American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

On 3/16/2024 at 5:34 PM, mytake1 said:

How is Quintavious considered weaker?  He was a child performer who competed on AGT. 

To quote the great Randy Jackson, he was just alright for me dawg. 

Edited by hazuki

8 minutes ago, hazuki said:

To quote the great Randy Jackson, he was just alright for me dawg. 

But you're claiming that he is a weak singer.

Edited by mytake1

On 2/6/2024 at 6:12 PM, thevoiceisthetop said:

Top 24

males 

Blake Proehl

max dasher 

Jordan Anthony

Roman Collins 

Kayko

triston Harper
Mackenzie Sol

odell Bunton Jr

Will Mosely

Jack Blocker

females 

Hailey Mia 

K-Blocks

Julia Gagnon

cate Gartner 

jennifer Jeffries 

mia Makana Matthew’s 

Emmy Russell 

McKenna Breinholt

Jayna Elise Brown 

Abi Carter

So do we know who the last girl is? I know Ajii, KB, and Collin are missing from here.

My thoughts on the edit of Elleigh/Quintavious + Alyssa:

- Elleigh’s edit was surprisingly very large and she gave a good performance. If she is strong in Hollywood and Showstoppers I can honestly see her surviving the messy song choice that is “Forget You”, but even then, I can’t see her surviving the Top 20 cut. 

- Quintavious’ edit was small. Reminded me of Hailey’s edit where the talent spoke for itself as opposed to a story being necessary. I don’t foresee him going far though; I think the producers prefer Odell for the male powerhouse slot.

- Alyssa’s edit was horrible and I can already see the Facebook moms hating on her for being painted as a horrible person + friend. If she made live shows she clearly would’ve been fodder (though she also may have been edited differently in that case.) I feel bad because this is going to destroy her legacy when she left on a rather high note in S17…

I do also think it is interesting that both of them were placed immediately after other auditions in the edit, as opposed to being aired after a commercial break. Kinda makes it clear they are both afterthoughts.

Also I saw Mia, Jayna, and Julia in preview for next week. Perhaps Jordan and K-Blocks going untelevised?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

My thoughts on the edit of Elleigh/Quintavious + Alyssa:

- Elleigh’s edit was surprisingly very large and she gave a good performance. If she is strong in Hollywood and Showstoppers I can honestly see her surviving the messy song choice that is “Forget You”, but even then, I can’t see her surviving the Top 20 cut. 

- Quintavious’ edit was small. Reminded me of Hailey’s edit where the talent spoke for itself as opposed to a story being necessary. I don’t foresee him going far though; I think the producers prefer Odell for the male powerhouse slot.

- Alyssa’s edit was horrible and I can already see the Facebook moms hating on her for being painted as a horrible person + friend. If she made live shows she clearly would’ve been fodder (though she also may have been edited differently in that case.) I feel bad because this is going to destroy her legacy when she left on a rather high note in S17…

I do also think it is interesting that both of them were placed immediately after other auditions in the edit, as opposed to being aired after a commercial break. Kinda makes it clear they are both afterthoughts.

Also I saw Mia, Jayna, and Julia in preview for next week. Perhaps Jordan and K-Blocks going untelevised?

next week gonna be GOOD

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m1key said:

Perhaps Jordan and K-Blocks going untelevised?

That's a bit dirty from the producers if they are untelevised considering that there's one less round in Hollywood. At least a singing montage with their names would be good enough.

Edited by Tom_The_Man0000

3 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

That's a bit dirty from the producers if they are untelevised considering that there's one less round in Hollywood. At least a singing montage with their names would be good enough.

Wouldn’t be the first time they did this…they didn’t even show Dawson or Malik’s audition last season…

Edited by kenboy1
  • Like 2

Alyssa is getting absolutely ripped apart on every social media outlet. Girl went from being a forgettable finalist to a villain who gets her comeuppance by not even making the Top 24 this time. 💀

From her comment on Instagram, it sounds like she genuinely did just take over Julia’s audition lol. Her only argument to the haters is that she begged the judges to let Julia come to Hollywood too, and they cut that out of the show. No mention of producers asking her to audition or anything like that which would make her look at least a little better. 

• Like 1

So I just saw that the photos for the last day of auditions have finally been out on the ABC Press website. I’m just curious about K-Blocks’s audition, though, whether it’s gonna be aired or not. Unless she went on the show under another name. I’ll go double-check on that and keep y’all in the know! 😉

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/american-idol/photos/

I went and checked. Sadly, looks like K-Blocks isn't going to have her audition televised (just like Dawson Wayne and Malik Heard last season) 😢, but I can’t wait to see her in the next rounds, and SUPER excited for everyone else auditioning this season!! 💙 

9-C49-E577-F71-C-4245-A2-FF-4-ABB08-F3-F

(how I feel when JUST ONE Top 24 audition won’t be airing this season. 😢😢😢)

Edited by JodiRose

11 minutes ago, JodiRose said:

I went and checked. Sadly, looks like K-Blocks isn't going to have her audition televised (just like Dawson Wayne and Malik Heard last season) 😢, but I can’t wait to see her in the next rounds, and SUPER excited for everyone else auditioning this season!! 💙 

9-C49-E577-F71-C-4245-A2-FF-4-ABB08-F3-F

(how I feel when JUST ONE Top 24 audition won’t be airing this season. 😢😢😢)

Too bad.  I wonder why her audition won't be aired -- other than her being cannon fodder, of course.  I know why Malik didn't have his audition aired -- the song he chose wasn't fit for kids to hear, so I have to wonder if K-Blocks also sang a song that wasn't suitable for kids to hear.

oof it sucks that it's just K-Blocks, especially when she seems like she has a big personality/voice. She's definitely dead on arrival now (though even if she did get airtime, her Top 24 song choice is kinda wack!) 

Edited by m1key

I assume K-Blocks flopped hard in Hawaii so they just know she’s going home regardless. Kinda like Dawson’s odd performance last season. No way the FB grannies and minivan were voting that through. 

18 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I assume K-Blocks flopped hard in Hawaii so they just know she’s going home regardless. Kinda like Dawson’s odd performance last season. No way the FB grannies and minivan were voting that through. 

Yeah she's toast I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

I agree that she’s cannon fodder.

6 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Too bad.  I wonder why her audition won't be aired -- other than her being cannon fodder, of course.  I know why Malik didn't have his audition aired -- the song he chose wasn't fit for kids to hear, so I have to wonder if K-Blocks also sang a song that wasn't suitable for kids to hear.

What was the song?