Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

12 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Roswell

I never heard of this show and is pretty much the only nominee left I don't know of anyone else liking, so I'm hoping it's a safe cut. But at the same time, nearly everything I love is being targeted and I will soon probably have nothing left to care about in this game. How fun. :( 

:broken:  

2 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I think there is only one show here that neither of us loves. 😢 

Ugh yeah, I was thinking that. :( 

On the ~bright side, at least some of them will get saved. :( 

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I almost cut Sabrina. I love the earlier seasons, but only the later seasons are in 2000’s, the college years, and those aren’t as good.

As a Sabrina fan, I am glad you didn't. :haha: I liked the college years but agree that the earlier years were much better.

Remaining and bringing over to the next page....

Empire

The Parkers

Summerland

Kenan & Kel

My Wife & Kids

Saturday Night Live

Sabrina, The Teenage Witch

Dawson's Creek

South of Nowhere

Alexa & Katie

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

As a Sabrina fan, I am glad you didn't. :haha: I liked the college years but agree that the earlier years were much better.

Well as a Doctor Who fan it would’ve been fair enough :giggle: 

(Though I’m not upset with you for cutting it. I haven’t watched it in years though did love the earlier years).

4 minutes ago, miss denise said:

source.gif

I don't expect mine to be saved. :(  

Aww, best of luck to your remaining favorites. :(:hug: 

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Well as a Doctor Who fan it would’ve been fair enough :giggle: 

(Though I’m not upset with you for cutting it. I haven’t watched it in years though did love the earlier years).

omggg that's fair. :dead: 🤣

Sorry about that cut. Glad you're not upset about it though. And ah I understand.

One Tree Hill.  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 

I didn't have to put in as much work for this one, thanks to @*Diana constantly gifting it immunity. ❤️ But it really is one of my all-time favorites. 😢  I don't really feel up to doing tributes, but it deserves better. :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

THE PARKERS

HEYYYYYYY, PROFESSOR OGLEVEE. :wub: The Parkers was a spin-off of Moesha and aired on UPN (RIP :broken:) from 1999 until 2004. It starred the iconic Mo'Nique as Nikki Parker and Countess Vaughn as her daughter Kim Parker, reprising their roles from Moesha. The basic plot of the show was that Nikki Parker goes back to college and becomes classmates with her daughter, Kim, and Kim's friends, Stevie and T (played by Jenna Von Oy and Ken Lawson). Nikki develops a crush on their college professor, Professor Oglevee (played by Dorien Wilson), which is where her catchphrase above comes from. Their relationship also serves as the classic "Will they or won't they?" relationship of the series. Additional supporting characters include Yvette Wilson as Andell, who is Nikki's best friend. They had a neighbour for the first few episodes, but she disappears after the first five episodes and is never referenced again. Must've been casting issues.

Anyway, The Parkers was one show that I used to watch while it was airing, and there are lines from the show that I still quote to this day. It also tackled some serious issues owing to its largely POC cast, such as racism, classism and other forms of prejudice. One plot point that I always admired was Kim dating a single father who ultimately perishes in a fire at the close of one season. The next season continues with Kim raising the child as her own as a single mother, until the actual child's mother shows back up. The show ultimately ended after 110 episodes with a three-part finale in which Professor Oglevee realizes that he does indeed have feelings for Nikki, and they get married to begin their lives happily ever after.

I was hoping this show could last longer and was trying to help @*Wallace continue saving it, but my options were limited and wanted to give this show a decent write-up as somebody that was a fan. Also let's not act like this show didn't have one of the best theme songs ever, don't @ me:

SAVE: South of Nowhere

Edited by Elliott

28 minutes ago, miss denise said:

One Tree Hill.  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 

I didn't have to put in as much work for this one, thanks to @*Diana constantly gifting it immunity. ❤️ But it really is one of my all-time favorites. 😢  I don't really feel up to doing tributes, but it deserves better. :( 

I love OTH too! 💔 Happy to see Dexter got saved though!

I’ll be doing my cut and save a little later tonight.  We’re having a little 1 month celebration for my little lady :heartbounce:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Shark Tank.... 😢  

source.gif

Sorry :( 

I don’t watch it that much because we have our own version. And I don’t feel it measures up to the other shows in here.

And I could go on and on why I Hate Kevin OLeary.

