• CJ Rislove - The Astronaut and the Rockstar by Himself
    • Kyra - Up to the Mountain by Patty Griffin
    • Will Mosely - Gone for Good by Himself
  2. 2. Best Rejected Audition

• Donahue Diaries - I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick
    • Avery Gunn - Wayfairing Stranger by Traditional

Scarlett Lee easily.

50 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I liked Will the most, even though the Judges tried everything they could to ruin it.

I don't think they ruined it.  They were already sold on him.

But typical Idol to give him the ex-jock storyline.   He's a smart guy.  He has a degree in Biology and chose to pursue singing over a career in science.

• Thanks 1

1. Scarlett Lee - I remember her from X Factor. I could see her making the finale and making the top 2 just like she did on that show. She did make it that far for a reason. Amazing voice, really strong, and emotional. Lots of range as well. This was my personal favorite of the night. 

2. Will Mosely - By far the best male country singer I've heard this season so far. The dude is a pro. His song he wrote is amazing! I would buy his albums. I disliked that the judges interrupted him as they were unprofessional. Just let him continue singing and then talk when he's done. He is going to be a huge threat to win the show as the Facebook Grandmas will love this and this audition is going to hit 90 million views on Facebook. I'm calling it now. He is going to win the shoe. Congrats man! He also looks and sounds like Warren Peay but with more backstory and likability and much better as well. 

3. Max Dasher - One of the best male country singers this season as well. He sang the song like a pro, and I felt the emotions coming out of his mouth. 

4. CJ Rislove - His tone is amazing! He honestly gives me Elton John vibes, even his song does as well. Really stunning and a genius. 

5. Aniston Pate - I love her song! She's a great songwriter and I loved the country sound that she has. Very personal and grounded. She reminds me of a young Dolly Parton. 

6. Jennifer Jeffries - She has a really unique voice and I like the song she wrote. She is someone who could have a growth arc on the show. 

7. Laela Dasher - I love her beautiful tone and I could see how raw she was, and I could see her improving as well. She'll only get better

8. Kimi - This was an emotional and moving performance but Leah put this song to rest. 

9. Kyra - Very pretty voice but she lacked confidence and I wanted more from her. She has some nice strong rasp in her voice and great range. 

10. Nick Connors - Great voice and it started off great until Katy ruined him with her coaching. As soon as she told him to sing louder, his voice was straining and he was out of control. He is not a big voice singer. Lots of Idol winners have won the show with no runs or range before. 

11. Madai Chakell - She has a wonderful voice, but it felt like she was singing all over the place. She was lacking breath control and had some pitch issues. 

As for the rejected auditions.... well neither because both were horrendous, but I voted Avery. 

From the rejected auditions:

1.  Donahue -- he was entertaining but he's nowhere near good enough.

2.  Avery -- Simon would have eviscerated him, believe me.

And now for the ones who made it:

1.  Scarlett -- it's a pity that she didn't get into the Top 24.

2.  Jennifer -- best of those who got into the Top 24.

3.  Aniston -- I liked her country sound.

4.  Will -- best of the guys and the one most likely to get to the finale.

5.  Kyra -- I liked her more the first time I heard her than the second time around.  Still very good though.

6.  Max -- he was better than his sister but not by much.

7.  Laela -- she was good enough to get to Hollywood, even if Max was a little better.

8.  Kimi --  he began slow but improved enough to go to Hollywood.

9.  Madzia -- she has a fine voice but might have more personality than talent at this point.

10.  C.J. -- he was doing well for me until he had to look at his screen for the lyrics.

11.  Nick -- second time around, I cringed a little when I heard him try to go for more runs in his song.

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

From the rejected auditions:

1.  Donahue -- he was entertaining but he's nowhere near good enough.

2.  Avery -- Simon would have eviscerated him, believe me.

And now for the ones who made it:

2.  Jennifer -- best of those who got into the Top 24.

3.  Aniston -- I liked her country sound.

4.  Will -- best of the guys and the one most likely to get to the finale.

5.  Kyra -- I liked her more the first time I heard her than the second time around.  Still very good though.

6.  Max -- he was better than his sister but not by much.

7.  Laela -- she was good enough to get to Hollywood, even if Max was a little better.

8.  Kimi --  he began slow but improved enough to go to Hollywood.

9.  Madzia -- she has a fine voice but might have more personality than talent at this point.

10.  C.J. -- he was doing well for me until he had to look at his screen for the lyrics.

11.  Nick -- second time around, I cringed a little when I heard him try to go for more runs in his song.

He didn't come into the room to audition with a song he wrote literally the day before!

They took him by surprise and wanted an original as opposed to whatever he originally would've sung... imo

I like him a ton. My fave guy of the night!

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

He didn't come into the room to audition with a song he wrote literally the day before!

They took him by surprise and wanted an original as opposed to whatever he originally would've sung... imo

I like him a ton. My fave guy of the night!

Oh.  So that might explain why C.J. had to look at his screen.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Are you kidding me...? How could she have possibly screwed up on the way there? I could kind of see her going too all over the place, but we'll have to find out.

(Also just found out she's friends with Lauren Spencer Smith because of course she is. :D)

Edited by NGL2008

1. Scarlett: absolutely amazing. What a vocal beast. 

2. Will: Heartfelt and genuine performance. One of the best country male's auditions that i have seen on these shows. (I can't stand these judges, they ruined it) 

3. Max: i honestly liked his tone a lot. And he knows how to connect with what he sings (Will is still a little better in that aspect) 

4/5/6. Laela, Aniston and Jennifer: i grouped them because i enjoyed all of them more or less to the same degree, it's hard to decide how to rank them. They all are different, yet their voices all have storyteller vibes, which is an aspect that i enjoy on a singer. 

7. Nick: really talented vocalist but yeah, he relies a lot on falsetto, which made his performance less enjoyable for me. 

8. Kimi: Great voice but i'm not a fan of his tone.

9. Kyra: nothing memorable about this. Karaoke at best

10. CJ: i don't get the hype, extremely average. 

11. Madai: idk what she tried to do with that song but i'm certainly not a fan. 

• Like 1

1. Scarlett - ATE
  2. Max - good strong country voice, liked this more than I was expecting
  3. Jennifer - took a minute to get used to her voice but even if the vocals weren't perfect you could tell that she wrote the song and she felt it all the way
  4. Will - huh, I didn't like this as much as everyone else? it was a good song but I didn't feel much from it (maybe because I skip the intros) and I wanted to hear more vocally, maybe he'll convince me later
  5. CJ - like his tone, good song, enojyed it overall. falsetto might be a weakness
  6. Laela - nice job but I thought her brother was better (both on vocals and emotional connection)
  7. Aniston - tone wasn't really for me
  8. Kimi - good voice but I didn't connect with it that much? I feel like he needed to sing more lyrics, most of the audition was just repeating a few lines
  9. Kyra - has some power in her voice but her version didn't stand out and it seemed like her voice was struggling to keep reaching those notes
  10. Nick - oof, I didn't like this?
  11. Madai - vocals all over the place and she annoyed me