Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

World of Dance

Sorry Wally :(, im a bad team mate.  There are so many more superior dancing shows out there like So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars and its UK variant Strictly Come Dancing.  World of Dance is a reality TV show that is hosted by Scott Evans (previously Jenna Dewan-Tatum).  Its head host is singer, dancer, actress, Jenny from the block.  She has fame-ho Derek Hough by her side, and Ne-Yo.  The judges critic all different styles of dance and score them.  Its sort of a mash-up of Dancing with the Stars and The Voice (for its different style of rounds).  Either way its not enough to keep interested or keep the show safe.  I heard Denys from So You think You Can Dance Canada was on one of the seasons though.  :wub:

Save: Galavant

Thanks for the shout-out and I will forgive you. 😛 But ah yeah of the competitive dance shows, this is the one i'm least attached to so I'm ok with it going at this point. :hug: 

And yes Denys was a contestant on there and had some really good dances on there. :yes: Had to keep that hidden or else Elliott would have cut this show a long time ago.

Total Bellas

total-bellas.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

When I was a kid I use to watch wrestling even went to a wrestlemania at one point I forgot which one it was but I did like it at some point. But when I got older I stopped caring about it. No judgement to the people who still like it but it's not for me anymore.  Total Bellas is a reality tv series featuring Nikki and Brie Bella. It's a spin off show of Total Divas which featured more divas where this one focuses on the bellas and their partners Daniel Bryan & John Cena. I have never watched either of these shows but someone is definitely watching this since season 5 will premiere in April. It's probably cool that wrestling fans get to see their favorites more on tv outside of the ring so I guess I can get the appeal. How real is this show I don't know so maybe they still don't get to the real people not sure one way or another on that part but anyways out it goes from this rankdown.

Saving Party Down

Edited by QueenKalie

Mozart in the Jungle

mozart-in-the-jungle-620x430.jpg

giphy.gif

Mozart in the Jungle is a show that I have no familiarity with at all, nor have head it so it was an easy first second cut for me, as Denise took my first cut. :giggle: Time for me to learn about this show. 

Mozart in the Jungle is a Comedy/Drama series that was developed and created by Roman Coppola, Jason Schwartzman, Alex Timbers and Paul Weitz. Mozart in the Jungle aired on Amazon Video with 4 seasons and 40 episodes from February 6, 2014 through February 16, 2018. The show stars Lola Kirke, Gael Garcia Bernal, Saffron Burrows, Bernadette Peters, Peter Vack, Hannah Dunne and Malcolm McDowell. The only name i really know is Bernadette Peters, whom  I wouldn’t really call myself a fan of. I don’t dislike her but just have no strong opinion of her.

Mozart in the Jungle takes its inspiration from Mozart in the Jungle: Sex, Drugs, and Classical Music, which is Blair Tindall’s memoir of her professional career in New York where she plays a number of big gigs in the New York Philharmonic and the orchestra of various broadway shows.  So it gives us a fancy look and all of the behind the scenes actions of those shows in New York, I would assume. 

Time to provide a video trailer….

Saving: The Game

DiQA.gif

Inside No.9 

dyFQ0Tb.jpg?1

I lost more shows I like/love this round and IDF keeps trying to delete this whole post as I write it, which is just rude. :broken: Today is sad. But hopefully this cut is okay, as I didn't see any complaints. Inside No. 9 is a British dark comedy anthology show that premiered in 2014 and it currently in its fifth season that began airing on Monday.  Each episode contains new characters and a different setting, and they all feature at least one or both of Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton, who are the writers of the show. Since each episode has different characters, the show is able to feature a large variety of popular actors, which is cool.  I took a quick look at the cast list and don't recognize any names, but I'm also not sure the show airs in the U.S. or not.  The stories of each episode are connected by the number 9, as well as the statue of a brass hare that can be found in the background.  omg wait I need to see this.

49Ot4RC.jpg?1

How cute.  :wub: So the hare is hidden in every episode and the viewers can look out for it, as well as enjoy the actual episode. I love that and it reminds me of trying to find the hidden Mickeys in The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. 

BhmcNehCUAAbk3P?format=jpg&name=900x900

I see it. :wub: 

Xye3IVl.jpg?1

The ears. :wub: My day has been made by this hare and this hare alone.

Anyway,  the stories of each episode tend to feature unexpected twists that often take a horrific turn. The show was inspired by an episode of Psychoville, which itself was inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's Rope. Interesting. The show has been well received by critics, and nominated for and won many awards. It seems to be doing quite well, so good for it. I never heard of it before and wasn't sure if it would appeal to me, but it does sound interesting based on what I read. 

Saving: Last Man Standing

Image result for last man standing gif mike baxter

On 12/30/2019 at 10:37 PM, *Wallace said:

Inside No. 9

IPB Image

IPB Image

There were two shows I was debating on cutting, (this one vs. Damages) but I went with Inside No. 9 because there are less people I recognize in it. I’m sure this is a fine cut as no one rushed out to save it or requested safety for it, so yeah. Inside No. 9. Inside No. 9 is a British black comedy anthology that premiered on February 5, 2014. It current has 4 seasons, 25 episodes and is still on the air. The show only airs 6 episodes per season and also has a special.

Inside No. 9 was created, written by and stars Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton. Two guys I’ve never heard of. Each episode is 30 minutes and is a self-contained story with new characters and a new setting per episode. Although each episodes does have one of or both of Reece and Steve in them - but the rest of the stars are new to each episode. The stories are linked and related in some way to the number 9 and has a brass hare statue in the background in the episodes. The themes and plot lines differ per each episode but contains comedy, horror or perverse humor in all of the episodes.

Inside No. 9 is noted for having a lot of critical acclaim success with various award wins and nominations for instance…. The show won the Sketch and Comedy prize at the 35th annual Banff World Media Festival Rockie Awards, and won the comedy prize at the 2016 Rose d'Or ceremony. It received various nominations for the Best TV Sitcom prize at the 2014 Freesat Awards, the Broadcast Award for Best Original Programme, and at the 2014 British Comedy Awards for both the Best New Comedy Programme and the Best Comedy Drama. The show proved to be a huge favorite at the Comedy.co.uk Awards where it was voted "Best TV Comedy Drama" in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, and was named "Comedy of the Year" in 2017. Some very impressive stats.

Not sure if this is a show I would be interested in but it could be for some rankers. As always, I will provide a video for your viewing pleasure.

F6Ud36CpnzQ

Saving: Atypical (for Rei, because he’s great! :*)

IPB Image

REDO!

Sorry for not realizing this earlier, but Inside No. 9 was already cut. 

I would appreciate it if nobody cuts my save if I can't post again in time. :( 

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww yeah i  know. :( And you gave it a much better write-up than me. It should have an honorary post next to it at least. 😛 

That's kind of you. ❤️  Your write-up is great though.