Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Kenan & Kel

capa_kenan__47906_zoom.jpg

giphy.gif

Ugh it absolutely PAINS me to cut Kenan & Kel, but as the saying goes if you really love something…. you got to let it go, so that is what I am doing with Kenan & Kel. :’( :broken: This is  a show I fought and protected safety for sooo long and throughout the portion of the game, which I know a lot of your rankers KNOW that I have. :haha: So I thank you all for not cutting it - although it doesn’t make it easy for me to do so. :haha: There’s that and a number of other reasons I am making this cut. I also don’t want to cut one of the shows Denise really loves - although I am doing so Kenan & Kel with cutting right now. So ugh. :dead: But yeah I love this show too. Also between the two, I think SNL would have better longevity being targeted and nominated less than Kenan & Kel, and I think SNL has a better chance of going further over Kenan & Kel. Then you could also make the argument of how Kenan & Kel wasn’t around much in the 2000s and is predominately more of a 90s show. So that all factors into my decision. 

Kenan & Kel is an American teen sitcom that was created by Kim Bass. aired for four seasons with episodes on Nickeloden from August 17 1996 through July 15, 2000. The show stars Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell as its leads of course. And I am sure some people knows this, and if you didn’t, I have been a huge fan of Kenan and Kel, since all the way back from their days on All That. I love them and find them absolutely hilarious - and they are likable good guys and always managed to put a smile on my face and would always have me crack up. :haha: So I thought it was genius for whoever decided to let them have their spin off show. Kenan & Kel is was such a huge childhood favorite of mine that I absolutely loved, and if i’m able to watch reruns of it, of course i would tune in and watch and still find it hilarious - 20+ years later.

I need to post about their iconic song, which you can watch right here.

giphy.gif

source.gif

LOL Coolio raps on the song, and lmao just from that you can tell this is pure 90s greatness. ‘90s music and hip-hop is where it’s at, y’all. :wub: But yeah this song was THE JAM and I will not hear anything else. AH HERE IT GOES. Gets me soo pumped! :bobo:

So Kenan & Kel is set in Chicago Illinois. The show tells the story of two best friends, Kenan Rockmore and Kel Kimble, who always finds themselves getting into a lot of mischief and misadventures and doing a lot of crazy outrageous things - which makes us all crack up with their ridiculousness. :haha: Kenan is usually the plot schemer type who always devises some over the top crazy plan for him and Kel to do and Kel, has no choice but to go along with what Kenan wants to do. Even though it often gets Kel is most danger. :haha: But Kel plays the happy-go-lucky fun guy. 

source.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ov8vrqk16g1usw21bo5_250.gif

tumblr_ov8vrqk16g1usw21bo2_250.gif

And let’s not also forget Kel’s love for orange soda. I COULD NOT do this  write-up without mentioning  Kel’s love for orange soda. WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA? KEL LOVES ORANGE SODA. IS IT TRRUUEEE? I DO I DO I DOO-OOOOOOH! :bobo: Let’s do it in gif form!

source.gif

giphy.gif

t9y3DNb.gif

giphy.gif

And I also absolutely LOVE orange soda and that’s my favorite kind of soda, sooo I don’t know if Kel influenced me on loving orange soda or what.  I will say that he did.

giphy.gif

Kenan’s family also plays a big prominent part o the show - there’s Roger (Kenan’s father, played by Ken Foree), Sheryl (Kenan’s mother, played by Teal Marchande) and Kyra (Kenan’s younger sister). Roger plays the short fused father that gets easily mad while Sheryl plays the loving wife that tries to calm him down and is the much more level headed one of the two.

giphy.gif

Then yeah there’s little Kyra who has the biggest crush on Kel, even though Kel is oblivious to it all. He has his eyes on another woman….. his orange soda.

