S17 Social Media Stats

TeamAudra

Yeah I feel like Spensha Baker is a more fitting example. There was literally no indication that she was popular enough to get the public vote

Yep, she’s another one. She had two chances to sing for the PV in the playoffs and still needed Blake’s save. Her social media numbers were in the middle every week until the bloodbath, when she had top 3 numbers, and edged out Britton. I think IDF unanimously had Britton getting to the finale via PV all season. Most of us actually thought he was going to win.

Edited by TeamAudra

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Aliyah Moulden in Season 12? They had her perform in early slots from Top 12 to Top 10. Then she closed the Top 8 show and got the PV into the Finale.

:yes: People tend to underestimate the true support of AA contestants.

Facebook stats 10 hours post-show

View/Like Ratio

Jake 19.07

Ricky 19.56

Katie 19.64

Rose 23.22

Will 27.93

Kat 33.68

Hello Sunday 37.50

Marybeth 38.15

Shane 38.82

Joana 46.52

iTunes and FB Like Ratio are the only 2 stats that got 100% correct this week.

Edited by season1

FB did it again. Isn't it a first for itunes this season?

So sad that we lost all the previous itunes and SM stats :(

Its the first time for iTunes to correctly predict the B3.

In the top 13, only Joana was on iTunes B3 while Cali was ranked 7th and Max was 10th.

In the top 11, only Shane was on iTunes B2, while Myracle was ranked 8th.

Yep, she’s another one. She had two chances to sing for the PV in the playoffs and still needed Blake’s save. Her social media numbers were in the middle every week until the bloodbath, when she had top 3 numbers, and edged out Britton. I think IDF unanimously had Britton getting to the finale via PV all season. Most of us actually thought he was going to win.

Ok I'd like to point out that I said I thought Spensha had a real shot at PV :haha:

Ok I'd like to point out that I said I thought Spensha had a real shot at PV :haha:

She only lucked into it due to her duet with Kyla giving her a HUGE boost. Without it, I'm pretty sure that she would've had to sing for the final save.

She only lucked into it due to her duet with Kyla giving her a HUGE boost. Without it, I'm pretty sure that she would've had to sing for the final save.

I don't disagree. I think if the season had ended at semis, Kyla would have won, and Spensha would have been in third. I think Kyla's support with casual voters was massive at that point. She subsequently got freight trained in the finale but :whistling:

I don't disagree. I think if the season had ended at semis, Kyla would have won, and Spensha would have been in third. I think Kyla's support with casual voters was massive at that point. She subsequently got freight trained in the finale but :whistling:

She also got hit with the worst finale bus I can think of on this show

“Prediction: So far this season, my predictions have been way off. But let’s try this again! Shane Q, Joana Martinez and…Marybeth Byrd will hit the Bottom 3. Marybeth will win the Instant Save, Shane and Joana will head home.” - MJ’s Big Blog

Good work MJ, of course her poll didn’t point to this however

Edited by Agenator333

I did too, but only after we had numbers to look at following the bloodbath performances. Up until that week, she had been middling.

:yes: I remember us having a discussion about it at the time. From t11 to t10, Spensha had seen a minor jump from middling to upper middling, and then post blood-bath she had suddenly entered the top three in a number of metrics along with her duet with Kyla, who was leading social media that week. It suddenly seemed like a very real possibility she could snag a PV. That said, I really liked Spensha, so I was worried it was just optimism sneaking it. In retrospect, I think what happened was that Blake’s country supporters had grown weary of Pryor and Spensha felt like a more believable country singer than Keisha did. Kyla and Spensha were also clearly Blake’s two favorites. I remember him taking veiled swipes at Pryor after his performances by saying how he “loved” Pryor’s “screaming” (Screaming! :dead: ) Blake signaled hard for Spensha and I think it honestly worked.

:yes: I remember us having a discussion about it at the time. From t11 to t10, Spensha had seen a minor jump from middling to upper middling, and then post blood-bath she had suddenly entered the top three in a number of metrics along with her duet with Kyla, who was leading social media that week. It suddenly seemed like a very real possibility she could snag a PV. That said, I really liked Spensha, so I was worried it was just optimism sneaking it. In retrospect, I think what happened was that Blake’s country supporters had grown weary of Pryor and Spensha felt like a more believable country singer than Keisha did. Kyla and Spensha were also clearly Blake’s two favorites. I remember him taking veiled swipes at Pryor after his performances by saying how he “loved” Pryor’s “screaming” (Screaming! :dead: ) Blake signaled hard for Spensha and I think it honestly worked.

