The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Her battle song was country pop and she beat a more traditional country singer with it.

I’m not talking about straight up country like Loretta Lynn. I’m talking about country adjacent songs, like Jewel or Juice Newton.

I think she’s better off being herself. An actual country singer singing actual country songs didn’t make it, and I don’t think Cali would do better than Gracee with that group of voters.

I think she’s better off being herself. An actual country singer singing actual country songs didn’t make it, and I don’t think Cali would do better than Gracee with that group of voters.

Could also be Blakers are more likely to support a TB original over a save, but then Chloe comes to mind...

Could also be Blakers are more likely to support a TB original over a save, but then Chloe comes to mind...

Maybe, I’m just saying authenticity is important to hard core country music fans. They’d be more likely to vote for Ricky or Kat, singing songs that represent who they are, over someone pretending to be a country singer.

Can't say I am a 100% certain on this but I feel pretty confident that Gracee had more votes and support than Cali did. She definitely had more than Ricky B and was likely the third vote getter on the team. Blake was more loyal to an OG TB member over a new comer to his team.

Maybe, I’m just saying authenticity is important to hard core country music fans. They’d be more likely to vote for Ricky or Kat, singing songs that represent who they are, over someone pretending to be a country singer.

Yeah, and makes sense. Cali is doa anyway. I know TB contestants usually survive the 1st post-PO show, but I doubt she will, especially considering she keeps getting worse.

Can't say I am a 100% certain on this but I feel pretty confident that Gracee had more votes and support than Cali did. She definitely had more than Ricky B and was likely the third vote getter on the team. Blake was more loyal to an OG TB member over a new comer to his team.

I wonder if the coaches are given the results before the show. Could be she got more votes and Blake figured she had a better chance than Cali, and his army would save her. iirc, he did give marching orders for her, didn't he? Maybe they haven't found the app yet and were voting on twitter.

I mean they’re are country songs that could easily fit whoever Cali is. If Kat and Ricky sing country songs and won’t get seen as pretending to be country, then why would Cali be any different (aside from bigoted voters)

I wonder if the coaches are given the results before the show. Could be she got more votes and Blake figured she had a better chance than Cali, and his army would save her. iirc, he did give marching orders for her, didn't he? Maybe they haven't found the app yet and were voting on twitter.

It's either this he thought she was more popular and wanted 4 of his team to advance and thought Gracee had the best shot or equally as likely he's completely full of crap and just picked Cali because she was on his team first. As far as the app results hard to say but I do thinking going first hurt Gracee. It also didn't help that Kelly screamed like a lunatic over a flawed performance.

It's either this he thought she was more popular and wanted 4 of his team to advance and thought Gracee had the best shot or equally as likely he's completely full of crap and just picked Cali because she was on his team first. As far as the app results hard to say but I do thinking going first hurt Gracee. It also didn't help that Kelly screamed like a lunatic over a flawed performance.

:haha: Most embarrassing lies on live TV ever. But yeah, going first never helps.

But it also hurt Gracee (and Jake Haldenvang) that they had a COMMERCIAL BREAK after their performances. That gave them a severe disadvantage, and it gave Hello Sunday and Alex Guthrie a huge advantage. It wasn't just Kelly's excited reaction for her teammates; it was the timing, too.

But I also think Gracee played it a little safe when she couldn't afford to do that. "Landslide" was a really pretty performance. For what it's worth, I voted for her to get the save; I've always really liked her even though I'm not much of a country fan, and she had the best Instant Save performance to me. But my whole family found it boring in spite of me enjoying it. And Hello Sunday rose to the occasion. As flawed as the performance was as a whole, that one big note was what won it for them. They took a risk that sounded really impressive, when Gracee didn't, and Alex and Jake were mediocre at best so they were out of the running.

Overall, artists who took risks were rewarded, like Will Breman and Hello Sunday. Gracee and a few others, like Khalea for instance, were punished for not taking risks. Khalea (my snowflake this season) is another artist who needed to rise to the occasion and show what she could do, and she played it safe during the Playoffs. Look where that got her, losing to Alex Guthrie of all people.

