S17 Social Media Stats

TeamAudra

are y'all saying kat will either get pv or beat rose in IS?? :roll:

Not necessarily, but I’m seeing people flirting with the idea of Rose getting a PV over Ricky. Blake not getting at least one PV is possible, I suppose, but it would be one of the biggest upsets in the show’s history, especially considering Gwen’s dismal track record. As for Kat, she’s at least more likely to get in over HS, Will, and MB. If she was on any other team? No way. Would anyone really be all that surprised if Blake got multiple contestants in the finale for the 6th season in a row

Honestly, I’m not convinced Hoot is a finale lock either.

Edited by TeamAudra

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like you are surprised :P

WhitegirlTeamBlake Vs BlackwomanTeamGwen

they're pretty even sm-wise, but i don't see a scenario where an indie artist beats a powerhouse in a save

Honestly, I’m not convinced Hoot is a finale lock either.

my theory is that they didn't name him this week's most streamed so tptb can send him to m3 (which he'll win anyways) to ensure katie/ricky/rose (especially rose) are in the finale - like someone mentioned marybeth being the best to take out joana/shawn, jake may be the best to take out hs/will

Edited by holinessss

my theory is that they didn't name him this week's most streamed so tptb can send him to m3 (which he'll win anyways) to ensure katie/ricky/rose (especially rose) are in the finale - like someone mentioned marybeth being the best to take out joana/shawn, jake may be the best to take out hs/will

That actually makes sense.

With the current scandal, NBC needs Rose to be in the finals. And getting the PV is the only sure way. I know people keep saying she'd win the IS against anybody, which she should, but I don't believe they're willing to take a chance. So yeah, this verrry suspicious omission this week re who won the bonus could be explained that way.

The only thing: Ricky and Jake would probably be interchangeable in that scenario.

That actually makes sense.

With the current scandal, NBC needs Rose to be in the finals. And getting the PV is the only sure way. I know people keep saying she'd win the IS against anybody, which she should, but I don't believe they're willing to take a chance. So yeah, this verrry suspicious omission this week re who won the bonus could be explained that way.

The only thing: Ricky and Jake would probably be interchangeable in that scenario.

TPTB is smart enough to know which one of those is easier to keep from getting PV. Much easier to bus the generic, one octave male country singer on Team Kelly, than it is to bus the far more versatile Ricky on Team Blake.

TPTB is smart enough to know which one of those is easier to keep from getting PV. Much easier to bus the generic, one octave male country singer on Team Kelly, than it is to bus the far more versatile Ricky on Team Blake.

Been thinking about it, and I don't believe they'd deliberately bus Kelly's top contestant and she'd be cool with that.

As for Ricky, he'd need a very popular country song, maybe southern rock, or something like Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms to cut into Jake's voting base.

And one last point: how many of those TB finalists were NOT from the South? Ricky is from the North-East. Could make a huge difference if the vast majority of Blake's finalists turn out to be from the South.

Jake is from NC, so his chances of getting the PV are pretty good.

And one last point: how many of those TB finalists were NOT from the South? Ricky is from the North-East. Could make a huge difference if the vast majority of Blake's finalists turn out to be from the South.

Jake is from NC, so his chances of getting the PV are pretty good.

But NC is North Carolina :P :teehee:

Edited by xfactor22

Everything from southern Virginia and south of that is considered the South. Thus, North Carolina is also a Southern state. So that would possibly help Jake.

I don’t see North Carolina being another New Mexico, Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Fort Wayne, Indiana, but it’s probably better than Texas, Florida, California or New York. Britton is from North Carolina. It has to be a state without much else going on and/or hasn’t had a successful singing show contestant. Otherwise, they don’t care. My state (Minnesota) doesn’t care. It gets one paragraph in the paper, and a mention on the NBC affiliate local news when someone makes the finale.

Edited by TeamAudra

There was a lot of talk about Carson not mentioning the most-streamed this week, but I'd like to point out that in the past couple seasons, it wasn't mentioned every single week either. Truthfully I think that it's being given way too much meaning on this forum. TPTB will do whatever they want regardless of one most-streamed mention.

