The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Well done by Megan and CammWess! Easily their best performances thus far.

I think I’d have to lean Megan here, but John has a contender with CammWess now.

I can imagine that him stealing Camm had something to do with him being willing to let Thunderstorm go. Two different styles, but Camm gave a performance I would’ve expected from Thunderstorm.

I liked both of them. CamWess was objectively better imo but I like Piece by Piece as a song more which is probably influencing my decision of a slight edge to Megan. 3:40-3:42 for Meagan was not pretty though. It was so flat it took me out of the performance. I did like her simple change from "6 years" to "7 years." It made it feel more personal. But yeah, all feelings aside, CamWess was probably better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StormZone said:

Do we think CammWess is in John’s Top 3 after this performance? Or how does this live work this year (if we didn’t have the virus)? 

Top 2 from each team

PV - Probably Zan

Save - 100% Mandi Castillo

2 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

It's a very risky move to cover a Kelly song on a singing competition show because most of her songs are very difficult to sing because the recorded versions have so much range and Kelly fans tend to be very critical of people covering her songs. A lot of times when people do cover her song they end up being eliminated so some Kelly fans joke that singing her songs is basically the kiss of death. That said, I got to see Megan's performance live and it's definitely among the best covers I've seen done of Kelly's songs. The emotion was there, she came up with an interesting arrangement that was different from any way I've heard Kelly sing it. One of the things that was edited out of the coaches' comments was when Nick said something about how Megan clearly connected with the song Kelly mentioned that Megan actually changed the age in the lyrics to fit her own story. Megan mentioned during her commentary leading in to her Battle that she had reconnected with her father, hopefully that turns out better for her than it did for Kelly.

I was really annoyed at the way they edited Cam's performance, they cut to the coaches way too much. When I watched him it felt like he drew everyone in the audience to him and we got wrapped up in him giving a heartfelt performance, but all the cutting to the coaches really disrupted creating that feeling for the television audience. It really did him a disservice. Showing John that much wasn't necessary, it would be clear enough that he regretted letting him go by his comments afterward. I felt this Knockout was pretty dead even seeing it live, but if I just saw this version I'd lean towards Megan. 

Are you suggesting that Megan sounds better on the edited video than she did live, or that Cam sounded better live? Or, both?

Edited by TeamAudra

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They haven’t confirmed that it’s one PV plus coach save yet. 

True, and beyond that, I don’t think a Mandi save is 100%. I think if anything, John’s gonna try to push Zan through with a save if she doesn’t get the PV.

That being said, I feel the PV could come from anyone on his team at this rate tbh. Hard to predict. 

Can someone explain to me these

TPTB, PV etc all the acronyms u guys using. Thank you in Advance!

Btw is Mandi Castillo's KO performance good? Or just mediocre? I want to know how she beat Thunderstorm.

2 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

I expected more from CamWess’ performance it was pretty underwhelming to me. Boring Leak.

He's good but Christiana Danielle's Version is still my favorite.

13 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

Can someone explain to me these

TPTB, PV etc all the acronyms u guys using. Thank you in Advance!

Btw is Mandi Castillo's KO performance good? Or just mediocre? I want to know how she beat Thunderstorm.

TPTB = The Powers That Be (essentially the producers)

PV = Public’s Vote (voted through and advanced to the next round)

• Like 1

Joanna just said to be sure to tune in on Monday to the Voice

It could definitely mean nothing, but is it likely that the steals don’t air as they actually happened? Like that the producers edit the order? Does it happen often?

Because if they aired as they happened, Joanna vs Zan would definitely be the last knockout of the last episode

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

It could definitely mean nothing, but is it likely that the steals don’t air as they actually happened? Like that the producers edit the order? Does it happen often?

Because if they aired as they happened, Joanna vs Zan would definitely be the last knockout of the last episode

They should make it a sneak peak. Or Thunderstorm's gonna be sneak peaked 3x. Btw did they spoil a KO without a steal?

5 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

That looks to me like she’s saying her KO will be aired. They usually find out on Fridays. 

I’ve been checking social media. Twitter and IG seem split/undecided but most are praising both. Facebook are for the most part favoring CammWess over Megan. 👀 I’m sorta shocked by FB. They usually go for the young or 20-30 Caucasian females (if not for Country) 

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

By the way, this is how The Voice Switzerland handled their live finale in light of COVID:

God, I hope this isn't how the performances for The Voice US sounds. This is really bad.

Edited by indii
  • Like 1