Kaylee Shimizu Fan Thread

season1

23 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She should post her audition on her own TikTok account as other have done this season and last. It’s the easiest follower grab ever. 

It seems she's not  very active on social media; she has few posts over the last couple of years. Hopefully she'll post more now that she's on The Voice.

I follow a couple of No Turns and they post a lot on TikTok about The Voice and behind the scenes, as well as numerous covers.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, season1 said:

It seems she's not  very active on social media; she has few posts over the last couple of years. Hopefully she'll post more now that she's on The Voice.

I follow a couple of No Turns and they post a lot on TikTok about The Voice and behind the scenes, as well as numerous covers.

Yeah…..

Although, it looks like she’s been much more active on Instagram over the past week. 

I’ve noticed a large number of Hawaiian and Filipino followers, and comments everywhere. Quickly scrolling through the IG comments on The Voice account, there are many glowing comments from people who either know of her, or know her family. I’ve seen these on Facebook too. She also seems to be very popular with the other contestants. 

Some would say these Filipino followers might not watch the show, or vote. While that may be true, I totally believe she’d be a vote magnet if she made it to the live rounds. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah…..

Although, it looks like she’s been much more active on Instagram over the past week. 

I’ve noticed a large number of Hawaiian and Filipino followers, and comments everywhere. Quickly scrolling through the IG comments on The Voice account, there are many glowing comments from people who either know of her, or know her family. I’ve seen these on Facebook too. She also seems to be very popular with the other contestants. 

Some would say these Filipino followers might not watch the show, or vote. While that may be true, I totally believe she’d be a vote magnet if she made it to the live rounds. 

I agree about her being a vote magnet. Her local and ethnic support alone would eclipse any voting support the other contestants have this season, maybe even rivaling Blake's voters. And they don't care about the coach; they're all about Kaylee.

Just look at the history of young female part-Filipino contestants on American Idol, notably Hawaii's Jasmine Trias in S3 (who was a bit green when she was on the show), and California's Jessica Sanchez in S11 (another power vocalist). Jasmine finished 3rd in a stacked season, and Jessica was runner-up.

Speaking of Jessica, I love Kaylee's cover of Beyonce's "Sweet Dreams" similar to Jessica's cover on the show.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, allistr said:

So Youtube algorithm decided to send me this and I feel like we've got bingo

That's a great video of young Kaylee. Not only does she sing good, she's also good in answering questions in that live interview.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, season1 said:

That's a great video of young Kaylee. Not only does she sing good, she's also good in answering questions in that live interview.

She handled her intro package for The Voice like a pro, and knows how to act on camera. She did everything right. Seems as though she knew what to do, and what to say at age 11 too. 

• Like 2

On 10/8/2023 at 7:05 PM, TeamAudra said:

She should post her audition on her own TikTok account as other have done this season and last. It’s the easiest follower grab ever. 

Kaylee finally posted her audition on TikTok :thumbs:

Edited by season1

8 minutes ago, season1 said:

Kaylee finally posted her audition on TikTok :thumbs:

Yeah, but she waited too long, and her followers had all probably watched it a bunch of times. 

Some come on this show with a plan for social media, and some don’t….

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, but she waited too long, and her followers had all probably watched it a bunch of times. 

Some come on this show with a plan for social media, and some don’t….

Maybe she'll learn along the way. 🙂 Battles coming up, hopefully she will promote it more. 

26 minutes ago, season1 said:

Kaylee is soooo good. 

EDIT:

191K views on YT in 12 hours.

1.7M views on TikTok and 129K views on Facebook

She already has a professional quality voice, and endless range to go along with it. I suspect Reba and Niall were trying to bait John into not picking her,  so they could steal her. Otherwise, they need to clean out their ears. 

• Like 2

Kaylee smashed it. In hindsight, the song choice wasn’t really the best showcase of her vocal abilties but both of them made it work. Much, much better than most other Battles this season, that’s for sure. That’s two for two great performances from her now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She already has a professional quality voice, and endless range to go along with it. I suspect Reba and Niall were trying to bait John into not picking her,  so they could steal her. Otherwise, they need to clean out their ears. 

I don't know what people on the other thread and the coaches are hearing. I thought it's no contest. Kaylee dominated that battle. I guess I am more sensitive to tone, especially on the high notes.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

Just now, season1 said:

I don't know what people on the other thread and the coaches are hearing. I thought it's no contest. Kaylee dominated that battle.

I think people often try to invent reasons to confirm pre-existing biases? I’ve probably done that too, to be fair. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, season1 said:

Or they're judged on different levels of expectations.

That’s very true! We saw that with Wendy Moten, Morgan Myles, and I’m sure many others. I was often left scratching my head with some of the critiques, with Morgan in particular. 

Regardless, I haven’t seen a better all around vocalist than Kaylee on this season, and nobody can convince me otherwise. 

• Like 2

Kaylee crushed that! I loved the song choice for her and she deserves to be in the finale. She won that battle for me. She is one of those artists that will never disappoint me at all and I would love everything she does regardless of how she performs. Her belting notes were gorgeous and I heard enough that made her the clear winner. One of my favorite battles this season and in my top 5 right now. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Also I don’t really agree with those who were saying her audition was mainly special because of the song choice? Maybe I’m just not as attached to the original as other people idk

The only place you will see that is IDF. :haha: Basically, one said it, and another repeated it. It’s another one of those head scratchers. There are many. 

• Haha 2

This girl is legit, her talent speaks for itself.

Add me please, I'm excited to see what she performs next.

High expectations making people disappointed once again, even though she was great and the clear winner, lmao. We have seen that multiple times before :giggle:

• Like 1