Kaylee Shimizu Fan Thread

season1

Kaylee was honestly the best of the night and she gave her best performance of the whole season! I loved everything about it. That was perfection and flawless. She really can sing anything. And that song choice? Heck yeah! I was actually hoping she would get that song as I knew she could handle it. I threw all my shoes and my wigs were snatched. John is an idiot because he told her she could win the show and she was the most likely to make top 3. She had a Kala level performance and went out on a high note like Kala did so I'm glad she went out with a fantastic performance. That was the best thing for her and to not go out with an off night. My favorite of the night and my favorite performance out of everyone so far. Thank you Kaylee for your amazing run and I can't wait to see what else she does. I'd love to hear her sing Wrecking Ball because she would sing the crap out of it. So far she seems to be getting a ton of high praises on Youtube and getting the most views and likes which majority of them are pissed at John. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, New but Old said:

Even though she's eliminated please add me to her fan list. Gonna miss her perform on the voice 

Added. 🙂

Make sure to check back every so often. I will try to post any new performances and new music she shares on social media.

• Like 3

Kaylee was on a morning show being interviewed by 5 hosts, and they told her she was robbed. One of them said his wife was so mad she was yelling at the TV. :haha: 

Full interview: 

To say they aren’t happy with John Legend is an understatement, as we’ve seen all over social media and YouTube for the past two days. I knew there would be meltdowns, but didn’t even imagine it would be to this scale. They’re even going after John on one of his own posts. I’m sure Kaylee isn’t thrilled with being eliminated, but she’s handled it in a very mature manner, especially with the avalanche of comments everywhere about her being robbed. She’s clearly a class act. I suppose if you’re going to get eliminated, having that level of support is best case scenario. She should milk it for all it’s worth. 

Her two post elimination posts: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0SqrvzrHUZ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0Poa9oSJvs/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Kaylee will be releasing a full version of “Golden Slumbers” on all platforms. Sounds like it’s already recorded. She also mentioned releasing an original. 

I’m more convinced than ever that she could have won the show, just based on the reaction to her elimination. The closest reaction to this I can recall was when Mikaela Astel was unfairly paired with a freaking sibling trio, and unceremoniously sent home, but this seems to be on a much larger scale, and with more intensity. 

As I said the other day, I’m

checked out for the season. I’ve honestly been close for a while to making it permanent. I think I’m there now. So, aside from fan threads, you probably won’t be seeing much of me. I’m sure that will make some members happy. ;)

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Kaylee was on a morning show being interviewed by 5 hosts, and they told her she was robbed. One of them said his wife was so mad she was yelling at the TV. :haha: 

Full interview: 

To say they aren’t happy with John Legend is an understatement, as we’ve seen all over social media and YouTube for the past two days. I knew there would be meltdowns, but didn’t even imagine it would be to this scale. They’re even going after John on one of his own posts. I’m sure Kaylee isn’t thrilled with being eliminated, but she’s handled it in a very mature manner, especially with the avalanche of comments everywhere about her being robbed. She’s clearly a class act. I suppose if you’re going to get eliminated, having that level of support is best case scenario. She should milk it for all it’s worth. 

Kaylee will be releasing a full version of “Golden Slumbers” on all platforms. Sounds like it’s already recorded. She also mentioned releasing an original. 

I’m more convinced than ever that she could have won the show, just based on the reaction to her elimination. The closest reaction to this I can recall was when Mikaela Astel was unfairly paired with a freaking sibling trio, and unceremoniously sent home, but this seems to be on a much larger scale, and with more intensity. 

checked out for the season. I’ve honestly been close for a while to making it permanent. I think I’m there now. So, aside from fan threads, you probably won’t be seeing much of me. I’m sure that will make some members happy. ;)

Thanks for sharing her posts after the results. Her Instagram message is very classy and full of gratitude.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0SqrvzrHUZ/

6g1B5zU.png

Full message below:

Phew! i gave myself a day to take it all in, & I’m feeling all the love from everyone here in Hawaii & around the world, Wow!

My journey on the voice has been nothing but amazing and a HUGE blessing in my life. Just graduated high school and went straight to competing on The Voice. Although my journey on The Voice has ended, this is not the end but the beginning of something great! Looking forward to the future and what God has planned for me. Getting the opportunity to even be on THE VOICE is just still crazaay to me. I was able to share my talent and who Kaylee Shimizu is! Hopefully inspiring people through my determination and passion.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart @johnlegend You have made me feel even more confident in my voice throughout the show. Thank you for the encouraging words and the knowledge you have instilled in me, i will forever carry it with me throughout my singing career. I am very honored to have had you coaching me!

