The Voice 25 ● The Battles 2 ● Discussion

istersay

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

Chance is right, Nadege has a purity in her tone. But so does Maddi.

If Nadege toned down her riffs, I think it would have been more equal.

Respectfully disagree. Nadege's runs seems to be one of her strengths and part of her silky smooth singing style. I'm not sure she'd be able to compete with Maddi in a straight up simple singing approach where the power difference would be even more noticeable.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Chance knows full well that he can't do anything for Nadege...he should've let her go to John, because that is exactly where she would've went.

I have a feeling it can still possibly happen in the knockouts .

1 minute ago, Hsamid said:

Respectfully disagree. Nadege's runs seems to be one of her strengths and part of her silky smooth singing style. I'm not sure she'd be able to compete with Maddi in a straight up simple singing approach where the power difference would be even more noticeable.

Nadege is more jazz or not soul and Maddie is more pop so they were never going to be even on this battle .

6 minutes ago, juls1983 said:

You really aren't familiar with the rules, are you?  Nadege can bypass the Knockouts, which means that she can't be stolen there.

8 minutes ago, juls1983 said:

but doesn't she skip knockouts and go right to playoffs?

Just now, juls1983 said:

Yea my bad .Hope chance doesn't pair Maddie with serenity because that would be worse 

he probably will lol

8 minutes ago, Rodney said:

You really aren't familiar with the rules, are you?  Nadege can bypass the Knockouts, which means that she can't be stolen there.

My mistake .I was thinking about Maddie because John was prepared to steal either one .Chance should have let nadege go to John. 

4 minutes ago, istersay said:

he probably will lol

Have a feeling he will because he's going to push for Val and serenity leaving someone the odd one out .Which would look worse than letting nedege go to John lol. 

• Like 1

do we even know for sure that knockouts are 1v1? there are 10/2+1 = 6 people on each team for it i think? so we might get 3-ways..? i think not but it’s possible, right? (1 winner, 2 steals yields 5 playoff contestants on each team)

- I thought Maddi outshined at the beginning but Nadege stepped it up. I think I just gravitate towards Maddi's fuller(?) tone and she sold the attitude better imo, but Nadege had some crazy runs too, liked this a lot overall

- William is talented but unpolished and I feel like that kinda showed here. That being said this was just... rough across the board? The parts where they were singing together were not it

- Frank vs J&J was not the most memorable but Frank did well and I thought J&J improved from their audition too. The song was just better suited for Frank

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

do we even know for sure that knockouts are 1v1? there are 10/2+1 = 6 people on each team for it i think? so we might get 3-ways..? i think not but it’s possible, right? (1 winner, 2 steals yields 5 playoff contestants on each team)

6 contestants at the end of the Battles + The Playoffs pass 

6 contestants = 3 pairs 

3 winners for each team 

1 steal for each team 

3 winners + 1 steal + 1 Playoffs pass = 5 contestants on the Playoffs for each team

7 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

6 contestants at the end of the Battles + The Playoffs pass 

6 contestants = 3 pairs 

3 winners for each team 

1 steal for each team 

3 winners + 1 steal + 1 Playoffs pass = 5 contestants on the Playoffs for each team

I think the playoff pass get to skip the knockouts and go straight to the playoffs so it's still 5 for each team .The playoff pass works differently from the save .

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Eyes Eye Roll GIF

Lol my mistake .It's 6 including the steal .Guess it's not going to be 5 in the playoffs this season like last season which makes the cuts even more brutal for the next round .Don't know what I was thinking there lol..

Edited by juls1983

I don't know what IDF's opinion is, but I think that Nadege is one of, if not the best female R&B singer from the Voice in recent years. Her audition and battle have probably been the top 2 performances of the season for me and I would 100% listen to her music after the show. 

• Like 1