Who will be the winner for season 22?

Who will be the winner for season 22?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner for season 22?

• Male
    • Female
  2. 2. Age

• 14-17
    • 18-24
    • 25-29
  3. 3. Genre

• Pop
    • Rock
    • Country
    • R&B
    • Other

I think it's too early to predict but my money is between Abi, KB, McKenna, Julia, and Emmy since these ladies are being pimped the hardest by producers but Will or Triston could win too. I think it's going to be a female this time. 

• Like 1

I also think Triston atm. He's the only one who has gotten a consistently strong edit across all rounds thus far + he's minivan bait. I'd also think producers would enjoy that he checks the box of being a POC.

I don't think it's anywhere near set in stone though. The longer than usual live shows format can both hurt and help the women. It can hurt them because they will have higher expectations to be consistently amazing, but it can help them because they have more time to grow on the audience.

I don't watch Idol anymore, but I'm confident it won't be Hailey Mia. She is way more likely to be the first boot than the winner. IDF's tears will be delicious when she is voted out as part of the first cut.

• Confused 5

3 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

I don't watch Idol anymore, but I'm confident it won't be Hailey Mia. She is way more likely to be the first boot than the winner. IDF's tears will be delicious when she is voted out as part of the first cut.

i agree but that's also a bit dramatic especially if you aren't watching 💀

6 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

I like Hailey, and hoped she would do well, but I also don’t care that much about it. 🤷‍♂️ 

Well, we all know how these polls always turns out, LOL.  We also know that the odds since Season 12, have not favored the winner.  Exception - Chayce.

I don't think anyone predicted last year that Colin Stough and Haven Madison would be the first to get records deals.  Or the success of Gabby Barrett, Lauren Spencer-Smith, or that Catie Turner would end up getting signed to a major label.  That Alejandro was more popular post show than Laine Hardy.  Or that Hunter Girl has made more strides than Noah Thompson.

1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

Well, we all know how these polls always turns out, LOL.  We also know that the odds since Season 12, have not favored the winner.  Exception - Chayce.

I don't think anyone predicted last year that Colin Stough and Haven Madison would be the first to get records deals.  Or the success of Gabby Barrett, Lauren Spencer-Smith, or that Catie Turner would end up getting signed to a major label.  That Alejandro was more popular post show than Laine Hardy.  Or that Hunter Girl has made more strides than Noah Thompson.

I’m glad about the last one.  Noah was probably my least favorite winner in the ABC season.

Personally, I think that Abi has the best shot for the girls and Triston or Will have the best shot for the guys.  But I still want a girl to win, I’m saying Abi.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

35 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

I don't think some of these are surprises. Idol's label has been mostly signing country singers so its not a surprise to me that Colin was signed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Idol label signs Will or Triston this year either. They like signing country contestants. Gabby didn't win & wasn't signed by the Idol label, but I always saw her as marketable during her season so it's not surprising a major label picked her up. HunterGirl was always more "ready for the industry" than Noah. I'm not surprised she's doing better than Noah that was too "green."

Edited by ptebwwong

38 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

okay be calm now lol

I'm going with Triston. He's well liked on FB. He's country which is a well-liked genre. Similar to Scotty, he's coming off as a mature, young country singer that will appeal to the audience. Also, similar to when Scotty competed I'm seeing many comments like "I don't like country, but I like him."

My second choice is Will. I'm not sure who will be the last female. I would have said Abi before, but I do think her not saying much about Idol on social media will hurt her. 

33 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I don't think some of these are surprises. Idol's label has been mostly signing country singers so its not a surprise to me that Colin was signed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Idol label signs Will or Triston this year either. They like signing country contestants. Gabby didn't win & wasn't signed by the Idol label, but I always saw her as marketable during her season so it's not surprising a major label picked her up. HunterGirl was always more "ready for the industry" than Noah. I'm not surprised she's doing better than Noah that was too "green."

HunterGirl is not just doing better than Noah. Noah quit music already, so there was really no contest to be had. He never had any real drive in the first place. This is one reason Idol is such a sham these days as in the past, the winner actually had actual drive and the desire to pursue music. Nowadays, Disney Idol goes for some lame aw-shucks story for their winner instead of someone who will seriously try to pursue their dreams.

Edited by MalwareDie

1 minute ago, MalwareDie said:

Er... I read somewhere that Noah quit music to go back to doing construction work, but I Googled it, and I can't find any news about that. Did I read fake news?

Probably. One quick glance at his IG would disprove that story.

I will say the winner this year is less obvious then it was in previous years. Let's go over the contenders. 

Blake - He was my pick after the audition. But his stock plummeted in Hollywood so I'm not sold on him being the winner anymore. Maybe if he starts singing more country songs like he did in audition he might be able to pull it off but he's going to need to rebound.

Triston - His personality and edit is what minivan will gravitate towards. He is a country music singer so he's going to sing minivan approved songs. He is really young though so I'm not sure how well he will hold up live. 

Mackenzie - He's got the look and charm that minivan likes and he has a massive social media following that could potentially vote for him.

Will - He's a better singer than the guys on this list. He sings country so that helps him. He hasn't had the biggest edit though and he might not have the look that minivan gravitates towards.

Emmy - Being the granddaughter of Loretta Lynn is a big plus for her chances. Her personality is another big plus for her as well. Shes likely going to have to sing more songs like More Hearts then Mine if she is going to win because that was a good moment for her.

McKenna - She has gotten a tremendous edit so far. She has a great voice with a unique tone and a very strong low register. She might be limited a bit in the high notes so she needs to avoid songs like Anyone because those songs are not in her wheelhouse. 

Abi - Platinum ticket holder who had arguably the best audition. She had a lot of momentum from that but bronchitis put a halt to that as she gave a pretty mid performance for her showstopper performance. If she rebounds in the lives then that won't matter. Shes not really the type of singer that tends to winner idol though so I'm skeptical about her chances. 

KB - She might be the darkhorse in the competition. I loved her audition but it didn't really scream winner when I watched it. She had a very strong Hollywood though. She gave a very emotional performance that had everyone in tears. And then for Showstoppers she sang Shallow and she just obliterated a very competent and seasoned singer in Alyssa. So she's trending upward for sure. I am  worried about how well she will hold up in the live shows though. But if she can continue to improve she can be a legitimate threat. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

The problem with the Idol winners goes way back starting in Season 12. The Idol label really isn't in the position to launch the big careers anymore.  It's why Gabby, Catie Turner, Jax, Lauren Spencer Smith - regardless of their genres - found their success with other labels.  But that meant starting with self-releases.  And songwriting is a key. 

On 4/1/2024 at 9:21 PM, MalwareDie said:

Did you really came on here just to express how much you want the downfall of a sixteen years old girl, on a TV show that you don't even watch anymore?? 

• Like 1