10th Kingdom

F Is For Family
The Angry Beavers
As Told By Ginger

Instant Hotel
Laguna Beach
Bad Girls Club

iCarly
Faking It
Euphoria

Hollywood Game Night
Double Dare 2000
Beat Shazam

Chappelle's Show
House Hunters
Key & Peele

Kyle XY
IPB Image

I never watched this show, but I remember the commercials for it when I was younger, and they would always show him in the promo lifting his shirt and having no belly button and it always creeped me out :haha:. Anyways, Kyle XY is a science fiction show that aired on Freeform ABC Family from 2006-2009. Kyle wakes up naked in a forest in Seattle with no knowledge, abilities, or a belly button lol. He has to figure out who he is and where he came from. Looks like the show got prematurely cancelled without answering all the questions so that sucks for the fans I would've been pissed :(. On the season three DVD, the creator talks about what would have happened though so hopefully that gives the fans some closure. Matt Dallas is a gorgeous human being so maybe I shouldn't have cut it, but I never watched the show and it doesn't look very good lol whoops so I'm not bothered. The trailer is the silliest thing I've ever seen, this seems like the kinda show I'll dig up on netflix in five years and watch three episodes of to make fun of.

Save The Haunting of Hill House

The Young Pope

IPB Image

I have never heard of this show before even though Jude Law is in it. I didn't miss much because it only lasted 1 season and 10 episodes. So The Young Pope is a drama television series created and directed by Paolo Sorrentino for Sky Atlantic, HBO, and Canal+. Like I mentioned before, the show start Jude Law as a disruptive Pope Pius XIII and Diane Keaton as his confidante Sister Mary. It doesn't seem like this show would interest me at all. This show was intended to be a miniseries. The show aired in 2016 and the followup The New Pope is going starring Jude Law is going to start up in 2020. Weird that it took so long for another followup, but oh well.

HOUSE HUNTERS

IPB Image

House Hunters is a fine guilty pleasure / background noise show, but it's not exactly high art. House Hunters focuses on a couple that is weirdly wealthy "searching" for their dream home. Obviously it's 100% staged and the couple's already closed on the house before production's even started on their episode, but hey... at least we can watch people have legit meltdowns because one of the homes is two inches further from the ocean than they'd like. (I mean with climate change, it won't stay that way much longer anymore.) Anyway, like I said, it's fun to watch when you're drunk or have on as good background noise, but it's not something that desires 100 words to right from, so here we go.

SAVE: Faking It

IPB Image

Haven

IPB Image

I changed my cut because I hate cutting shows I've never seen. Yes, it makes me different than other rankers. :haha: It makes the write up more difficult and I have no idea of the quality of the show. Sorry to Haven. You are a show I've seen that I have no issues with leaving right now.

It's a fiction town in Maine that has people with ~troubles~. That's how they explain the supernatural element. The main character, called Audrey, is immune to the troubles. She helps the people with them to get it under control.

This show also drove me crazy for a while. Adam Copelane joins the cast. I could not remember where I knew him from. Then suddenly I saw him credit as WWE superstar Edge aka the Rated R superstar. Having short hair made him look so different. (!)

Anyway. This show is decent. There are some compelling episodes and some are boring.

Saving Sharp Objects