American Idol Season 23 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

21 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Kinda surprised we don't know yet. Hope they don't delay it another month!

They typically don’t announce the new judges until shortly before they film the judges auditions. We’ll likely know by mid July.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Any guesses on The Voice alums for S23? They’ve been good for at least two per season for a while, right? 

I’ll submit Kaylee Shimizu. 

Bring on Grace West! 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Bring on Grace West! 

Honestly, I’d rather she just keep doing what she’s been doing…writing, gigging, etc. And honestly, I see her more in a behind the scenes role in Nashville…songwriting, producing, managing stuff. I’d be very surprised if she would be interested in another reality show. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, I’d rather she just keep doing what she’s been doing…writing, gigging, etc. And honestly, I see her more in a behind the scenes role in Nashville…songwriting, producing, managing stuff. I’d be very surprised if she would be interested in another reality show. 

I have no idea if she would actually do it or not but I would like to see it at least!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Any guesses on The Voice alums for S23? They’ve been good for at least two per season for a while, right? 

i would love for Kala to audition (as would most of IDF i'm sure lol). she would be on the older side, but i think Idol is more embracing of indie/folk female artists than The Voice is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I have no idea if she would actually do it or not but I would like to see it at least!

She’d have to get better at the social media game. She’s very good at networking, and one on one interactions, but needs a lot of improvement on marketing herself to the masses. 

Kaylee probably doesn’t have a sob story, but she has a lot of time to come up with one. 

Holly could use her Miss Mississippi, but she already did that, so I don’t know…

I don’t know enough about Kala to know her backstory. 

47 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

she'd honestly be perfect for this show ... much more so than the voice at least

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

she'd honestly be perfect for this show ... much more so than the voice at least

She could have made the finale on TV, but I agree this show would be better for her. 

She already auditioned for Idol when she was 15, got a golden ticket, and was cut in Hollywood. I’m guessing she’d probably jump at the chance to come back. 

She threw the kitchen sink at this, but somehow, it works. :haha:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Bring on Grace West! 

This season might be a little too soon. Like TeamAudra said, Grace should probably continue songwriting and performing for now. Then she could audition for American Idol in 2025 or 2026 if she wants to enter another competition. A better sob story would be helpful, but I doubt she'd have a problem with any theme TPTB could dream up.

• Like 2

I was looking through the lists from the past few seasons of The Voice, mostly focusing on younger, non-finalists, who made it at least as far as the playoffs. Other than some mentioned above, there aren’t a lot of good options. What about Peedy Chavis? :P

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, m1key said:

i would love for Kala to audition (as would most of IDF i'm sure lol). she would be on the older side, but i think Idol is more embracing of indie/folk female artists than The Voice is. 

Hmm not sure I agree with that. The Voice just had an indie female winner 2 seasons ago in Gina and another finalist in Lila Forde.

51 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Hmm not sure I agree with that. The Voice just had an indie female winner 2 seasons ago in Gina and another finalist in Lila Forde.

Lila yes, but Gina was definitely not indie. she was a pop girl with a quirky tone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I was looking through the lists from the past few seasons of The Voice, mostly focusing on younger, non-finalists, who made it at least as far as the playoffs. Other than some mentioned above, there aren’t a lot of good options. What about Peedy Chavis? :P

He would be eliminated at Top 20 

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If we’re lucky. He gives Laine Hardy vibes. 

He'd probably be received well by American Idol viewers, but his music is less country than Laine's.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, RTV said:

He'd probably be received well by American Idol viewers, but his music is less country than Laine's.

Don’t forget who sent him home in the instant save! 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, m1key said:

Kala said she can't because her dad works for disney

6 hours ago, m1key said:

Lila yes, but Gina was definitely not indie. she was a pop girl with a quirky tone.

Idk, Gina has the type of tone you hear quite a bit of in indie music.

Even some of her discography was indie. All I want, Skinny love, even somebody I used to know blurs the lines between pop and indie. Which actually, I think is the best way to describe Gina.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

does she think people would comment on her being connected with her dad could hurt her image wise?

its a conflict of interest - they can't risk the possibility of her Dad giving her confidential information or something.

• Like 1