S17 Social Media Stats

TeamAudra

1. Jakes country

2. They’re are pretty good singers that could challenge her either technically (Rose, Myracle),

3 Or maybe tone preference or team Blake will win. over the technically best (Ricky, Kat)

Jake is one who has been exposed imo. If there wasn't a vocal beast like Katie this season, then that might not matter...but I don't think he can catch her as it stands now.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose someone could have a perfectly timed crying moment, coupled with a few disastrous song choices for Katie, but that doesn’t seem likely. And I guess it’s not unthinkable that Katie could have an off night in the finale, like Kyla did. I don’t think Kyla was in the lead heading into the finale anyway. If she was, it was likely razor thin. She wasn’t even top 2 in votes. These things are usually decided before the finale.

Edited by TeamAudra

And I guess it’s not unthinkable that Katie could have an off night in the finale, like Kyla did. I don’t think Kyla was in the lead heading into the finale anyway. If she was, it was likely razor thin. She wasn’t even top 2 in votes. These things are usually decided before the finale.

It was very surprising to see Kyla getting trough while Britton had to sing for the IS and the fact that he would go on to outlast her just shows you what three 'bus based' awful song choices can do for you as a contestant. Anyways Kyla didn't want to win, she's glad that she didn't won.

I prefer Rose to Katie (but...) and Katie has been letting me down since PO's but still prefer a Katie win than a Hoot for sure.

Edited by fredcr123

As if we needed more data to see where this is headed...

T11 Youtube views:

Katie 132K

Kat 62K

Joana 61K

Shane 55K

Hello Sunday 22K

Rose 20K

Myracle 17K

Marybeth 17K

Will 16K

Jake 14K

Ricky 13K

Those are some pathetic numbers, overall.

Pathetic numbers for what turns out to be yet another pathetic season. Ooops... #unpop

T11 Youtube views:

Katie 132K

Kat 62K

Joana 61K

Shane 55K

Hello Sunday 22K

Rose 20K

Myracle 17K

Marybeth 17K

Will 16K

Jake 14K

Ricky 13K

They're usually not this low. I feel like the fact that they were uploaded so late partly contributed to the low numbers. You wouldn't think Rose's numbers on Youtube would be so low.

T11 Youtube views:

Katie 132K

Kat 62K

Joana 61K

Shane 55K

Hello Sunday 22K

Rose 20K

Myracle 17K

Marybeth 17K

Will 16K

Jake 14K

Ricky 13K

Yeah, I gave up last night and ended up watching them on Twitter this morning. Still not up outside the US.

Joana getting a higher number than Shane tells me she’s potentially safe this week, or at least that Shane isn’t avoiding the bottom this week.

lol no, it's not like people outside of US can vote (and even if some of them can it won't be enough to make a difference)

probably some dumb intern forgot to geoblock the rest

But it does help inflate their numbers and buzz if they indeed are TPTB's preferred finalists

UPDATED S17 Top 11 YouTube Score Ranking (Updated 11 am, pacific, Tuesday 11/26/19)

IMPORTANT: It appears that apart from Katie, Kat, Joana and Shane's videos, ALL OTHERS have been geo-locked, and remain so as of 12 noon, pacific, Tuesday 11/26/19. This would account for the total views disparity between the two sets.

Scoring: The score is derived by turning the likes to dislikes ratio for each performance into a percentage. The premise is that when viewers/listeners click like or dislike, it's akin to casting a vote. I reckon it'll be interesting to see how this correlates to the actual official vote. These scores were taken at approximately 11:30 pm (Pacific), 11/25/19. I'll update them again and reassess the ranking at approximately 11 am (Pacific), 11/26/19. Note that scores are most in flux during the first 24 hours or so of respective videos being posted, but after that they do tend to stabilize (the larger the sample size, the better). The videos most recently posted will be the most volatile in terms of scoring. Videos with lower scores tend to experience more flux compared to those at the higher end.

Margin of Error: The main purpose of this score is to measure YouTube viewers' collective assessment of artists' performance videos. The main focus is on the performative. Since, however, viewers do not vote solely on a performance assessment of an artist, which in and of itself is subjective, the score isn't reliable as a predictive indicator. To make the score more useful predictively, a margin of error of +/- 3.1% has been assessed, based on results from Top 13 week.

