SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

Eddie "Neptune" Eskridge

Well with his fellow season 12 dancers going out this round I guess I'll keep the trend up by cutting Neptune right now. I believe I am left with him vs a favorite of mine so this isn't shocking I'd guess to anyone.

like I said he danced in season 12 where he placed within the top 8 of that season. honestly I don't remember anyone outside of Gaby ot Jaja so I am probably not the best to give him a good write up. obviously making the top 8 is a nice accomplishment in itself and he has great from himself post season 12 but his time in this Rankdown is over and I am not sad to do so. 

Save Tanisha Belnap

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Dreams come true. I know we were all absolutely shocked that Wally would nominate a tapper

LOL you hush. :haha: 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Wally nominating a black male, smh

I don't really factor race much in this game, especially at this point in the game. :lmao: 

oBXBr5X.png

Congrats to Artem Chigvintsev for winning Season 1!

Season 1: Artem Chigvintsev, Blake McGrath, Ashlé Dawson, Nick Lazzarini

Season 13: Kida Burns, Ruby Castro, Jordan Nata'e Wandick, Tate McRae

Season 15: Slavik Pustovoytov, Magda Fialek, Genessy Castillo, Darius Hickman

Season 16: Bailey Muñoz, Gino Cosculluela, Mariah Russell, Ezra Sosa

Edited by *Amanda

Kathryn McCormick

I mean, if we're in the business of cutting people who could potentially win this rank down, this had to be done. I'm not going to pretend Kathryn isn't a phenomenal dancer and she is, in fact, one of my favourite female dancers, but I also don't want her to coast to an easy victory. So, I will give her the best write-up I can. Kathryn was the top female dancer from the show's sixth season and placed third behind only Jakob and Russell. When Season 6 started, as the second season that year, we all had modest hopes for it, but after seeing Kathryn dance, she brought to mind Courtney and Jeanine and proved her versatility week after week.

In the semi-finals, she was partnered with b-boy Legacy and the pair became one of the most iconic partnerships the show has ever seen. In their run together they danced a Hip-hop (Top 20), Contemporary (Top 18), Broadway (Top 16), Paso Doble (Top 14) and a Jazz and Viennese Waltz in their last week together. Their contemporary and Broadway routines were probably my favourite, but they held their own in every style and Kathryn became one of those rare contemporary girls that could dance hip-hop and ballroom without seeming out of her element.

At the Top 10, Kathryn was stuck with paired with Nathan. She did well, even if their Rumba felt awkward and she outdanced Nathan in the Broadway, but he went home afterwards and she was in the Bottom 4, but safe, thankfully. At the Top 8, she had another magical partnership with Ryan Di Lello. Their disco was decent, but their Cha-cha ("Put Your Hands On Me") will go down as one of the best the show has ever seen.

Thankfully, after a strong week, she bounced back and wasn't in the bottom again. That night, she also danced my favourite solo of hers ("Shadowfeet"). One of the things that makes someone a good soloist for me is the emotion they put in to it and in the brief time Kathryn danced her solo, I definitely felt all the emotions she was trying to convey.

That season, we had a Top 6 finale and in it, Kathryn danced with the three guys - Ryan, Jakob and Russell. With Ryan, she danced another fantastic ballroom routine, this time a Samba. With Jakob, she danced a technically gorgeous contemporary routine ("At This Moment") - although wikipedia lists it as "contemporary ballet". Then, with Russell, she killed a Nappytabs hip-hop that, again, will go down as one of the best hip-hops that season ("I Can Transform Ya").

All-in-all, there really isn't much to fault about Kathryn's run during her season. She's incredibly versatile and a gorgeous dancer in her own style. Since then, she's been a staple all-star of the show. During season 7, she danced a number of Contemporary, Jazz and even Bollywood routines with the men that season. She only appeared once in Season 8, when she danced a contemporary routine with Jess LeProtto. In Season 9, she danced a Bollywood with Will Thomas and a contemporary with eventual male winner Chehon. In Season 10, she danced a Jazz with Paul Karmiryan and a Contemporary with Aaron Turner.

In Season 11, she danced a Broadway with Casey and a Contemporary with Ricky. Her next appearance was then as an all-star partner on Season 13 with Tate McCrae. The two turned out to be a match made in heaven and churned out several good routines, including their gorgeous Travis Wall contemporary routine to Sara Bareilles "She Used to Be Mine". Ironically, her and Tate ended up placing third that season despite being the favourites to win, but I think they have nothing to be ashamed about during their run together.

We haven't seen Kathryn on the show since then, but she has obviously continued to dance and even got married several years ago to her now-husband. With all that said, it's clear that many of the rankers, and the public, love Kathryn and she only lost the last rank down because Elliott and I tanked her ranking and ranked Genessy higher so, I'm doing my part to ensure she doesn't win this year now that Genessy is gone.

Saving: Ivan Koumaev

Edited by sublymonal

Ricky Ubeda (Season 11)

source.gif
source.gif

#BLESS. Season 11 is almost completely exterminated! This write-up will be fixed momentarily, as I’m just finishing work and am about to head home. Ricky U. is just another producer favorite that was essentially handed the win starting from the moment he auditioned for the show. The string of winners that consists of Melanie-Eliana-Chehon-Amy-Ricky makes me want to break out into hives and hurl simultaneously. While Ricky might be the best of these wretched winners in terms of versatility, he is the least exciting and interesting of the bunch. At least the others provided some standout routines that feel memorable and important to the SYTYCD timeline. Ricky danced....seventeen bland and interchangeable Contemporary/Jazz routines, the worst Bollywood and African Jazz routines ever, a horribly overrated Hip-Hop with Valerie, and a bad Viennese Waltz with the horrid contestant that was Valerie. Ricky scrapes by on the fact that he danced a passable routine in each of the major styles, which was something that most of his fellow contestants on Season 11 could not boast. Because Season 11 was abysmal. Sweet guy. As a Cuban, I am always happy to see a fellow Cuban succeed. But his time on the show sucked and the producer shenanigans made watching him the entire season either fail or perform just passably enough to warrant him receiving over-the-top praise a serious, serious chore. Kudos to his post-show success though!

SAVING: Katee Shean

Edited by Deeee

Just now, sublymonal said:

I mean, Diana cut Genessy for the exact same reason I cut Kathryn. 

Oh, I know. But you're lucky that she can't retaliate by nominating all your remaining faves this cycle after you took out her #2.