Arkansas needs to rally around Marybeth some more there's nothing to do in that shitty state.

I think they supported Barrett Baber really well.

I don’t think there are many good states left untapped. If a state like Kentucky had a teen, female country singer, or something like that, they could do some damage. Iowa is another possibility.

My hunch is North Carolina doesn’t care much about Jake.

Edited by TeamAudra

My hunch is North Carolina doesn’t care much about Jake.

HOLY CRAP! After reading your post, I checked if there were some local articles about Hoot. And the first result that popped up was this one:

http://1057news.com/2019/12/04/18/30/20/ja...8-on-the-voice/

And guess what!!!!

"“THANK YALL SO MUCH! I am so thankful for all yall! Top 8!! Thank you to everyone who has voted and streamed! Yall truly are the best!! Love all yall!! Oh, and I just found out that yall were the highest streaming fan group for the 3rd week in a row!! Yall really are the best!”"

SO HE DID GET THE BONUS AGAIN. :dead:

HOLY CRAP! After reading your post, I checked if there were some local articles about Hoot. And the first result that popped up was this one:

And guess what!!!!

"“THANK YALL SO MUCH! I am so thankful for all yall! Top 8!! Thank you to everyone who has voted and streamed! Yall truly are the best!! Love all yall!! Oh, and I just found out that yall were the highest streaming fan group for the 3rd week in a row!! Yall really are the best!”"

Wow, good catch! He even posted it on FB, but none of us bothered to check.

There was a lot of talk about Carson not mentioning the most-streamed this week, but I'd like to point out that in the past couple seasons, it wasn't mentioned every single week either. Truthfully I think that it's being given way too much meaning on this forum. TPTB will do whatever they want regardless of one most-streamed mention.

I only remember it not being mentioned in any of the finales.

I'm in NC and this state used to support the Idol contestants a lot - Scotty McCreery (Idol S10 Winner), Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtry, Bucky Covington, Caleb Johnson (Idol S13 winner) among others - not only with votes but with local media coverage. The local support for Britton was also big -- every local media outlets have stories/reports about him almost daily. However, I didn't hear much about Jake. He must be in the northern part of the state and their local media do not reach our area (Raleigh and suburbs)

EDIT: Fantasia (Idol S3 winner) is also from NC.

Edited by season1

Wow, good catch! He even posted it on FB, but none of us bothered to check.

Sounds more and more like they didn't announce it bc he's running away with the competition and they're trying to keep some suspense alive. :ph34r:

I'm in NC and this state used to support the Idol contestants a lot - Scotty McCreery (Idol S10 Winner), Kellie Pickler, Chris Daughtry, Bucky Covington, Caleb Johnson (Idol S13 winner) among others - not only with votes but with local media coverage. The local support for Britton was also big -- every local media outlets have stories/reports about him almost daily. However, I didn't hear much about Jake. He must be in the northern part of the state and their local media does not reach out area (Raleigh and suburbs).

Dayum that's a lot of winners from NC! I knew about Britton's huge support. Sounds like they're still very invested in him. :thumbs:

Sounds more and more like they didn't announce it bc he's running away with the competition and they are trying to keep some suspense alive. :ph34r:

Dayum that's a lot of winners from NC! I knew about Britton's huge support. Sounds like they're still very invested in him. :thumbs:

I think 3 Idol winners (Fantasia, Scotty and Caleb) and although Pickler, Daughtry and Bucky didn't win Idol S5, they still have relatively successful post-show careers. Britton's hometown is not far from us (less than an hour). :D

I think 3 Idol winners (Fantasia, Scotty and Caleb) and although Pickler, Daughtry and Bucky didn't win Idol S5, they still have relatively successful post-show careers. Britton's hometown is not far from us (less than an hour). :D

OMG that's right lol! I keep thinking Daughtry won his season but he didn't. He who must not be named did. :wacko:

And guess what!!!!

So Jake really is gonna win this season huh...