1. Katie Kadan "Without You" 97.48% (5,951|154//129.059)

2. Myracle Holloway "Everyone Hurts" 96.42% (485|18//17,414)

3. Rose Short "Maybe I'm Amazed" 96.01% (769|32//20,365)

--------------------------------------------------------

4. Jake Hoot "Every Light in the House" 95.86% (486|21//14,244*)

5. Ricky Duran "Downtown Train" 95.73% (404|18//13,636*)

6. Joana Martinez "Dreaming of You" 95.71% (1,541|69//59,856)

7. Kat Hammock "I'll Fly Away" 94.05% (1,817|115//61,037)

8. Marybeth Byrd "Stars" 93.69% (475|32//17,585)

--------------------------------------------------------

9. Will Breman "Light My Fire" 89.18% (445|54//16,588)

10. Hello Sunday "The Middle" 85.13% (521|91//22,742)

11. Shane Q "Mercy" 82.59% (1,162|245//55,272)

* Denotes late posting (Ricky and Jake's clips were posted a few hours after the others. On the other hand, Katie, Kat, Joana and Shane's clips were posted at least an hour before the rest.)

UPDATED Notes: The biggest overnight change was a +2.7% rally by Shane Q, but he remains firmly rooted in the bottom 3 and, perhaps more importantly, on the wrong side of the margin of error. If the M/E holds, all signs are he's a lock for the IS. Hello Sunday would be odds-on favorites to join him, with Will also in the dire danger zone. Both HS and Will rallied around +0.5/+0.6 overnight, which was less than I expected. The silver lining for Will fans is that he remains within the margin of error for potentially overtaking positions 7-8, and thus escaping to safety. If the IS is a bottom 2 (not 3), HS could potentially overtake Will though, and vault to safety. At the top, Katie and Myracle made modest gains, and Rose/Ricky dropped 0.3/0.4% respectively. That means Myracle rises to second, Rose drops to third and Ricky drops out of the Top 4 because The Hoot made an impressive 1% gain overnight. Based on the margin of error, everyone from position 2-8 could still be in danger, IF the IS is a bottom 3. If it's a bottom 2 IS, everyone in those positions could probably breathe a sigh of relief, especially Marybeth (who did in fact rally +1.69% overnight) and Kat.

Original Notes: There's lightly less than 1.12% separating positions 1-4, and a mere 0.79% separating the Top 4 scores from the best of the rest of the pack, so this suggests a lot of possible movement among the Top 5-6 places. 3.35% separates #8 from the Bottom 3 (9-11), and based on current scores, it appears likely Hello Sunday and Shane Q should remain the bottom 2 overnight.

For comparison's sake, the top YouTube score out of all performances (blinds to present) by contestants who made the Top 20 is 99.09% (Rose Short "Big White Room" - Knockout round performance). The lowest score is 62.79% for Cali Wilson's Top 20 performance of "Toxic".

Last week's scores

Edited by dirActing

If Hoot gets the bonus again tonight, then his chances of winning this season increase dramatically.
Only if Katie doesn't get one. For all we know they could both get it.

Or only Katie will this time. We've seen that movie before, not too long ago. The first bonus going to a contestant, then their rival fanbase working hard and overtaking them the following week.

Everyone but Katie, Joana, Shane & Kat is geoblocked outside of US

These were the first four videos posted (probably also the first four performers of the night?). So probably nothing sinister, other than an intern error. The first four were posted correctly. Then someone either accidentally geolocked all the subsequent videos, or forgot to deselect geolock.

Final Poll Results

MJs

1. Kat Hammock - Team Blake Shelton - I'll Fly Away - 37.24%

2. Jake Hoot - Team Kelly Clarkson - Every Light in the House - 26.39%

3. Katie Kadan - Team John Legend - Without You - 12.15%

4. Rose Short - Team Gwen Stefani - Maybe I'm Amazed - 7.55%

5. Ricky Duran - Team Blake Shelton - Downtown Train - 6.94%

6. Marybeth Byrd - Team John Legend - Stars - 2.78%

7. Will Breman - Team John Legend - Light My Fire - 2.52%

8. Myracle Holloway - Team Gwen Stefani - Everybody Hurts - 1.56%

9. Hello Sunday - Team Kelly Clarkson - The Middle - 1.22%

10. Shane Q - Team Kelly Clarkson - Mercy - 0.87%