SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

14 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Exclude me out of this narrative because I don't feel the same. 😛 😢 

Hahaha okay, you are excluded. I guess I meant if ONE OTHER person felt the same enough to make the cut. But  you had the chance to save her, just sayingggggg

Jason Glover (Season 5)

tumblr_msuiu6hn291qk6jgmo8_250.gifv

Jason Glover had a good run this year. But this is a very generous ranking for him. Jason Glover is super hot and from California. My younger gay self enjoyed both of these facts. He was partnered with Kicks Herself In Head, which really did him a disservice in the competition. Together, this partnership lasted until Top 12 and forced Jason into a few notably bad dances - their Hip-Hop, Paso Doble, and infamous Brian Friedman Pop-Jazz routine. LOL. 

However, their first week Bollywood to Jai Ho is great and their best routine together. Jason was always the much stronger partner, and I felt bad for how poorly most of his pre Top 10 run went due to Caitlin. Funnily enough, Top 12 week saw Jason and Kick Herself In Head dance a Foxtrot and Lyrical Jazz that were both good. Caitlin was eliminated though, while Jason survived to dance his best routines with Jeanine and Kayla. 

“If It Kills Me” and”They’re Everywhere” are iconic routine. “If It Kills Me” is one of the greatest routines ever. I even like his Broadway routine with Kayla as well. Despite his strong showings in the latter half of the competition, his weaker first half impeded him from advancing beyond Top 8 + Evan Kasprzak. YUCK.

After the show, he has been very successful and has worked a ton. Good for him. Although, he dated Janette after the season ended for some time, and apparently he is not the nicest. There is my justification for eliminating him.

SAVING: Koine Iwasaki

22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I thought Hayley would be our female champion in S10 and it would’ve been justified.

Once she got eliminated and Jasmine did Run the World, I thought Jasmine would wind up taking it.

I’m boo boo the fool. 🤡 

Ummmm, Amy danced a CONTEMPORARY routine with ROBERT. A CONTEMPORARY DANCER dancing CONTEMPORARY on SYTYCD. That has basically never happened before. It was such a surprise to see an emotional contemporary routine with TWO CONTEPMORARY DANCERSEES. Really showcased her versatility. Mind blowing. MOTIONAL CONTEPROAREY DANCING ON SUYUCD. AMY AND ROBERT DANCED A ROUTNINE TO EMOTIONAL CONTPMEORARY TROUTINE STACEY TOOKEY EMOTIONAL ROBRT AMY WINNERRR ROBERT EMOTIONAL. 

manchester united GIF

If Run the World was the closer of the episode, I think Jasmine could have won.

39 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

If Run the World was the closer of the episode, I think Jasmine could have won.

Nah, Nigel said Amy lead the vote every week from Top 10 or Top 12 on, iirc. Basically every vote after she was in the B3, she was at the top.

Edited by Elliott

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

I'm not a Taylor fan but his win makes since if you think about it. He managed to pick up the fans of Elliott & Chris and Katharine's finale set list was the definition of CHOICES.

Welp sorry Makenzie you know I love you I am your number one fan here (and Amanda) but your time is done. Atleast you lasted longer than Hayley so I won. Am I cutting you because you are working with trash? Justin Bieber well it's part of it. Kent just lasted longer on the show and I am going to take that logic to go with who to cut.  I actually love Makenzie and always have. She's the type of dancer I tend to root for her but this point in the Rankdown she's admittedly a fair cut to make. 

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Hahaha okay, you are excluded. I guess I meant if ONE OTHER person felt the same enough to make the cut. But  you had the chance to save her, just sayingggggg

Oooh yea I know I did. You made it difficult for me nominating a lot of people I love.... so I had to hold out hope for some to get saved. :lmao: Some worked and some didn't work out. But not upset with you as you may not know / the game is getting really tough now so it's fine. :haha: 😛 

m1APkTA.png

Our updated winners chart with Tanisha Belnap for season 11, finally giving us a female winner in this very Un-IDF like winners chart so far.

And our updated finales:

Season 1: Artem Chigvintsev, Blake McGrath, Ashlé Dawson, Nick Lazzarini

Season 11: Tanisha Belnap, Ricky Ubeda, Rudy Abreu, Emilio Dosal

Season 13: Kida Burns, Ruby Castro, Jordan Nata'e Wandick, Tate McRae

Season 15: Slavik Pustovoytov, Magda Fialek, Genessy Castillo, Darius Hickman

Season 16: Bailey Muñoz, Gino Cosculluela, Mariah Russell, Ezra Sosa

14 hours ago, *Amanda said:

m1APkTA.png

Our updated winners chart with Tanisha Belnap for season 11, finally giving us a female winner in this very Un-IDF like winners chart so far.

And our updated finales:

Season 1: Artem Chigvintsev, Blake McGrath, Ashlé Dawson, Nick Lazzarini

Season 11: Tanisha Belnap, Ricky Ubeda, Rudy Abreu, Emilio Dosal

Season 13: Kida Burns, Ruby Castro, Jordan Nata'e Wandick, Tate McRae

Season 15: Slavik Pustovoytov, Magda Fialek, Genessy Castillo, Darius Hickman

Season 16: Bailey Muñoz, Gino Cosculluela, Mariah Russell, Ezra Sosa

Shouldn’t Cole (and now Jasmine) be there for the seasons that had two winners? :unsure: Or are you just doing overall winners?

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Shouldn’t Cole (and now Jasmine) be there for the seasons that had two winners? :unsure: Or are you just doing overall winners?

What did we do in past rankdowns?

I really don’t want to have to redo this. :dead: 

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I made the charts in previous rankdowns and did both for S9 and S10. :haha:

Mostly because I wanted to remind everyone constantly of Nico being the S10 male winner. :wub: 

Ok, I will fix it then.

Of course. :dead: 

Edited by *Amanda