Kaylee Shimizu Fan Thread

season1

I do think she had a better song choice in her audition than in her battle, but the latter had to be a compromise between her and Elizabeth’s styles. I have a feeling her KO’s going to give her much more room to shine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

I do think she had a better song choice in her audition than in her battle, but the latter had to be a compromise between her and Elizabeth’s styles. I have a feeling her KO’s going to give her much more room to shine.

Yeah, that’s true. But still…I heard more than enough to make my decision, and I don’t think it was even close. I try to keep it simple. I hear, and I either like, or don’t like. 

This isn’t a favorite song of mine, but her main target audience is familiar with it, so it’s probably not a bad play, and she can clearly outsing the original artist. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nytsch said:

Also I don’t really agree with those who were saying her audition was mainly special because of the song choice? Maybe I’m just not as attached to the original as other people idk

Yeah, I don't think anyone else in the competition could have tackled the song the way she did. Very few have her range, obviously there's the whistle and high belts and headvoice,  but her low register sounds just as good imo.

She has one of the most well rounded voices in the competition. 

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

This girl is legit, her talent speaks for itself.

Add me please, I'm excited to see what she performs next.

High expectations making people disappointed once again, even though she was great and the clear winner, lmao. We have seen that multiple times before :giggle:

Added. 🙂

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who sees Kaylee as the clear winner in that battle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, season1 said:

Added. 🙂

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who sees Kaylee as the clear winner in that battle.

It’s pretty overwhelming in favor of Kaylee on all social platforms and YouTube, so of course you’re not the only one. :haha: Even on Facebook, where Elizabeth gets a decent reception, it’s still probably something like 80-20 in favor of Kaylee. In some places, you have to search hard to find folks who preferred Elizabeth in the battle. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s pretty overwhelming in favor of Kaylee on all social platforms and YouTube, so of course you’re not the only one. :haha: Even on Facebook, where Elizabeth gets a decent reception, it’s still probably something like 80-20 in favor of Kaylee. In some places, you have to search hard to find folks who preferred Elizabeth in the battle. 

I guess I should have read the comments under the videos. 🙂  

• Like 1

Add me!

Without a doubt the best battle of the season so far. I keep replaying it, so GOOD.

Kaylee is the best vocalist of the season, both of her performances have been stellar! Her vocal control and range is INSANE. She is unmatched.

I am in denial of the PO result, I have to see it for myself to believe it. There is just no way..... 

Edited by Maxwell
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Add me!

Without a doubt the best battle of the season so far. I keep replaying it, so GOOD.

Kaylee is the best vocalist of the season, both of her performances have been stellar! Her vocal control and range is INSANE. She is unmatched.

I am in denial of the PO result, I have to see it for myself to believe it. There is just no way..... 

I can’t process it either. Sick? Bad song choice? Something had to have gone terribly wrong, assuming the spoiler is correct. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Add me!

10 hours ago, erik g said:

Add me

Added. 🙂

I agree that Kaylee's battle performance is the best this season.

Edited by season1
  • Like 4

Here’s proof they didn’t need to autotune her audition. She sang the entire 3+ minute version of “Golden Slumbers.” This is from a performance at a festival yesterday. 

There are actually three songs in this post:

“Trust In You” - Lauren Daigle 
“Love In The Dark” - Adele 

“Golden Slumbers” - The Beatles 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02L1wTTBCQUdrTEhsuUBgQpZeoRiAr3bj52JsTrrg2kZzs8Scj1rWwhqNkEr9aYmmnl&id=1154413369

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s proof they didn’t need to autotune her audition. She sang the entire 3+ minute version of “Golden Slumbers.” This is from a performance at a festival yesterday. 

There are actually three songs in this post:

“Trust In You” - Lauren Daigle 
“Love In The Dark” - Adele 

“Golden Slumbers” - The Beatles 

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02L1wTTBCQUdrTEhsuUBgQpZeoRiAr3bj52JsTrrg2kZzs8Scj1rWwhqNkEr9aYmmnl&id=1154413369

:wub:

thanks for the link

• Like 2

from tvline

Team Legend: Kaylee Shimizu (Grade: A) defeated Elizabeth Evans (Grade: A) on “traitor” — Elizabeth stolen by Reba | Tackling Olivia Rodrigo, Kaylee and Elizabeth were incredibly well-matched in terms of vocal firepower. (Hear for yourself below.) What’s more, every time I felt like the ear-bending oddities of Elizabeth’s voice gave her the edge, Kaylee would chime in, taking a whole different but no less compelling approach to her delivery. And they were characters on that stage — individual and intriguing characters. Were I in John’s shoes, knowing that Voice viewers don’t always respond to the unusual, I’d have given the win to Kaylee, too.

image.png.3a6c1d441414abc72125ef25347632

• Like 2

Finally finished watching Kaylee's battle on TV. She's even more impressive on the big screen. Her voice has so much depth and fullness, even on the high notes. She doesn't sound shrill like some singers do when belting.

They showed some of her boxing videos; maybe they'll show her wrestling in the KOs. ^_^

Congratulations to Kaylee for winning her battle. :thumbs: Looking forward to Kaylee's KO performance. 

CqmySS9l.png

Bonus points for Kaylee with Sanrio/Hello Kitty obsession. :thumbs:

(I may or may have some Hello Kitty stuff including a stuffed toy. :haha: )

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

So much is made of her ability to reach ridiculous high notes, that I think her lower register is underrated. Listen to the texture in her voice on “Killing Me Softly.” I prefer this approach, with a mixture of occasional highs (she’s not going high on this song, just in general) as opposed to singing an entire song in her upper register. She can do both, but it’s just a personal preference. There are other examples, but this is a song everyone is familiar with. It’s one of the best covers of the song I’ve ever heard. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqZzU9poo-4/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I don’t know what this song is, but she’s almost entirely in her lower register, and it sounds so good. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqPlooKqx9C/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

So much is made of her ability to reach ridiculous high notes, that I think her lower register is underrated. Listen to the texture in her voice on “Killing Me Softly.” I prefer this approach, with a mixture of occasional highs (she’s not going high on this song, just in general) as opposed to singing an entire song in her upper register. She can do both, but it’s just a personal preference. There are other examples, but this is a song everyone is familiar with. It’s one of the best covers of the song I’ve ever heard. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqZzU9poo-4/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I don’t know what this song is, but she’s almost entirely in her lower register, and it sounds so good. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqPlooKqx9C/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I love her lower notes, and I think as she grows older and her voice becomes more round and full, her lower notes would be more impressive. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, season1 said:

I love her lower notes, and I think as she grows older and her voice becomes more round and full, her lower notes would be more impressive. 

Right…if she could figure out a way to showcase both her upper and lower register, because they are equally impressive. The lower register brings out her tone more. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Right…if she could figure out a way to showcase both her upper and lower register, because they are equally impressive. The lower register brings out her tone more. 

My favorite parts of Kaylee’s audition were actually the parts where she wasn’t singing high. The “Once there was a way…” lines, for instance.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

My favorite parts of Kaylee’s audition were actually the parts where she wasn’t singing high. The “Once there was a way…” lines, for instance.

Her “Saving All My Love For You” cover is another good example. She brought out the tone, and still managed to get some of the high notes in at the end. This is easily one of my favorite covers of hers. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmI-PSHoan5/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I'm not good at lip reading but I think there's a "you" in what she's singing, and a big note towards the end, maybe a falsetto also. :haha:

But looking forward to Kaylee's performance this week. I hope she closes the episode again. 

uGJWM8S.png

• Like 1