Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

58 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

This interpretation of what happened is a bit twisted. Mike never stated that he wanted his performance to highlight racism in country music. In the pre-performance segment, he mentioned that he liked the fact that LUKE had acknowledged racism in the community (I honestly don’t know of any notable contributions Luke did tbh, but that’s a discussion for another day.) I think the irony comes from “Chasin' You” being the song Luke selected for Mike. 

I agree. That being said, I still found it ironic because Luke and Mike want to highlight racism in country music, but Luke picked that song and Mike picked that song over the other two options. 

As for Luke’s contributions, I know he has shown support for Black Lives Matter.

10 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

As for Luke’s contributions, I know he has shown support for Black Lives Matter

That's generally like, the bare minimun; but if you are a country singer, it's actually kind of brave, because, you know, the country fans are not exactly the most open-minded audience, especially when it comes to these topics. 

Don't misunderstood me, it's still the bare minimun but most country singers won't even do that because they are aware of how their audience thinks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

That's generally like, the bare minimun; but if you are a country singer, it's actually kind of brave, because, you know, the country fans are not exactly the most open-minded audience, especially when it comes to these topics. 

Don't misunderstood me, it's still the bare minimun but most country singers won't even do that because they are aware of how their audience thinks

Yeah, that’s what makes me respect them more. That’s also why I am optimistic country music and culture can change for the better. When country singers set an example, others may follow. And when more liberal people begin consuming country music, country culture will hopefully become more accepting.

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

This season’s Voice of Finland features two songs by Voice alums, Melanie Martinez and Jamie Miller (from the Voice UK):

Also, a contestant from The Voice Kids Vlandeeren sang a song by Koryn Hawthorne 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

That's so cool! 

I mean, there is also Jamie Miller, right??

Jamie is still a developing artist. Becky is now considered a pop star in the UK. She just won a Brit Award and her songs chart fairly regularly on the UK equivalent of the Hot 100.

• Thanks 1

Sara Collins (The Voice season 18, Team Kelly—eliminated in the battle round) has several performances scheduled at Ole Red Gatlinburg:

Thursday, May 26 11:00-3:00

Friday, May 27 4:00-8:00

Thursday, June 9 11:00-3:00

Friday, June 17 4:00-8:00

Thursday, June 23 4:00-8:00

Thursday, June 30 9:00-midnight

https://olered.com/gatlinburg/calendar

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

Chevel confirmed she’s part of the cast of “Vengeance,” will will be in theaters beginning on July 29th. It was filmed in 2020, but was delayed a couple times because of Covid. 

BJ Novak, Dove Cameron, Ashton Kutcher, Issa Rae are the bigger names. Novak is the director. 

Here’s the trailer, which was just released a couple days ago. Chevel does not appear in the trailer, and I’m not sure what her role is in the movie. 

—-

She has another movie scheduled to come out later in the summer as well. She’s in the lead role in that one. I’ll hold off on talking about that one until it’s more official, because it’s been delayed a few times already. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alexa Cappelli from Season 14 just signed with Arista Records. I mentioned in the TikTok thread that she had a video go viral, it currently has  15 million views. But more importantly that attention led to her music in general streaming at a lot higher rate. I don't know if what role the viral moment had in her getting signed, if any, but I'd imagine it had to have at least made her more attractive to them. The song in the TikTok post, "Could've Left Me Alone" drops this Friday 5/27.

When Alexa was on The Voice she had just turned 18. I know there are some on here that love to dump on the teens on the show, but from what I've observed a lot of them have a lot of maturity, work ethic, and drive to succeed that's really important to have to be able to "make it" in this business.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd_5B8dAE6A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 4

Spotify House at Ole Red Nashville June 9-12

https://www.billboard.com/music/country/cma-fest-2022-spotify-house-lineup-1235074963

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2022-05-26/spotify-house-and-hot-country-return-to-nashville-for-this-years-cma-fest

There are several singing show contestants among the performers:

Ashland Craft - Team Miley season 13

Corey Kent - Team Blake season 8
Dalton Dover - Team Blake season 16
Danielle Bradbery - Team Blake season 4 winner

Kameron Marlowe - Team Blake / stolen by Adam in KO season 15

Mickey Guyton - American Idol season 8

Restless Road - X Factor season 3

Edited by RTV
  • Like 2

Season 6 was full of sentimental favorites who have become iconic in voice history

Someone who kind of got lost in shuffle that season but is doing big things right now-Dani Moz

Not necessarily a solo artist but doing pretty big things in the music industry 

Shes actually been back on the Voice to do backing vocals. She did backing vocals for Lana and Wendy this past season as well as backing for John Legends guest performances on the show. 

In addition she’s one of Miley and Pinks backing vocalists. Most recently she was on Mileys South America tour and provided background her live album As well as performing on Miley’s NBC new year special with Brandi Carlisle and is now doing festivals with Pink. She’s also performed for Jessie J, Steven Tyler,  Kealla Settle on The Ellen Show and Cynthia Erivo at The Oscars 

Dani is also the House Band Vocalist on Don’t Forgot The Lyrics which is airing on Fox right now !!

We love it when Voice artists find lots of opportunities post show !! 

• Like 5