Remember when everyone called Kat fodder, and now her trajectory pointing to atleast the finale :icecream: team Audras source was right about Kat surprising you all

Whut :dead: :dead: :dead: . There’s plenty of time for people to flop, especially her style :teehee: . The only one with a firm finale trajectory is Katie and Hoot (and probably Ricky). I can see Katie being in trouble with some song choices, but the 2 songs John chose for her (BR & PO) were a lot better than the ones she chose (BA & KO), so I think she’ll be fine

Edited by Survivor

Whut :dead: :dead: :dead: . There’s plenty of time for people to flop, especially her style :teehee: . The only one with a firm finale trajectory is Katie and Hoot (and probably Ricky). I can see Katie being in trouble with some song choices, but the 2 songs John chose for her (BR & PO) were a lot better than the ones she chose (BA & KO), so I think she’ll be fine

Shes topping every poll and has stellar social media scores plus the top 13 is very mediocre so she has plenty of too mess up. Plus Blake has gotten 2 members into the finale for a hot minute and we know Cali ain’t getting there

Shes topping every poll and has stellar social media scores plus the top 13 is very mediocre so she has plenty of too mess up. Plus Blake has gotten 2 members into the finale for a hot minute and we know Cali ain’t getting there

Don’t get complacent. That’s the attitude that gets many would-be finale getters in trouble. Kat’s not safe from that, especially if she’s gets bussed it stuck with a poor song choice. Kat isn’t safe from that. Honestly nobody’s safe or guaranteed a finale spot—not even Katie (who I predict will win but still), or hoot (country artist+top 13=idf panic and say he will win)

maybe kat will have an upward trajectory while cali will have a downhill trajectory, but right now they're pretty even (social-media wise)

Further upstream on this thread, people were speculating about Blake's call for support during the playoffs. He only told the "audience" to vote through two people: Kat and Ricky D. The rest he just praised.

That makes his CS decision even more puzzling then. Unless his "strategy" was fodder :huh:

ngl, I'm a bit surprised she's more popular than Katie and the Hoot, but looks like she's their biggest threat indeed and might even win the whole thing. :huh:

Would be a shocker to me if she beats either one, bc I was sure Minivan was all about Katie and Hoot for the ultimate prize, with Kat 3rd, but she's TB, and he's due for a win. If the army's determined she must win, anything's possible.

ngl, I'm a bit surprised she's more popular than Katie and the Hoot, but looks like she's their biggest threat indeed and might even win the whole thing. :huh:

Would be a shocker to me if she beats either one, bc I was sure Minivan was all about Katie and Hoot for the ultimate prize, with Kat 3rd, but she's TB, and he's due for a win. If the army's determined she must win, anything's possible.

She’s going to have to do better than what she did Monday night. A lot better.

Edited by TeamAudra

She’s going to have to do better than what she did Monday night. A lot better.

It's possible Blake will have both Ricky and Kat in the top 4 no matter what. We've seen that movie before.

I would've bet on Ricky over Kat, but looks like it'll be the other way around.

It's possible Blake will have both Ricky and Kat in the top 4 no matter what. We've seen that movie before.

I would've bet on Ricky over Kat, but looks like it'll be the other way around.

Anything is possible, but unless Kat improves quite a bit, I can’t see her making it to the finale. Hopefully, it was just first live show jitters. I would pick really simple songs for her, and focus on getting her to stay on pitch as much as possible. She doesn’t have to blow everyone away with amazing vocals. She just needs to be competent.

Edited by TeamAudra

That makes his CS decision even more puzzling then. Unless his "strategy" was fodder :huh:

I see two possibilities.

(1) As someone mentioned before, he thought Gracee would do well in the WC so he saved Cali.

(2) He did praise Cali for her attempt to put her own spin on a song, and she had done extremely well prior to that, so he was rewarding potential. That does seem to count for something to the judges.

Further upstream on this thread, people were speculating about Blake's call for support during the playoffs. He only told the "audience" to vote through two people: Kat and Ricky D. The rest he just praised.

he also called for his fans/country in general to vote gracee through WC... :whistling: