SYTYCD Rankdown 3.0

*Amanda

I don’t really have a preference either way. I was just curious. :haha:

Plus it means not putting Cole on the chart so that’s a bonus. 😘 If Tiffany wins S9, petition to have both of S10’s winners in place of S9.

13 minutes ago, .Rei said:

same 🙂

❤️ 

10 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Elliott being outvoted. :dead: 

:giggle: 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I don’t really have a preference either way. I was just curious. :haha:

Plus it means not putting Cole on the chart so that’s a bonus. 😘If Tiffany wins S9, petition to have both of S10’s winners in place of S9.

You need to stop at your Tiffany comments. Even though we know you and Dee got a deal this season too. 😘 

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I'm pretty much terrified for the next set of noms. It's like when they have a bottom 3 couples for the Top 12 episode.... that's like half the dancers left and anyone could go

Yeah, I'm really nervous for the noms. I have no idea who Andrew's nominating. Hoping my faves are safe. 🤞

DONYELLE JONES

Donyelle Jones is a hip-hop dancer from the second season of the show, who made it to the finale and placed third after never landing in the bottom three beforehand. She was originally partnered with Benji Schwimmer, and their highlights include a Sh*ne Sp*rks hip-hop to 2 Much Booty (In Da Pants), a Brian Friedman pop jazz to Put the Needle In It, and a Broadway to You Can't Stop the Beat. For the Top 10 episode, she was partnered with Dmitry Chaplin, who had notably sent home all of the women he danced with so far this season. In a twist of fate, she wound up being safe and he was eliminated after their lindy hop to Sing, Sing, Sing and Samba to Hey Mama. Two ballroom routines in one night? Modern SYTYCD is #SHOOK. Top 8 week saw her partnered with Travis Wall, and they did a Hip-Hop to National Anthem Queen Fergie's London Bridge (which is my favourite routine of hers :ph34rwave:) and a quickstep to Dancing Fool. Top 6 saw her reunited with Benji Schwimmer, and the two of them took on a Broadway to Le Jazz Hot and a hip-hop to Hotline. In the finale, she ultimately placed third, besting only Heidi Groskreutz. Considering Heidi shouldn't have been anywhere near that finale, this was a win for all of us.

Post-show, Donyelle unfortunately was diagnosed with Stage 4 metastasized breast cancer, which is heartbreaking to her. She's currently back to teaching her dance classes, which I take as a good sign. I'm obviously hoping for the best and rooting for her to do beat it for good.

SAVE: Jaja Vankova

Sabra Johnson (Season 3)

tumblr_lpuorefgn31r1z7eco5_250.gifv

tumblr_lhiakncAUl1qa5w9eo1_400.gifv

ScaryWaterloggedDrafthorse-size_restrict

Sabra Johnson is the unrightfully winner of the greatest season of So You Think You Can Dance. Sabra Johnson somehow made the finals of the Rankdown last year due to everybody making poor choices. Sabra is just plain...boring. She only won the season because the judges hyped up her story of having only been dancing for four years + bussing Lacey for being Benji's sibling. Sabra also probably gained a bit of momentum after dancing "Sweet Dreams" during the semifinals. AKA HER FIRST GREAT ROUTINE THAT OCCURRED AS THE SEASON WAS ENDING. 

Not to say her partnership with Dominic was bad. Just really unmemorable and not exciting whatsoever. None of their routines stick with me whatsoever, though I'd pinpoint the Rumba and Hip-Hop as their best routines together. Sabra at least danced "Sweet Dreams" and "Koyal." Two of the most iconic Jazz routines in the history of the show. Her two routines in the finale with Neil and Danny are horrendous. The only other good week she had in the competition was with Pasha, and that is mainly because of Pasha. I'm very pleased to be removing Sabra from the Rankdown.

SAVING: Katee Shean (Season 4)

MARKO GERMAR

Marko was a contestant on Season 8. He apparently auditioned for an earlier season, but Nigel rejected him for some reason that I don't remember. But he came back in Season 8 with a brand new story about being shot with the bullet left in his arm and was easily cast, as Season 8 had a relatively weak crop of male dancers. Or maybe just in comparison to the really strong females, idk. Either way, Marko went on to become a staple on SYTYCD.

On Season 8, he danced a Sonya Jazz quartet in the showcase, which I liked. He was then paired with Melanie for the voting rounds (putting two jazztemporary dancers together... questionable...) and they immediately had an iconic moment with the statue dance by Travis Wall. They continued to dance kind of lyrical la la dances together for most of their partnership, until they finally got a tango and luckily had enough fans to survive unscathed. Marko danced with Chelsie... uh... trying to remember the other All Stars he was with. The awkward Allison duet that Lady Gaga cried about, that's one. That episode he also danced hip-hop with Ricky and Gaga hated it, so werk mixed bag lol. His broadway with Sasha and Sonya duet with Caitlynn were some of my other favorites of his on that season.

Later, Marko returned as an All Star for many many many routines. That one with Malece when Jade was injured, Blurred Lines with Jasmine, uh.... that other one with Megz... uh... he replaced Joshua on the kids season as a hip-hop pro when Joshua revealed who he was. It was nice to see Marko show off his mentoring skills and versatility as a dancer. He was also an All Star for Season 14 and chose Koine, what a great partnership. Marko is an awesome dancer but we're down to it and I think the remaining people nominated beat him out. I think he deserved to make it this far in the rankdown.

Save: Sasha