[video]

Z2yQ7vY.png

---
[h/t: Dany for Trivia Image]

Edited by season1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Add me, please. 

Added! 🙂

I was watching some of the older videos, including the ones with her younger sister. I think the sister has a fuller voice, but maybe not as much range as Kaylee. I like both their voices.

I think I like Kaylee's voice more on songs like this compared to the big diva songs.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, season1 said:

Added! 🙂

I was watching some of the older videos, including the ones with her younger sister. I think the sister has a fuller voice, but maybe not as much range as Kaylee. I like both their voices.

I think I like Kaylee's voice more on songs like this compared to the big diva songs.

I noticed most of her covers online are pretty old. She hasn’t posted much over the past year. 

I also noticed she was 2022 Teen Hawaii American Scholar Queen. Looks like a pageant. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiGV5jgvO9t/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I noticed most of her covers online are pretty old. She hasn’t posted much over the past year. 

I also noticed she was 2022 Teen Hawaii American Scholar Queen. Looks like a pageant. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiGV5jgvO9t/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

It seems she had several competitions (and won them) when she was 10-13 (4-7 years ago) but no recent full videos, just short clips.

Maybe high school was so hectic and she has other interests like wrestling and the pageant (for scholarship?) you posted.  She also tried out for American Idol last year.

Edited by season1

This girl has been performing live in Hawaii for years…this isn’t her first rodeo. There are videos of her performing on TV shows at 10-11 years old. However, it seems as though she backed off in recent years, perhaps to focus on school and…wrestling! Haha. I didn’t didn’t realize there was girls wrestling, but from that video it looks like she knows what she’s doing. I’m expecting clips of that to make it into her intro package. 

I happened across this 6 year old video (11 years old, I’m assuming) with 17 million views. 

• Like 1

Nice find! It's a well-produced promo (?) video and Kaylee sounds great. Her little sister, Natalie, is also in that video (child villager around 1:40). 

A comment under the video from two years ago said "go on The Voice ASAP" :haha:

RE girls wrestling, it looks like a lot of fun. I only learned that there's such a thing when I saw the video on Kaylee's IG. I hope they show her wrestling on her video package.

Edited by season1

45 minutes ago, season1 said:

Nice find! It's a well-produced promo (?) video and Kaylee sounds great. Her little sister, Natalie, is also in that video (child villager around 1:40). 

A comment under the video from two years ago said "go on The Voice ASAP" :haha:

RE girls wrestling, it looks like a lot of fun. I only learned that there's such a thing when I saw the video on Kaylee's YT. I hope they show her wrestling on her video package.

I did a little Googling on it. 40 states now have sanctioned girls high school wrestling. It’s been a very recent development. Kaylee wrestled in the 97 lb class, based on some tournament results that came up when I was checking it out. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think she covered more than 3 octaves in a span of a few seconds, because the lowest notes are in the 3rd octave, and I’m pretty sure the highest note is C7, and it actually seemed easy for her. :haha:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl-YFkwoQJz/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I have no clue about octaves and such, but I'm impressed with the notes she hits.  I love her reaction at the end. :haha:

Her local news talked about that video. :thumbs:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This was posted on the spoiler thread, so might as well post it here too. The video was posted 9 months ago, but at the end, they said she was 13. If they hadn’t said that, I would not have guessed. She killed it. 

It's only 4 years ago (2019) but it seems like it's a long time ago. 

I read somewhere that she's been performing/singing since she was 7, so she has years of experience performing in public. Hopefully she won't have problems with nerves during the competition this season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, season1 said:

It's only 4 years ago (2019) but it seems like it's a long time ago. 

I read somewhere that she's been performing/singing since she was 7, so she has years of experience performing in public. Hopefully she won't have problems with nerves during the competition this season.

In every performance video of hers I’ve watched, her level of confidence on stage looked like 10/10, including an interview and performance on a TV show when she was 11. I doubt she’ll have trouble with nerves. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

This was posted on the spoiler thread, so might as well post it here too. The video was posted 9 months ago, but at the end, they said she was 13. If they hadn’t said that, I would not have guessed. She killed it. 

I’m gonna wait for her audition to ask to be added, but this is very strong. Definitely intrigued by her potential.

• Like 1