SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

Megz Alfonso

megz-619x375.jpg

UGH I want to apologize to Rei or this cut. I was trying to be really nice on my round of not nominating her last round and she was one of the last few I removed….. so ugh….. I just want that to be known. I hate having to cut her now but I really like or love everyone else more at this point. :( Hope he can understand this cut, but let’s get to discussing Megz.

Megz Alfonso is a Hip-Hop dancer from Long Island, New York and was 29 on the show…. which is so rare having someone of that age on there. Throughout her run, Megz danced a Hip-Hop with JJ and Neptune on the Showcase episode, a Contemporary with Virgil and Alexia, a Hip-Hop with Jim and Moises (where her counterparts were hot mess… although didn’t mind Jim too much), a Contemporary with Edson, Hip-Hop with Derek (who was also a hot mess in that dance), a Jazz with Marko, Paso Doble with Paul (whoaa I don’t remember this dance at all), a Hip-Hop with Joshua and a Contemporary with Hailee. She was eliminated at the Top 6 stage of the season.

Megz was quite a good and talented dancer and I liked her well enough but she was never a big favorite of mine. It’s actually really a shame two of her Hip-Hops got ruined by Contemporary male dancers that couldn’t dance Hip-Hop sooo ugh at that. Her Contemporary dances were pretty much my favorites from her - especially the one with Edson. She’s done really well making it to the…. Top 45 portion of the game? So well done to Megz here.

Saving: Janette Manrara

7 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Exactly, and she didn't even have a run away win last time. :haha: 

She came in second??? And only because of Elliott and I ranking her last??? If we ranked her any higher she would have run away with it.

3 hours ago, sublymonal said:

She came in second??? And only because of Elliott and I ranking her last??? If we ranked her any higher she would have run away with it.

Possibly but that was because the Top 20 was really foddery. And there were other people in there like Chris that really loved her. She could have very well gotten a lot of petty rankings this year too. :haha: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Kathryn get petty rankings from anyone but Andrew & I?

sure jan GIF

Deee could have if he wanted a bigger favorite of his to win over her (and he did so with Meryl in the last DWTS game). And he has petty cut her in the past. We don't really know with Derek but could have been possible with him. I could have too depending on how I was feeling on the Top 20. :haha:  

I just think Kathryn is too popular/loved to win this game and would always receive any petty votes. Though I was really shocked she did come in 2nd.

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I finally went ahead and did my own ranking to see exactly what the damage is for me so far. 

4 of my Top 5 guys are gone, but my Top 5 girls are still around.

9 of my Top 20 are gone.

I don't know my stats but am sure the majority of my Top 10/20 is gone. :haha: 

Just now, Deeee said:

I’ve always said that I will always rank Kathryn well if she makes it to the finals. Just like last year, when I ranked her third! 

True although you're never immune from petty cutting her beforehand. :lmao: 

Natalie Fotopolous

14753746_10154665162554723_2287077795236

Natalie's presence on social media is pretty much non-existent and this is the most recent picture of her that I could find and it dates to 2016, but I guess this will have to do. Natalie is my 2nd favorite girl of season 2 and my third favorite dancer from that season. I feel like Natalie is one of those dancers that was done a disservice by the show. She was madly talented but given that season 2 sucked hard with the choreography and besides Benji and Donyelle and some few routines, no one really received good routines that season. Natalie did the most she could with the routines she was given and was able to turn a mediocre choreography into a great routines. My favorite routines from her being her disco and hip with Musa, jazz and hip hop with Benji, contemporary with Ryan and contemporary with Ivan. 

Even if you may not be impressed with Natalie's body of routines from the season you must definitely appreciate her group of solos that up to these day is among the best group of solos done by any contestant of any series, being rivaled only by Jeanine Mason, Ellenore Scott, Ricky Ubeda, Melanie Moore, tWitch, Fik-Shun, Dassy Lee and Phillip Chbeeb.

If Natalie would have appeared on seasons 3~6 I think she would have been among the greatest contestants ever and frontrunner cause she definitely had the talent for it. Unfortunately for her, she got stuck with season 2 and with me cutting her at this point even if I love her.

Saving Donyelle Jones

Natalie also danced on a broken knee from Top 10 onward! I'm pretty sure she said at one point that she was on the verge of withdrawing had she made the finale because it was getting too painful to dance with.

Natalie achieved permanent legend status for outlasting Allison alone. I agree that she was stifled on Season 2 and still made Top 6 easily. I said it before, but she was one of the ones from Season 2 that basically invented SYTYCD and is the reason why it became so popular IMO.

Yorelis Apolinario

I guess I'll stay with my trend and cut another season 12 dancer. Post show I actually love her but I am being petty and taking out the one I know people want me to save and is the bigger threat because Marko isn't winning this rankdown at all and he lasted longer his season so I'll cut her. She lasted to the top 14 during season 12 so its not that bad of a placement for her in this game as many others who won or were finalists are gone. Meh at this point i think it's fair she goes out

Sorry to any of her fans

lol the only reason I didn't cut Yorelis was because I though Diana could save Marko over her while she would have definitely save Natalie over Marko :wub:

Not that I think Marko will survive this round though :haha:

25 minutes ago, .Rei said:

lol the only reason I didn't cut Yorelis was because I though Diana could save Marko over her while she would have definitely save Natalie over Marko :wub:

Not that I think Marko will survive this round though :haha:

You strategic son of a gun. :giggle: 

I was hoping for Diana to get to save Natalie but oh well. Love both Natalie and Yorelis. ❤️ Sad to see them go but happy they made it this far.