SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

Virgil Gadson

I'll make this look pretty when I can.

Virgil was a hip-hop dancer who was a part of Team Street in the twelfth season. He made it to the finale, finishing as the Team Street runner-up to Jaja and placing third overall. I'm sure my husband has some sassy comment on him outlasting Hailee. Which leads me to talking about his run on the show, which had two highlights with Hailee - his hip-hop to Runnin' and their contemporary to Cellophane. He had a consistent run otherwise and I don't think he had any outright duds compared to some of the others, but I wouldn't have put him in the finale considering Yorelis and JJ were better contestants than him.

Save: Neil Haskell

Tanisha Belnap

340?cb=20140626180620

Gah this was quite tough decision to make here. I do like the remaining contestants ut don’t have an easy least fave here…. and actually a lot of them are my season favorites. Though no hard feelings to Derek there as I don’t think he’s out to get me and noms are getting really difficult at this point. But I tried to go with a nice cut without cutting an actual favorite of mine, SOOO I hope this is noted from people even though not like that’s gonna do me any good. :lmao: Let’s discuss Tanisha.

Tanisha Belnap is a Latin ballroom dancer from SYTYCD Season 11, and she’s the last dancer remaining from that season and wins it for that rankdown - so congrats Tanisha there. I always liked Tanisha well enough but surprisingly wasn’t ever huge on her. On the Showcase episode, she danced a Cha-Cha with Nick Garcia. Then she was partnered with Rudy Abreu throughout the first half of the season where they danced a Jazz, a Broadway, a Hip-Hop and a Contemporary. I think their standouts were their Jazz and Contemporary - and wow disappointing they never did a ballroom together. :( On Top 10 with she danced an Argentine Tango with Ryan Di Lello and advanced through to the Top 8 where she danced a Contemporary with Nick Lazzarini. She was eliminated after that. I think i was fine with her going at this point although I actually would have preferred Valerie to have gone instead but oh well. I wasn’t heartbroken. Tanisha is a very talented ballroom dancer and showcased great versatility throughout her run on the show. Well done to her making it this far.

Saving: Clarice Ordaz

MisguidedQuarrelsomeAfricanpiedkingfishe

4 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

One of y’all motherf*ckers is cutting him right?

Hahahaha

If Rei doesn't change his mind, that leaves:

Jason

Koine

Makenzie

Kent

I feel like there are right and wrong answers from that set, but I'm prepared to be surprised lol

Hayley Ebert

Hayley Ebert is arguably the second best girl from season 2 and one that absolutely deserved to make the finale over Amy. Hayley entered the competition as the obvious brunette fodder that the show like to cast and then throw under the bus to prolong their favorites. Luckily for her, Hayley quickly rose in popularity and after some mediocre weeks really started to slay in the competition. She started her journey with a Mia Michaels contemporary trio along Malece and Carlos that was really amazing and one of Mia's most underrated pieces on the show. For the first four weeks, Hayley danced with Curtis, where they did 4 routines together that were pretty bad except for their Dee Caspary contemporary that was actually pretty great. But even then, you could see glimpses of greatness from Hayley's dancing. After Curtis for injured, Hayley had to perform an Argentine tango with choreographer Leonardo Barrionuevo where she just f*cking slayed. Some people may say that she got lucky because she got to dance with Leonardo, but Hayley just performed the heck out of that routine and delivered the single best ballroom routine of the season. Due to Curtis elimination, Hayley was paired with Nico for a Sean Cheesman broadway that we had already seen in SYTYCD Canada season 3 with Sebastian and Danielle, that I actually preferred. It wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing and certainly not deserving of a reprisal in the finale. She would then dance with All-Stars tWitch, Dmitry and Josh*a where her rumba was clearly her best routine and the second best ballroom of the season after her tango. For her final routine, she danced another Dee Caspary contemporary but with Paul this time. That routine was great too and a nice finish for her journey. Overall, Hayley deserved to make the finale based on her run and she's probably my 2nd favorite girl after Jasmine. But I must say she has dropped a lot on my favorites list and I think that is the case for most of us and I think the reason for that is that she's kinda bland or maybe is the Derek Hough factor,  IDRK. For those of you who doesn't know, Hayley is now dating Derek Hough and I just wish she would just have better taste in men. She was in the DWTS troupe for several years (who unlike Allison was actually pretty good at ballroom) but she was also cut off from that show after all the none changes they did in the latest season. 

Saving Gev Manouklan

I like Hayley well enough. I thought Jenna was a more memorable contestant and Jenna's highs were higher. They both have had huge success off the show in dance and in love, but now that Jenna's gone and I was scrambling for nominees I was like.... what am I holding on to with Hayley? She was good but I preferred Jenna and Caitlynn S8 (if we're talking brunette jazztemp girls who could hold their own in ballroom), so no need to have Hayley sneak through if other people feel the same.

I thought Hayley would be our female champion in S10 and it would’ve been justified.

Once she got eliminated and Jasmine did Run the World, I thought Jasmine would wind up taking it.

I’m boo boo the fool. 🤡 

8 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I like Hayley well enough. I thought Jenna was a more memorable contestant and Jenna's highs were higher. They both have had huge success off the show in dance and in love, but now that Jenna's gone and I was scrambling for nominees I was like.... what am I holding on to with Hayley? She was good but I preferred Jenna and Caitlynn S8 (if we're talking brunette jazztemp girls who could hold their own in ballroom), so no need to have Hayley sneak through if other people feel the same.

Exclude me out of this narrative because I don't feel the same. 😛 😢