American Idol Season 23 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I just followed 4 members of the AI casting team. 3 of them follow Grace West. :P

I have zero expectations that she’ll be on the show, but I found that interesting.  

jIHvqqY.png

Hmm.. Usually contestants that make it far on one singing show don't make it as far in their next one.

But ig more exposure is never a bad thing if you have the time. It would be cool to see her on AI tho

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Well if people can dream about having Adele then I will dream about this. 

I’m starting to come around on the idea. For starters, she can sing her original music. She has about 120 songs listed on BMI right now. My main concern is they would give her the Hailey Mia treatment since she was runner up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m starting to come around on the idea. For starters, she can sing her original music. She has about 120 songs listed on BMI right now. My main concern is they would give her the Hailey Mia treatment since she was runner up. 

They might but she will sing better songs than Hailey did so she probably has a better chance of advancing further than Hailey did with her questionable song choices.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

They might but she will sing better songs than Hailey did so she probably has a better chance of advancing further than Hailey did with her questionable song choices.

That’s true. Given they seem to have more flexibility on this show, she’d probably sing better songs than she sang on The Voice. She’s covered almost every well known song in existence, regardless of genre. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s true. Given they seem to have more flexibility on this show, she’d probably sing better songs than she sang on The Voice. She’s covered almost every well known song in existence, regardless of genre. 

She's also capable of singing other genres than just country. So when Idol throws in all these dumb AF themes she could handle them better than most of the country singers on the show could.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Hmm.. Usually contestants that make it far on one singing show don't make it as far in their next one.

But ig more exposure is never a bad thing if you have the time. It would be cool to see her on AI tho

Dexter Roberts (idol - top 7 & TV - top 3), We Ani (TV - top 3 & idol - top 5) and Brooke Simspon (TV - top 3 & AGT - top 4) did it so its not too impossible

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

My main concern is they would give her the Hailey Mia treatment since she was runner up.

The follows are interesting.

Former contestants seem to be treated slightly better by TPTB at The Voice than at American Idol.

Regardless, it's probably better to wait a few years between shows. This soon, Grace (TV s23 runner-up in spring 2023) would likely get more viewer complaints about entering another televised competition.

Here are stats on 9 females who auditioned for The Voice and then American Idol.

Adanna Duru TV s3 (fall 2012) battles / AI s14 (2015) Top 11

Sonika Vaid TV s4 (spring 2013) no chair / AI s15 (2016) Top 5 [after being saved by judges at Top 8 and Top 6]

Shelbie Z TV s5 (fall 2013) live playoffs / AI s15 (2016) Top 24

Wé Ani McDonald TV s11 (fall 2016) third place / AI s21 (2023) Top 5

Kendra Checketts TV s16 (spring 2019) live playoffs / AI s20 (2022) Hollywood Genre Challenge

Rebecca Howell TV s16 (spring 2019) live playoffs / AI s20 (2022) Hollywood Duets Round

Megan Danielle TV s18 (spring 2020) Top 9 semifinalist / AI s21 (2023) runner-up

Mia Matthews with Worth the Wait TV s19 (fall 2020) live playoffs / AI s22 (2024) Top 10

Hailey Mia TV s21 (fall 2021) fourth place / AI s22 (2024) Top 24

Edited by RTV
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RTV said:

Former contestants seem to be treated slightly better by TPTB at The Voice than at American Idol.

Regardless, it's probably better to wait a few years between shows. This soon, Grace (TV s23 runner-up in spring 2023) would likely get more viewer complaints about entering another televised competition.

Here are stats on 9 females who auditioned for The Voice and then American Idol.

Sonika Vaid TV s4 (spring 2013) no chair / AI s15 (2016) Top 5 [after being saved by judges at Top 8 and Top 6]

Kendra Checketts TV s16 (spring 2019) live playoffs / AI s20 (2022) Hollywood Genre Challenge

Rebecca Howell TV s16 (spring 2019) live playoffs / AI s20 (2022) Hollywood Duets Round

Megan Danielle TV s18 (spring 2020) Top 9 semifinalist / AI s21 (2023) runner-up

Mia Matthews with Worth the Wait TV s19 (fall 2020) live playoffs / AI s22 (2024) Top 10

Hopefully, in a few years, she won’t need to. 

There are other interesting follows on there, but none that are followed by three of them. I’ll keep an eye on this over the next several months. Grace wouldn’t give a single clue, not even a follow, but others might. One of them follows Kaylee Shimizu, but that could be from when she auditioned a few years ago. 

Edited by TeamAudra

19 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I just followed 4 members of the AI casting team. 3 of them follow Grace West. :P

I have zero expectations that she’ll be on the show, but I found that interesting.  

jIHvqqY.png

Grace would do well if she isn't given tragic song choices, perhaps show a few of her originals that are obviously well written.

Yeah I'd love a good AI run from her, hopefully she gets far as well, her edit will be very telling before the voting rounds occur though 😬

I expect Ruby Leigh (The Voice s24 runner-up) to eventually end up on American Idol. Ruby was 16 when she auditioned, and her 17th birthday was last month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RTV said:

I expect Ruby Leigh (The Voice s24 runner-up) to eventually end up on American Idol. Ruby was 16 when she auditioned, and her 17th birthday was last month.

honestly I wouldnt be opposed to it ... all she was missing from her first run was some experience and confidence. Give her a few years and she'd be unstoppable

Just now, StarWalker1 said:

honestly I wouldnt be opposed to it ... all she was missing from her first run was some experience and confidence. Give her a few years and she'd be unstoppable

Ehh I thought she wasn't very good. Maybe she will improve when she's older but I don't have any burning desire to see her on tv again. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Ehh I thought she wasn't very good. Maybe she will improve when she's older but I don't have any burning desire to see her on tv again. 

to each their own ... her voice is one of my faves the show ever had

• Like 1

None of them follow Ruby yet. LOL 

I did see a few that would make IDF ecstatic, but it’s way too early. I’ll keep an eye out as we get closer. 

I highly doubt Grace would be up for another TV show any time soon. LOL

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Of course, 54 weeks ago, Kaylee was prepping for her blind audition for TV. Looks like she might have had a chance to return for S22 of Idol if it wasn’t for that, as this casting director was liking a bunch of her videos and left that comment. Tami B is probably who recruited her when she was 15. This is definitely one worth keeping an eye on over the next few seasons. 

pMFVeWA.png

Edited by TeamAudra

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, m1key said:

so cringe. this just proves to me though that she has never actually been in talks to be the new judge (she likely wouldn't be allowed to be saying all of this if she was).

Yeah, I agree. If Meghan was seriously being considered, she wouldn't be begging every week to be the new judge.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Meghan was useless and annoying on Australian Idol as a judge. She wasn’t brought back for Season Two. 

She was useless and annoying in The Voice UK as well.

On 6/4/2024 at 2:56 AM, RTV said:

add Maddie Poppe lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MILO JAY said:

add Maddie Poppe lol

She was a no-chair. Since very few would remember, it’s a little easier to slide her in whenever. Grace West was a runner up, and Blake’s last ever chair turn. That’s probably why she’d have to wait a while. Kaylee is somewhere in between, but I could see them wanting to wait another year. Both of them seem to have stuff going on, so maybe they’d rather wait a while anyway. 

• Like 1