Voice Trivia

QueenMae16

Other random trivia related to auditions:
S23 was the second season in a row where the 2nd audition aired finished in 4th place (Omar S22, Sorelle S23)

S23 is the only season where both members of the top 2 had their auditions aired in the last week. Grace is also the third finalist EVER to have her audition aired in the last episode (After Dia Frampton and Chris Blue)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

In Season 21, during the top 10 instant save, all artists were originally team Kelly. Holly Forbes, Jershika Maple, and Jeremy Rosado.

And in Season 22, 3 of Blakes original artists competed for the wildcard. Kate Kalvach, Bryce Leatherwood, and Kevin Hawkins.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

With Bryan/Nathan, Tae/L, and Maddi/Nadege all making the Top 12, is this the most Battle partners we’ve had make the Top 12 together?

• Like 4

The list of AI11 alumni that make it on this show continues to grow even over a decade after the season aired

-Jeremy Rosado

-Mitchell Lee

-Josh Sanders

-Jordan Matthew Young

-Devan Blake Jones

Also shoutout to AI14 for featuring

- N*IVAS

- Hannah Mrozak

- Tymira-Joi

- Karly Moreno

- Huntley

-Josh Sanders again

I always find it interesting how much these shows cross over, feels like every season there's 2 or 3 people who were on Idol, didn't get aired, & then switched over to The Voice years later & made it far.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, indii said:

The list of AI11 alumni that make it on this show continues to grow even over a decade after the season aired

-Jeremy Rosado

-Mitchell Lee

-Josh Sanders

-Jordan Matthew Young

-Devan Blake Jones

Also shoutout to AI14 for featuring

- N*IVAS

- Hannah Mrozak

- Tymira-Joi

- Karly Moreno

- Huntley

-Josh Sanders again

I always find it interesting how much these shows cross over, feels like every season there's 2 or 3 people who were on Idol, didn't get aired, & then switched over to The Voice years later & made it far.

but also people on the voice pretty frequently make it to the AI lives, and even pretty deep into it. we, megan, iirc maddie was a no-chair (?)...

13 minutes ago, allistr said:

Maddi Jane - first person to get a PV after doing a Billie Eilish song?

Include Serenity for Olivia Rodrigo, such miracles were made tonight.

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, allistr said:

Maddi Jane - first person to get a PV after doing a Billie Eilish song?

This is honestly such a wild stat that I had to look back and make sure. :haha:

• Haha 3

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time John has had a majority of males in his remaining top 2/3. 

John is usually waffle friendly as he actually has had majority of women 2-1 or the very least 1-1 before Finale. 

His finalists have been even though up to this season.

16 - Maelyn(F)

17 - Katie(F)

18 - Cammwess(M)

19 - John Holiday(M)

20 - Victor(M)

21 - Jershika(F)

22 - Omar(M)

24 - Lila(F)

I just got bored and thought about this lmao.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time John has had a majority of males in his remaining top 2/3. 

John is usually waffle friendly as he actually has had majority of women 2-1 or the very least 1-1 before Finale. 

His finalists have been even though up to this season.

16 - Maelyn(F)

17 - Katie(F)

18 - Cammwess(M)

19 - John Holiday(M)

20 - Victor(M)

21 - Jershika(F)

22 - Omar(M)

24 - Lila(F)

I just got bored and thought about this lmao.

Iconic that he has never had a white man as a finalist.

Posted (edited)

Season 25 is the first since S14 in which none of the 4-chair turns make the finals. Which contrast the previous season, where all finalists are 4-chair turns.

Edited by Kenneth96

-Bryan Olesen, at 50, is the oldest male finalist in Voice history and second oldest period, behind Wendy Moten at 57.

-S25 is the first season since S18 to have NO teenagers in the finals. Nathan Chester, at 28, is the youngest finalist this season.

-S25 is also the first season since S14 to only have 2 and 3 chair turns in the finale.

-Bryan Olesen and Nathan Chester are the first battle pair to ever make the finale together.

Also S24 and S25 has some polar opposite finals stats lol.

S24: 1 male, 4 female, all 4 chairs

S25: 1 female, 4 male, no 4 chairs

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Is this the first time someone who has dared to sing "I Will Always Love You" has actually won the show?

Also, I apologize if someone pointed this out already, but all of Asher's songs were by women except for one (or kinda two if you count Michael McDonald singing "On My Own" as a duet with Patti LaBelle). I think that's a first, especially for a man (and especially for a winner)!

• Audition: Adele - "Set Fire to the Rain"
  • Battle: Tina Turner - "We Don't Need Another Hero"
  • Knockout: Toni Braxton - "Unbreak My Heart"
  • Playoffs: Sia - "Titanium" (technically a David Guetta song, but Sia was the vocalist)
  • Quarterfinals: Boyz II Men - "I'll Make Love to You"
  • Semifinals: Beyoncé - "Irreplaceable" (not counting the Coldplay trio performance)
  • Finale: [1] Donna Summer - "Last Dance" [2] Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston - "I Will Always Love You" [3] Patti LaBelle/Michael McDonald - "On My Own"
Edited by Bouli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Asher HaVon is the fifth African American male to win The Voice, as well as the first openly LGBT winner (Cam and Sawyer are also LGBT but it was entirely unmentioned during their time on the show). Asher is also the sixth 3-chair turn winner.

Dan & Shay are the first coaches to wipe out at 5th place in their debut season (going off the idea of Shakira with Sasha and Jennifer with Noah being in theory only, even though Noah was probably fifth anyways; it's just easier to mention this for consistency lol. Don't even feel like calculating the wild card BS from S7 even though Gwen was probably fifth with Taylor anyway).

S25 marked the first all male top 4 since S7, and the second all male top 4 period.

And to top it off... S25 marked John's first time where his team placed second overall... with Bryan. And it was his first top 3 finish since Katie Kadan in S17. He still has not had a contestant reach top 2 since Maelyn in his debut season.

Edit that I wanted to add and forgot: Asher's the first winner who got the final PV in semis. I don't think it matters anymore lol.

Edited by MatthewPalermo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bouli said:

Is this the first time someone who has dared to sing "I Will Always Love You" has actually won the show?

Also, I apologize if someone pointed this out already, but all of Asher's songs were by women except for one (or kinda two if you count Michael McDonald singing "On My Own" as a duet with Patti LaBelle). I think that's a first, especially for a man (and especially for a winner)!

• Audition: Adele - "Set Fire to the Rain"
  • Battle: Tina Turner - "We Don't Need Another Hero"
  • Knockout: Toni Braxton - "Unbreak My Heart"
  • Playoffs: Sia - "Titanium" (technically a David Guetta song, but Sia was the vocalist)
  • Quarterfinals: Boyz II Men - "I'll Make Love to You"
  • Semifinals: Beyoncé - "Irreplaceable" (not counting the Coldplay trio performance)
  • Finale: [1] Donna Summer - "Last Dance" [2] Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston - "I Will Always Love You" [3] Patti LaBelle/Michael McDonald - "On My Own"

Unfortunately the closest thing we’ll ever get to an AA female winner is Asher

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Unfortunately the closest thing we’ll ever get to an AA female winner is Asher

Next to Tessanee Chin.

Now I'm praying that an AA female powerhouse from Team Reba is gonna go far. But seeing her doing Crystal and Elyscia (not rlly a ph i know) dirty made me rethink about her choices at times. Ms. Monet is incredible, but she was mostly given song choices that weren't for her.

Edited by allistr