240px-Kyra1.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_lotoe4RWQH1qcj7k0o1_500.gif

Then there is also Chris Potter (played by Dan Frischman), who Kenan’s boss who is also hilarious. Chris is the dorky boss, who tries his hardest to be cool and hip and of course fails at it. :lmao: I’ll prove a few examples.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And I am glad Kenan and Kel are doing really well in their careers. Kenan Thompson, having been on Saturday Night Live for 16 seasons and becoming the longest running SNL cast member ever. Kenan is also a judge on Bring the Funny and has a new comedy show, The Kenan Show, coming out on NBC this year which I will surely be watching. Kel Mitchell has been producing the new reboot of All That, alongside having playing some of his iconic characters on there. He also starred on Game Shakers from 2015-2019. And as many of us know, he killed it on the latest season of Dancing with the Stars, placing as the runner-up. So I am happy both guys are doing well and keeping busy, after all of these years. I feel like I’ve grown up with them and feel like their younger brother….. oh how I wish that was true. :haha: 

Ultimately, yeahhh maybe Kenan & Kel. isn’t a show that deserves to make it much further in this game or maybe shouldn’t have made it this far in the game, but Rankdowns are not meant to be objective. It’s all about getting your favorites to go as far as possible. I absolutely LOVE this show and I do believe this is a Top 20/25 favorite of mine. I’m not exactly true but it was a show I did request and ask safety for many times. I hope you all enjoyed this write-up as it was fun to produce.

Saving: Saturday Night Live

source.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Ugh it absolutely PAINS me to cut Kenan & Kel, but as the saying goes if you really love something…. you got to let it go, so that is what I am doing with Kenan & Kel. :’( :broken: This is  a show I fought and protected safety for sooo long and throughout the portion of the game, which I know a lot of your rankers KNOW that I have. :haha: So I thank you all for not cutting it - although it doesn’t make it easy for me to do so. :haha: There’s that and a number of other reasons I am making this cut. I also don’t want to cut one of the shows Denise really loves - although I am doing so Kenan & Kel with cutting right now. So ugh. :dead: But yeah I love this show too. 

I need to post about their iconic song, which you can watch right here.

giphy.gif

source.gif

LOL Coolio raps on the song, and lmao just from that you can tell this is pure 90s greatness. ‘90s music and hip-hop is where it’s at, y’all. :wub: But yeah this song was THE JAM and I will not hear anything else. AH HERE IT GOES. Gets me soo pumped! :bobo:

giphy.gif

Then yeah there’s little Kyra who has the biggest crush on Kel, even though Kel is oblivious to it all. He has his eyes on another woman….. his orange soda.

Ultimately, yeahhh maybe Kenan & Kel. isn’t a show that deserves to make it much further in this game or maybe shouldn’t have made it this far in the game, but Rankdowns are not meant to be objective. It’s all about getting your favorites to go as far as possible. I absolutely LOVE this show and I do believe this is a Top 20/25 favorite of mine. I’m not exactly true but it was a show I did request and ask safety for many times. I hope you all enjoyed this write-up as it was fun to produce.

Saving: Saturday Night Live

source.gif

LOVE this Kenan & Kel write-up. :wub: I am so sad it is cut, but obviously this situation was not ideal for us. "I also don’t want to cut one of the shows Denise really loves - although I am doing so Kenan & Kel with cutting right now. So ugh. :dead: "  😢 😢 😢 😢 Yes, you are still cutting a show I love, but it's one of our joint favorites, rather than one only I love, which is kind of you. :broken: (because together we loved the four final nominees, not you alone bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif)   

THE SONG. :bobo: Really takes me back to being a little girl and watching with my brother "late" at night. 😢  

Kel + orange soda. :wub: 

"He has his eyes on another woman….. his orange soda." :lmao: 

"Ultimately, yeahhh maybe Kenan & Kel. isn’t a show that deserves to make it much further in this game or maybe shouldn’t have made it this far in the game" :/  Our favorites deserve just as much as anyone else's. Yes to the rest of this. I don't know where exactly this ranks for me, but it is up there. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifAnd yayy you as the "producer" of this write-up. :giggle:❤️ 

Kenan saved without Kel. 😢 

9 hours ago, miss denise said:

LOVE this Kenan & Kel write-up. :wub: I am so sad it is cut, but obviously this situation was not ideal for us. "I also don’t want to cut one of the shows Denise really loves - although I am doing so Kenan & Kel with cutting right now. So ugh. :dead: "  😢 😢 😢 😢 Yes, you are still cutting a show I love, but it's one of our joint favorites, rather than one only I love, which is kind of you. :broken: (because together we loved the four final nominees, not you alone bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif)   

THE SONG. :bobo: Really takes me back to being a little girl and watching with my brother "late" at night. 😢  

Kel + orange soda. :wub: 

"He has his eyes on another woman….. his orange soda." :lmao: 

"Ultimately, yeahhh maybe Kenan & Kel. isn’t a show that deserves to make it much further in this game or maybe shouldn’t have made it this far in the game" :/  Our favorites deserve just as much as anyone else's. Yes to the rest of this. I don't know where exactly this ranks for me, but it is up there. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gifAnd yayy you as the "producer" of this write-up. :giggle:❤️ 

Kenan saved without Kel. 😢 

Awww yayy thank you, glad you love the write-up! ❤️ Ughh yeah I am too. LOL Yeahh it was kind of a lose/lose situation…. with 3 shows you really loved, one for sure was gonna go and one for sure would have stayed. And ugh sad to lose a joint favorite too. But awww thanks for the kind words here. :hug: And oooooo I know. Definitely wasn’t meaning that only I loved the remaining shows and sorry for that misinterpretation/wording, as I know you do.

Yesss that song. Such a jam! :bobo: LOL at this with the “late” at night. I forgot what time it came on, but that makes sense. :haha:

Gotta mention Kel and his love for orange soda! :giggle: And he did!!

I was just saying that in case people were wondering why K&K made it so far, since it was nominated a lot lately. But K&K deserves it….. and fun lighthearted shows deserve love too. (!) Mhmmmm they certainly do. :yes: I don’t know specifically for me either. I just made an estimate. I can never really rank where shows rank for me. :lmao: Ooooh loll, I didn’t know how to close it. :lmao: It was fun to remincist. Ugh I do wish I could have included video clips but i think I posted enough and I wouldn’t know where to begin to look. :haha:

Ugh I know. :’( Kenan will carry the torch for them both. ❤️

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Awww yayy thank you, glad you love the write-up! ❤️ Ughh yeah I am too. LOL Yeahh it was kind of a lose/lose situation…. with 3 shows you really loved, one for sure was gonna go and one for sure would have stayed. And ugh sad to lose a joint favorite too. But awww thanks for the kind words here. :hug: And oooooo I know. Definitely wasn’t meaning that only I loved the remaining shows and sorry for that misinterpretation/wording, as I know you do.

Yesss that song. Such a jam! :bobo: LOL at this with the “late” at night. I forgot what time it came on, but that makes sense. :haha:

Gotta mention Kel and his love for orange soda! :giggle: And he did!!

I was just saying that in case people were wondering why K&K made it so far, since it was nominated a lot lately. But K&K deserves it….. and fun lighthearted shows deserve love too. (!) Mhmmmm they certainly do. :yes: I don’t know specifically for me either. I just made an estimate. I can never really rank where shows rank for me. :lmao: Ooooh loll, I didn’t know how to close it. :lmao: It was fun to remincist. Ugh I do wish I could have included video clips but i think I posted enough and I wouldn’t know where to begin to look. :haha:

Ugh I know. :’( Kenan will carry the torch for them both. ❤️

:hug: I know. 😢 Yeah.... two could have stayed though. :nanananana: (But you know I told you to save your top favorite and am not mad at you)  Of course. :hug: Yes, I don't even know how much you've seen of the two other shows? :nanananana:

:bobo: Well it was late for me at the time, but probably not late at all. :haha: 

:wub: 

It made it far because we love it! :ohyeah:  I agree.  Oooh I know. Producer Wally! ❤️ Aww you included lots of great gifs and things though. :hug: I definitely would have also included the "Aw, here it goes!"  So iconic. :wub: 

😢 

X2x290G.gif

(!) NOMINATIONS (!) 

American Horror Story: Coven
American Horror Story: Murder House

The Americans

Archer

Battlestar Galactica

Bleach

Chernobyl

Chuck

Downton Abbey