Kaylee Shimizu Fan Thread

season1

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m assuming this means Kaylee’s blind will air this week. 

QTsyS2M.jpg

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She hasn’t posted anything on Facebook for years, but there’s this video of her singing “I Am Changing” by Jennifer Hudson from 2017. It’s a live performance…maybe one of those singing competitions she won. It is ridiculously good for an 11 year old (or any age, honestly).  

https://fb.watch/npiBC-qABP/?mibextid=v7YzmG

Looking forward to her blind audition. Any guesses for her BA song? Maybe a Whitney song?

That "I Am Changing" cover is one of the best versions IMO.

Edited by season1

20 minutes ago, season1 said:

Looking forward to her blind audition. Any guesses for her BA song? Maybe a Whitney song?

That "I Am Changing" cover is one of the best versions IMO.

No guesses for her blind song, but keeping in mind that she’s pure diva, so probably something along those lines. Case in point:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnz112wDvjD/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

As for the JHud cover, I always look for evidence they can sing on pitch with a live audience, and there’s ample material out there that proves that she can, and she makes it look effortless. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamescasaki said:

Add me she is incredible 

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

That massive belted run she did towards the end of the audition... that sounded so Filipino. Add me, I think she'll go very far.

24 minutes ago, allistr said:

Add me!

Added y'all. rmyMxWk.gif

Just now, season1 said:

John better take her to the lives. She's his best chance to win since Season 16.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't. He genuinely looked so excited about working with her, and that doesn't happen too often. The only other times I saw him this passionate about a contestant were Maelyn, Katie, and Omar... and we all know he brought all of them to the finale. (I may be missing someone, but these were contestants that I remembered off the top of my head)

I'll wait to be added, but I think she's gonna be one of, if not THE best vocalists of the season. She's great.

• Like 4

please add me! i've looped her audition nearly 100 times by now LOL... she's ridiculously good, and listening to some of the covers posted here, she can clearly do even more than what she showed in the blinds.

i really appreciated the fresh song choice too. no other performance to compare it to + added to the excitement for me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

please add me! i've looped her audition nearly 100 times by now LOL... she's ridiculously good, and listening to some of the covers posted here, she can clearly do even more than what she showed in the blinds.

i really appreciated the fresh song choice too. no other performance to compare it to + added to the excitement for me.

Added! Thanks for contributing to Kaylee's views -- she has the most YT views to date. ^_^

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, season1 said:

Added! Thanks for contributing to Kaylee's views -- she has the most YT views to date. ^_^

oops i loop it on an external website, unsure if it adds to YT views... but nonetheless it's a drop in the bucket compared to what she has! looking forward to hearing more from her on the show in the coming weeks / months 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

oops i loop it on an external website, unsure if it adds to YT views... but nonetheless it's a drop in the bucket compared to what she has! looking forward to hearing more from her on the show in the coming weeks / months 

Kaylee's audition is really good. One of my favorites (maybe my #1 favorite) in recent seasons. I would not have expected the song based on her covers, but I think it's a smart choice. Looking forward to her future performances.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, season1 said:

Kaylee's audition is really good. One of my favorites (maybe my #1 favorite) in recent seasons. I would not have expected the song based on her covers, but I think it's a smart choice. Looking forward to her future performances.

right! i think there's something very compelling about the whole performance: the fresh song, the big+diverse arrangement, the strong vocal. but also things like her stage presence add to it i think.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 2