All Team Blake contestants who make it to the bloodbath have to be taken seriously, regardless of what the numbers show.

Fun fact:

This is Kelly’s 4th season. In the previous three, she has had a total of two finalists. In those same three seasons, Blake has had seven!

All Team Blake contestants who make it to the bloodbath have to be taken seriously, regardless of what the numbers show.

Fun fact:

This is Kelly’s 4th season. In the previous three, she has had a total of two finalists. In those same three seasons, Blake has had seven!

Such a (true) statement normally scares the hell out of me in any given season, but this season, it makes me feel better about Ricky's chances. :whistling:

The buses next week should be particularly colorful....

Meh. I am not taking Kat seriously since I see her being like another TSoul, Keisha, or Kim -- way too polarizing to get past the bloodbath.

Meh. I am not taking Kat seriously since I see her being like another TSoul, Keisha, or Kim -- way too polarizing to get past the bloodbath.

At the moment, I don’t think she’s making the finale, but she’s not nearly as polarizing as any of those three, and I would argue she has a stronger fanbase. Chloe was more polarizing that Kat and won. Do you think Kyla wasn’t polarizing? Even Chevel and Brynn were polarizing to an extent. Alisan? Sawyer? If viewers don’t have a strong opinion about a contestant one way or another, they probably have no shot.

Edited by TeamAudra

At the moment, I don’t think she’s making the finale, but she’s not nearly as polarizing as any of those three, and I would argue she has a stronger fanbase. Chloe was more polarizing that Kat and won. Do you think Kyla wasn’t polarizing? Even Chevel and Brynn were polarizing to an extent. Alisan? Sawyer? If viewers don’t have a strong opinion about a contestant one way or another, they probably have no shot.

polarizing is either all in or all out - most of those have a lot of the audience at 50/50 then finally jumping aboard when their other faves didn't make the cut

also, sawyer and alisan were literally declared winners since their leaked blinds lol...

Bloodbath to finale conversion rate by coach.

These aren't social media stats, but it shows how dominant Blake has been in the bloodbath era. These numbers are for S9 through S16.

Blake:

Blake has had 22 contestants reach the bloodbath round. 13 have advanced via public vote, and 2 won the Instant save.

PV: 13/22, 59.1%

Finalist: 15/22, 68.2%

In those 8 seasons, there have been 32 finalists. Almost 1/2 of them were on Team Blake. Somehow, he’s only managed to win two of those seasons.

John:

PV: 1/1, 100%

Finalist: 1/1, 100%

Alicia:

PV: 2/6, 33%

Finalist: 3/6, 50%

Pharrell:

PV: 1/2, 50%

Finalist: 1/2, 50%

Christina:

PV: 1/2, 50%

Finalist: 1/2, 50%

Adam:

PV: 4/13, 30.1%

Finalist: 6/13, 46.2%

Kelly:

PV: 2/6, 33%

Finalist: 2/6, 33%

Miley

PV: 1/3, 33%

Finalist: 33%

Jennifer:

PV: 0/4, 0%

Finalist: 1/4, 25%

Gwen:

PV: 0/4, 0%

Finalist: 1/4, 25%

Edited by TeamAudra

So the chances of Blake having at least 1 PV look pretty good. But this is yet another season he has zero chance of winning. And I'm saying that as a Ricky fan. Just my luck when I finally have a top fav on TB after 17 seasons... :ermm:

Also shows that Blake's army has lost some steam compared to the early seasons when they single-handedly could crown anyone they really rallied behind.

Another amazing stat...

In those 8 bloodbath seasons, Blake has had 27 contestants make the Top 12/13 (3 per season for S9-S15, and 6 for S16). 22/27 have made it to the bloodbath, and 15/27 made the finale. So, if contestant makes the T13 on Blake's team, they have a 81% chance of making it to the bloodbath, and a 55.5% chance of making the finale.

Edited by TeamAudra