The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Well, they did beat Blake's only country singer in votes, I bet their votes were among the top 5 overall last Tuesday.

Wouldn't be shocked. Lately the power of Blake's army is most formidable in the early voting rounds.

Last year they tried hardest, with 3 in the finals, but still couldn't give Blake a win. Maybe they'll succeed this season with 2.

he also called for his fans/country in general to vote gracee through WC... :whistling:

That's what I thought.

The only explanation I can come up with is that enough of his fans didn't realize it wasn't a twitter save. Wasn't Gracee leading the non-votes on twitter?

Wouldn't be shocked. Lately the power of Blake's army is most formidable in the early voting rounds.

Last year they tried hardest, with 3 in the finals, but still couldn't give Blake a win. Maybe they'll succeed this season with 2.

That's what I thought.

The only explanation I can come up with is that enough of his fans didn't realize it wasn't a twitter save. Wasn't Gracee leading the non-votes on twitter?

Even if it was a twitter save Blake usually didn’t win them before anyways

That's what I thought.

Hello Sunday was still leading iirc, so the outcome would not have changed. Correct me if Im wrong

:huh: Andrew won the IS last season.

The exception doesn't make the rule. Someone did a statistical analysis at one point, and going last is a massive advantage in the instant save. That's going to be even more true of a 4 person save with a commercial break.

Anything is possible, but unless Kat improves quite a bit, I can’t see her making it to the finale. Hopefully, it was just first live show jitters. I would pick really simple songs for her, and focus on getting her to stay on pitch as much as possible. She doesn’t have to blow everyone away with amazing vocals. She just needs to be competent.

While this is true the sam case can be made for everyone as nobody had a good night last night except for Katie

While this is true the sam case can be made for everyone as nobody had a good night last night except for Katie

Actually, the everyone else sucked too argument is very persuasive in this case!

I like Kat, I just don’t think performances like Monday’s would get her past the bloodbath, which if I was handicapping the top 13, is where I would slot her at the moment. Speaking of moments, she needs one.

I like Kat, I just don’t think performances like Monday’s would get her past the bloodbath, which if I was handicapping the top 13, is where I would slot her at the moment. Speaking of moments, she needs one.

What is meant by a "moment," anyway? A particular moment in a performance? Or an entire performance, in general?

Edited by Rodney

Lollll Blake has used it before with Aliyah Moulden I wouldn’t be opposed to him using it again

And Kyla Jade too

Aliyah's was completely unexpected and a good stroke of luck on her part. Kyla's was completely rehearsed, because that was when Keala Settle cried in her song, too.

Lol and both Kyla and Aliyah got 3rd :D

Although they were severely bussed for the TCO's so whatever.

Kyla was for sure bussed but Aliyah bussed? She should be lucky they pushed her into the top 3. Her sudden pimping from top 10 on was one of the most bizarre things in the shows history. Idk about Kat. She is not really a stand out but I can see her having a hidden base. Sorta like Emily Roberts. No one is really a stand out which is why we are having a hard time predicting this season. I feel like the causal voters will be really important this season.

Lol and both Kyla and Aliyah got 3rd :D

Although they were severely bussed for the TCO's so whatever.

Aliyah wasn't bussed. Sure she had horrible songs for the finale but they weren't doing that to stop her from beating anyone. She was NOT gonna beat Lauren or Chris lol

The Top 13 will perform live on November 18 on the first of the themed shows, “Dedications.” Each artist will pick a song that means something to them and sing it for someone special in their life

The contestants will pick their own songs for next week? or is that just a lie and the producers will pick the songs anyway? :haha:

Hopefully it means that there will be no absurd song choices next week

Honestly, just because the singers pick their songs doesn’t eliminate song choice possibilities for these following reasons:

1. They still may only be given a list of songs to choose from

2. Like in other seasons, a contestant may pick a bizarre song that definitely doesn’t have a dedication message but they think it does, or their interpretation what it means does

3. Even if they are not singing a song that’s totally out there, they may decide to pick a song that’s overdone as well as not a good fit for them (I half expect Hello Sunday or Shane Q to sing “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing”)

Honestly, just because the singers pick their songs doesn’t eliminate song choice possibilities for these following reasons:

2. Like in other seasons, a contestant may pick a bizarre song that definitely doesn’t have a dedication message but they think it does, or their interpretation what it means does

3. Even if they are not singing a song that’s totally out there, they may decide to pick a song that’s overdone as well as not a good fit for them (I half expect Hello Sunday or Shane Q to sing “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing”)

Yes, I know, even in the KO in which the contestants picked their own songs, there were some questionable song choices, but overall still much better than the PO song list.

Picking option 1. They'll come up with bs excuses at the last minute like they can't get the rights to the song in time. Ooops! No worries. Here are some already cleared songs for ya. You still have a few hours to rehearse.

Picking option 1. They'll come up with bs excuses at the last minute like they can't get the rights to the song in time. Ooops! No worries. Here are some already cleared songs for ya. You still have a few hours to rehearse.

I’m sure they’re given the list of cleared songs a week or two before.