@nbcthevoice thank you guys as well for believing in me, you all are so sweet thank you for EVERYTHING. The crew is so kind, respectful, and caring. You guys took such good care of me and the contestants. I am so grateful for this big opportunity because I’ve gained sooo much from this. And i made so much friendships throughout this process! This is only the beginning of my singing career and it does not stop here! I’m gonna keep giving my 110% in everything i do.. whether it’s songwriting and putting out my own songs, performing, and doing shows!!!! THANK YOU TO ALL MY SUPPORTERS AND FANS!!!! I appreciate every single one of you guys for the continuous love and cheering me on!!!I love you all and hope you guys continue to support me through my singing career🙏🏼🥰✨

I’ll be cheering on my talented friends(Contestants) as they kill it in the lives! Each and every one of you are insanely talented and I’ll be rooting for you all!

I agree that she could have won the show. That's why it's sad that her journey on The Voice is already over. :( 

But I'm looking forward to any new music she releases. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Full interview: 

John getting the criticism is deserved, he f***ed up with the song choice and it's clear he didn't care about Kaylee just because she was young. Hell, he gushed over people who didn't have half her talent and it's frustrating(but also expected with this guy) I'm glad Kaylee takes it with grace, she should be proud of herself because she slayed it everytime.

Glad to hear the full version of her audition soon, a pure slayage.

Kelly would have been on Kaylee the moment she sang in the blinds, I'm definitely certain she could have won with her, or even just some coach who left her alone to do her thing with even just "decent" song choices. Funny since Kelly was the one to cut Mikaela, lmao, let's just say Kelly learned from that and went on to coach Hailey to the end as redemption :haha:

Yeah, I'm checked the hell out, I got a couple people I'm interested in left, but the decisions in these Playoffs had me cringe and I don't understand the hype for some people, it's whatever I suppose. 

I definitely will miss your posts if you come by less often, we need someone to say it how it is, and especially with some users' posts making me roll my eyes or actually laugh with amusement, I just need to feel like I'm not taking crazy pills about some of the performances I'm hearing. 

I'm so close in just letting my opinions out on the unpop, but no need to take this show too seriously, it's just entertainment in the end, lmfao.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

John getting the criticism is deserved, he f***ed up with the song choice and it's clear he didn't care about Kaylee just because she was young. Hell, he gushed over people who didn't have half her talent and it's frustrating(but also expected with this guy) I'm glad Kaylee takes it with grace, she should be proud of herself because she slayed it everytime.

Glad to hear the full version of her audition soon, a pure slayage.

Kelly would have been on Kaylee the moment she sang in the blinds, I'm definitely certain she could have won with her, or even just some coach who left her alone to do her thing with even just "decent" song choices. Funny since Kelly was the one to cut Mikaela, lmao, let's just say Kelly learned from that and went on to coach Hailey to the end as redemption :haha:

Yeah, I'm checked the hell out, I got a couple people I'm interested in left, but the decisions in these Playoffs had me cringe and I don't understand the hype for some people, it's whatever I suppose. 

I definitely will miss your posts if you come by less often, we need someone to say it how it is, and especially with some users' posts making me roll my eyes or actually laugh with amusement, I just need to feel like I'm not taking crazy pills about some of the performances I'm hearing. 

I'm so close in just letting my opinions out on the unpop, but no need to take this show too seriously, it's just entertainment in the end, lmfao.

Yeah…

• Like 3

kaylee's audition was imo the best of the season so im excited to hear that she's releasing that !! i miss the days when the voice released all the performances online :(  

kaylee had tough competition in the playoffs. i think i would have selected her solely off the fact that her belts in the second half were very impressive but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, season1 said:

I love Kaylee's cover of "Lose Control". Her voice is insane.

That’s a great song for her. She posted it here too, and somewhere in the comments she said she will be posting a full cover. I also saw something recently where she’s been working on new music. She had been writing for a while. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1xthM9PXSB/?igsh=MWY2M3BmMWRtdGk1bw==

She also had a show in Maui recently. I saw some clips, she sounded great. 

• Like 5

On 1/8/2024 at 7:14 AM, TeamAudra said:

That’s a great song for her. She posted it here too, and somewhere in the comments she said she will be posting a full cover. I also saw something recently where she’s been working on new music. She had been writing for a while. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1xthM9PXSB/?igsh=MWY2M3BmMWRtdGk1bw==

She also had a show in Maui recently. I saw some clips, she sounded great. 

beatingheart.gif.581755d06b294b2790f4aca she sounds amazing

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, season1 said:

Kaylee's new cover: "We can't be friends" by Ariana Grande

Wow chills! She just slays everything. 

• Like 1