17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Cut The Parkers :broken:

save South of Nowhere 

SO SAD. 😢 But I am glad The Parkers have gotten this far and made it within the Top 200. I wanted to push it a little further as I really love that show - and I've been watching the reruns of it on BET lately which has gotten me into the show all over again. :haha: 

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

THE PARKERS

HEYYYYYYYY PROFESSOR OGALVEE. :wub: 

A spin-off of Moesha, The Parkers was a sitcom in UPN starring icon Mo’Nique and Countess Vaughn as a mother and daughter (Nikki and Kim) who wind up attending the same college. Shenanigans ensue. It also starred Jenna Von Oy and Ken Lawson as Kim’s friends, and Dorien Wilson and Yvette Wilson as Nikki’s friends. I will edit this write-up in later to give it justice when I’m not drunk and stanning Jaida Essence Hall. 😘

Looking forward to your edited write-up on The Parkers later. ❤️ 

10 minutes ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

I’ll be doing my cut and save a little later tonight.  We’re having a little 1 month celebration for my little lady :heartbounce:

Awww congrats to your daughter turning 1 month. ❤️ 

Empire 

200.gif

I am in mourning nor do i have f*'cks left to give so no need to shade my write ups because I have no problem doing the bare minimum. I go out of my way making sure everyone's favorites were saved my round only for my favorite to be cut the very next round LOL. why do i try? Let's just be petty and be done with it.

Oh Empire I guess I should talk about you..is this a fair cut? No admittingly no but I am not in the mood to be fair.  This show ran for 6 seasons and was incredibly popular but to me it was good as it gets the first few seasons before becoming messy like so many shows on Fox (cough Glee cough)

Let's talk about Taraji P. Henson who absolutely SHINES in this show. She makes this show what it is like the queen she is. She was the star. Don't at me. 

Save Dawson's Creek

Lol yikes, wasn’t expecting Empire to cut having changed my save for it and hoping someone could have saved it. And heck my top remaining faves are getting cut now. But oh well….. it is what it is. :haha: I’m glad I was able to save it once before at least. ❤️

Although thanks Diana for giving Cookie (Taraji P. Henson) her props. :wub::hug: Cookie really is amazing and one of the best TV characters ever. :wub:  Know that.

source.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

A TRUE QUEEN. :wub: 

And yeah true, Empire has gone downhill on its later seasons but as is the case with every show there is. :haha: It’s one of those shows I will always love and won’t ever quit (though it’s ending in May, which is fair).

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Yeah I love grown-ish but it's not a super top favorite of mine and black-ish def should be the last -ish show in the game...... so I'm okay with it's cut at this point. :( No hard feelnigs regarding teh cut as I'm more passionate over other shows remaining.

Glad you understand! :hug: 

2 hours ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Yay another OTH fan. ❤️ 😢 

Aww happy 1-month birthday to baby Kaley. :wub::hug: 

2 hours ago, *Diana said:

One Tree Hill? 

i am in hell GIF

😢 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Lol yikes, wasn’t expecting Empire to cut having changed my save for it and hoping someone could have saved it. And heck my top remaining faves are getting cut now. But oh well….. it is what it is. :haha: I’m glad I was able to save it once before at least. ❤️

Although thanks Diana for giving Cookie (Taraji P. Henson) her props. :wub::hug: Cookie really is amazing and one of the best TV characters ever. :wub:  Know that.

source.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

A TRUE QUEEN. :wub: 

And yeah true, Empire has gone downhill on its later seasons but as is the case with every show there is. :haha: It’s one of those shows I will always love and won’t ever quit (though it’s ending in May, which is fair).

omg Wally sooo sorry to see Empire cut. :(  I know how much you love it and it was your original save here... ah, that was unexpected. I just want to give you lots of :hug: :hug::hug:

16 minutes ago, miss denise said:

omg Wally sooo sorry to see Empire cut. :(  I know how much you love it and it was your original save here... ah, that was unexpected. I just want to give you lots of :hug: :hug::hug:

Gah yeah thanks a ton. 😢 I fought really hard to protect Empire and really wanted to get it to the Top 100/150 stage.... so yeah I feel a little a lot stupid changing my save of it now, thinking its popularity could have saved it from someone else. 😢:lmao: Thanks for all of the hugs and support though. ❤️