Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

lol these shows are really reaching now. She's definteley not a struggling musical theatre artist..I mean she's sung with David Foster.

It would be like a moderately successful pop star from recently like Alessia Cara auditioning.

2 hours ago, sneaky said:

lol these shows are really reaching now. She's definteley not a struggling musical theatre artist..I mean she's sung with David Foster.

It would be like a moderately successful pop star from recently like Alessia Cara auditioning.

Except that Loren has never had a record deal and Alessia Cara has. 

Of course, there’s no reason Simon and SYCO couldn’t have signed her.

Edited by AngelaKD

3 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

SHE GOT AMANDA"S GOLDEN BUZZER

I'm the only one that is happy for her?? I mean, she was montaged twice in The Voice only to be eliminated at Playoffs. Then, yes, she got the chance of sing a song for a succesful musical movie, but she didn't even appeared on the movie! Of course, she got some fame for it but not that much, let's be honest. This is finally her moment to shine for herself, this is her real chance at spotlight.  

I'm lowkey happy that she decided to sing "Never Enough". It was like saying to the world "Listen to me, i'm the singer behind the song, but this time, i'm not hiding behind the scenes, because this is my moment". It was a very powerful move, if you ask me. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm the only one that is happy for her?? I mean, she was montaged twice in The Voice only to be eliminated at Playoffs. Then, yes, she got the chance of sing a song for a succesful musical movie, but she didn't even appeared on the movie! Of course, she got some fame for it but not that much, let's be honest. This is finally her moment to shine for herself, this is her real chance at spotlight.  

I'm lowkey happy that she decided to sing "Never Enough". It was like saying to the world "Listen to me, i'm the singer behind the song, but this time, i'm not hiding behind the scenes, because this is my moment". It was a very powerful move, if you ask me. 

For me, it’s just sadness that she still has to go this route. She’s talked about really not enjoying being on the Voice because she didn’t feel she could be herself. I can’t imagine that things are somehow better in that regard on BGT.

Simon Cowell was obsessed with The Greatest Showman, so I can only hope that he has plans for Loren regardless of it goes here and he asked her to do BGT to gin up some press.

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

this. 

19 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

430 Million Spotify streams is pretty good, though. 

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Any song with 400+ million streams is definitely a "hit"

Ok, it's a hit. 

She is definitely a "One hit wonder" then. Outside that song, none of her work has reached even a minimal fraction of that success. And it has already been four years since it was released. 

I wanted to point this out because there are people (not here, but in other sites) saying that she doesn't deserve this opportunity because she is already "famous". I mean, if she is no signed to a label, what is she supposed to do?? She saw the chance and took it. And i'm tired of people acting like these shows are only for "amateurs". If that was the case, we would be stuck with a lot of mediocre auditions.

• Like 2

This is a surprise release from Kenzie Wheeler: 

An original song titled "Always At Home" is now out (I think this is an original -- please correct me if I'm wrong).

Not a single peep from Kenzie about this release though. His "Strawberry Wine" cover got removed from streaming platforms so I have no idea if this will be the same case here later on.

Edited by Gmm99

Good Job to the ex Voice alumns remaining. Seems like Allegra finally had her time to shine, and she did great. (I would have liked a little less embellishments on a song like that one, but still, killer tone)

Mike had some pitch issues, but overall did a good Job as well, and seems like he knows the artist he wants to be, which is great as well.

Mike made it to the top 10 of American Idol! He wanted to highlight racism in country music, so guess what he sang?

“Chasin’ You” by Morgan Wallen

On that note, Morgan Wallen had his song sung on Ameeican Idol. Also, Mike has a great voice but he needs to sing more ballads and meaningful country. He had the opportunity to sing “I Swear” by instead chose that damn Morgan Wallen song.

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2022 at 10:06 PM, Anybody354 said:

Mike made it to the top 10 of American Idol! He wanted to highlight racism in country music, so guess what he sang?

“Chasin’ You” by Morgan Wallen

On that note, Morgan Wallen had his song sung on Ameeican Idol. Also, Mike has a great voice but he needs to sing more ballads and meaningful country. He had the opportunity to sing “I Swear” by instead chose that damn Morgan Wallen song.

This interpretation of what happened is a bit twisted. Mike never stated that he wanted his performance to highlight racism in country music. In the pre-performance segment, he mentioned that he liked the fact that LUKE had acknowledged racism in the community (I honestly don’t know of any notable contributions Luke did tbh, but that’s a discussion for another day.) I think the irony comes from “Chasin' You” being the song Luke selected for Mike.