Updated At Last: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions - #10-6 POSTED!

Someone648

1 minute ago, Hsamid said:

Cami Clune - yeah, I guess I'm not a big fan of her tone for this particular song. I much prefer Bon Iver covers with that raw, emotional sound and this was the complete opposite of that.

:yes:

I’ve seen way too many raw and vulnerable performances of that song by Bon Iver himself that a “pretty” rendition just isn’t gonna cut it for me.

• Like 1

I'll comment with more detail later, but regarding Aaron Gibson, I'd say he did reach the level of his blind later, with his T11 performance, doing the Johnny Cash version of "Hurt". Haunting, and probably my favorite performance of the season.

• Like 3

I remember enjoying Aaron's Instant save performances a lot more than his actual performances. He earned all the three saves that he won (Well, it's not like he had that much competition in these, anyway. Wow, Season 11 had one of the worst Top 12 ever). 

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'll comment with more detail later, but regarding Aaron Gibson, I'd say he did reach the level of his blind later, with his T11 performance, doing the Johnny Cash version of "Hurt". Haunting, and probably my favorite performance of the season.

Just listened to it.

Damn you're right. That was excellent. Although its hard to beat, he did capture the feel Johnny Cash's cover brought to the song but added more power to the climax. 

Clues for Part 4: (170-161)

Blue: Season 2 - Season 6 (The early days)

Green: Season 7 - Season 12 (The middle seasons) 

Red: Season 13 - Season 17 (The seasons that kind of felt like a vibe shift)

Purple: Season 18 - Season 23 (The common/COVID/Post(?)-COVID era)

170. Everybody's got a story... this contestant's started with a sad song and ended with another.

169. Nobody gave this contestant a shot until the last note. Not sure if that's what the contestant called for.

168. This audition... no, this contestant's whole run, actually... just tugs at my........... soul to this day.

167. They must feel dreadful. Or do they really feel that way?

166. His audition is proof that montages are not necessary and producers can squeeze in a whole audition and interaction in under 2 minutes. Also, killer sweater.

165. If I was serenaded with this song, I would've automatically assumed it was a love letter.

164. Ela canta muito bem!

163 For being a survivor, this singer earned the right to make the choice they made long before they auditioned.

162. I love when coaches bring their former contestants onstage after the season ends. This coach went the extra mile, though... FOR ONCE.

161. Only member of the top 10 to never achieve a particular feat.

Edited by Someone648

• Someone648 changed the title to Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions (Part 4/170-161 Clues POSTED!)
21 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

168. This audition... no, this contestant's whole run, actually... just tugs at my........... soul to this day.

Nvm

Edited by allistr

27 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

162. I love when coaches bring their former contestants onstage after the season ends. This coach went the extra mile, though... FOR ONCE.

It has to be Kelly lmao so I'm gonna say Corey Ward who was featured on the Kelly Clarkson show.

Edited by AliXRose

28 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Nevermind, it says FOR ONCE so it's not Kelly :dead:  IIRC John invited Zan Fiskum to sing with him on tour.

3 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Nevermind, it says FOR ONCE so it's not Kelly :dead:  IIRC John invited Zan Fiskum to sing with him on tour.

John invited CammWess and Holiday too I think. Also, I think “extra mile” refers to something beyond inviting them to sing on tour.

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

John invited CammWess and Holiday too I think. Also, I think “extra mile” refers to something beyond inviting them to sing on tour.

I wanted to say Melinda Rodriguez who was offered $10k but it's a purple clue so I don't know

43 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

161. Only member of the top 10 to never achieve a particular feat.

This is the only member among the Top 10 artists of Season 9 whose song did not reach Top 10 of the iTunes chart during the live shows. I think this is Korin Bukowski

43 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

166. His audition is proof that montages are nto necessary and producers can squeeze in a whole audition and interaction in under 2 minutes. Also, killer sweater.

This is Jake Wells, I think? He’s one of the first contestants that come to mind when I think “sweater” and his audition was pretty short.

Just now, Someone648 said:

169. Nobody gave this contestant a shot until the last note. Not sure if that's what the contestant called for

Hannah Huston? 

EDIT: I just remembered her original song. Yep, it's her

Edited by Gustavo527

46 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

170. Everybody's got a story... this contestant's started with a sad song and ended with another.

Why do I feel like this is Addison Agen? I mean, she basically performed a lot of sad songs during her run. She started with "Jolene" and ended with "Tennessee Rain". 

48 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Wild guess but Queen Janice Freeman? 🙁 May her radioactive soul rest in power.

• Sad 1