Most Memorable The Voice Contestants

Anybody354

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Who?

I don’t remember who that is. :haha:

Same. I don't remember him. Lol

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t remember that one either. :haha:

He was in season 2, so maybe that's why you don't know. He had a great audition. His battle is one of the all time greats, "If I Ain't Got You." Many people say, it was the reason the steals were introduced.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He was in season 2, so maybe that's why you don't know. He had a great audition. His battle is one of the all time greats, "If I Ain't Got You." Many people say, it was the reason the steals were introduced.

Had it not been for those behind the scene stuff, he would have been one of my favorites during the og seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yeah, I’m sure that’s it. 

Some contestants might be memorable to some, and not to others, but I suspect if they polled 1000 people who’ve watched every season, the usual suspects would win out. 

• Like 1

Talking about memorable contestants, the channel "Best of the Voice" posted a compilation of "iconic auditions of all time"

for the USA's version, they picked... Kennedy Holmes 😐😐😐 

She wouldn't have been my choice for this type of list. Maybe it's just because she is not my favorite but i barely think of her in conversations related to the show. If they really wanted to pick an iconic audition, Jordan Smith was right there. Or for recent seasons, maybe they could have picked Katie Kadan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Talking about memorable contestants, the channel "Best of the Voice" posted a compilation of "iconic auditions of all time"

for the USA's version, they picked... Kennedy Holmes 😐😐😐 

She wouldn't have been my choice for this type of list. Maybe it's just because she is not my favorite but i barely think of her in conversations related to the show. If they really wanted to pick an iconic audition, Jordan Smith was right there. Or for recent seasons, maybe they could have picked Katie Kadan.

I think the reason they didn't pick Jordan was because he's almost always in these types of compilations. So maybe they wanted to add something different? Lol

Jordan, probably. He created a lot of buzz. There were so many  international articles about him. From France to Brazil to Indonesia, Vietnam, Romania, Slovakia, etc...

No matter what anyone says, I, to this day, believe that his blind audition is the most iconic audition in the history of the voice. A male singer singing Sia so effortlessly in the up beat style. No pitch issues, incredible show of breath support, great dynamics, great range, great control, and of course the shock factor in his voice that made it even better. I have seen so many reactions on his audition, and majority of the reactors thought it was a female singing that.

I think Sawyer and Matt were memorable as well. Maybe Chloe and Matthew Shuler as well, for their Landslide and Hallelujah? Not sure though.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

9 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I think the reason they didn't pick Jordan was because he's almost always in these types of compilations. So maybe they wanted to add something different? Lol

Yeah, but you could say the same about almost everyone on that compilation lol

I think Melanie Martinez is probably one of the most memorable contestants because of her unique style of singing and unique fashion style. Ultimately she became very popular, so it makes sense. 

As much as Matthew, Chloe, and Jordan had impressive moments, Melanie made a much bigger impact off the show, and she also had a strong impact on the show. OTOH, Natalie Stovall seems to be prominent in the country scene but didn't make a big mark on The Voice.

• Like 1

I can see why someone would choose Kennedy’s audition? Wouldnt have been my pick but she definitely made an impression by being so young and sounding like that. Could be biased since she was my favorite - although I will say that these days I kinda prefer Chevel’s run, Kennedy had a few performances that were kinda boring

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Cody Belew had a memorable battle (with a memorable song choice). Also, he didn’t realize CeeLo turned around in his audition (it was at the last second), and his reaction was hilarious af.

For that matter, DOMO’s audition is pretty memorable and hilarious.

19 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

This, but he’s also memorable for making Marisa Corvo look humble.

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 2

I mean, if we really take in account memorability factor, whether it´s good or bad, we gotta include Reagan Strange, Maelyn, Jordan Smith, and NOIVAS for the sole fact that people still talk about them extensively after their seasons were done. (In NOIVAS´s case, the heat´s still pretty new, but I guarantee he will continue to be a topic of conversation in the future).