American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 minute ago, wildestinvegas said:

Wait a second... Creep is featured on "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3" (Iam did a song from Volume 2 last season). The song plays throughout the entirety of the opening scene of the movie. If she does this for one of her 2 songs, her spot in the finale is locked IMO.

It was featured on “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3?”  Well then, I see Abi doing “When She Loved Me” because she wanted to do that song for Disney week, and either “Reflection” from Mulan or “Creep”.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

It was featured on “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3?”  Well then, I see Abi doing “When She Loved Me” because she wanted to do that song for Disney week, and either “Reflection” from Mulan or “Creep”.

Yep. It's probably the most a song was featured in one of the Guardians movies. They played the whole thing start to finish. Third movie opens with it. I hope she chooses it, it would do so well with voters.  

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Gawd, the dreaded Idol coronation song.  Over 20+ years, Very, very few Good.  Almost all Bad, Ugly.☹️👎

I Believe remains my favorite. It's cheesy yes - but it was such a great coronation song for Fantasia. Although Home by Phillips Phillips was probably the best winner single across 20 seasons. I agree most of the winner singles usually sucks tho. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I guess you can count me in the I don't want to hear Abi sing Creep camp. 

I don’t want to hear anyone sing it on a singing show, ever again. I’m all creeped out. :haha:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Gawd, the dreaded Idol coronation song.  Over 20+ years, Very, very few Good.  Almost all Bad, Ugly.☹️👎

What did IDF think of Chayce’s coronation song at the time? 

It would probably be another "Bring Me To Life" moment for her and casuals would eat it up, I hope she does it. Getting a radiohead song instead of a cheesy Disney princess one would be a dream come true but I won't hold my breath LOL. I like "When She Loved Me" tho so I hope she does that for one of her songs. When She Loved Me + Creep would be a great combo actually. A emotional soft ballad + a rock emotional well known song. 

• Like 1

Disney Night Predictions:

Emmy - If Only (Descendants)

Will - Life is a Highway (Cars)

Abi - Into the Unknown (Frozen 2)

Triston - I Just Can’t Wait to be King (The Lion King)

Jack - Kiss the Girl (The Little Mermaid)

Just now, Voice said:

Disney Night Predictions:

Emmy - If Only (Descendants)

Will - Life is a Highway (Cars)

Abi - Into the Unknown (Frozen 2)

Triston - I Just Can’t Wait to be King (The Lion King)

Jack - Kiss the Girl (The Little Mermaid)

So you just predicted the top 5 worst disney songs ever... :dead:

• Haha 3

Abi needs to stay away from dark/rock songs for the rest of the competition imo. especially when she probably has the best voice for Disney princess songs of any contestant this season, and honestly probably the ABC era. 

i'd personally love to hear her sing "I Won't Say I'm In Love" from Hercules for a more midtempo moment. for her second song i'd love an emotional ballad by literally any Disney princess. she will likely sound good on all of them so i trust her (please stay away from a rock version of Into the Unknown though...)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t want to hear anyone sing it on a singing show, ever again. I’m all creeped out. :haha:

That's totally fair. :giggle: But if someone has to sing it I would prefer it be someone who can bring out the emotion that the song deserves and I don't think Abi is that person. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

That's totally fair. :giggle: But if someone has to sing it I would prefer it be someone who can bring out the emotion that the song deserves and I don't think Abi is that person. 

I just don’t like the song, and it’s overdone. 

Edited by TeamAudra

18 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Wé's song being called "175 lbs" is probably one of the biggest wtf moments for me :dead: the song was a cute bop but who thought that naming it that was a good idea? 

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

What did IDF think of Chayce’s coronation song at the time? 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, m1key said:

Abi needs to stay away from dark/rock songs for the rest of the competition imo. especially when she probably has the best voice for Disney princess songs of any contestant this season, and honestly probably the ABC era. 

I disagree big time. If she had stuck behind a piano the entire season, she would be a lock for 3rd place (cause females are held to a different standard. she would be called a one trick pony and be done for LOL). It was Bring Me To Life that allowed her to gain so much momentum coming into these final weeks. When you have 2 performances, I think the best strategy is to show two different sides. Bring Me To Life is a well known/classic song, the Fall Out Boy one not so much (barely even charted in the Top 30 back in the day), although I think it showed to everyone that she's pretty versatile yet again so it did its job alright. So I think she should do a Disney ballad + something intense that fits into the classic/well known zone. But I wouldn't mind two classic Disney songs either (as long as they're good ones). My biggest issue with Disney week is that very rarely it allows the contestants to have moments or translates their artistry in a powerful way so if I was a contestant, I'd def pull out an Iam and try to find a regular song that fits inside the rules of the theme. He was really smart doing "Father & Son" last season. I agree “Into The Unknown” should be removed from the Disney songbook tho. That song NEVER gets translated well for some reason. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

I previously posted a list of all the songs from Disney Night s16-21 showing how many times they've been performed and by whom.

• Like 1

goals love GIF by Disney

Yeah I want Go the Distance or I Won't Say I'm In Love for Abi. She'd slay.

No Toy Story ballads or cheesy princess moments. imo

Time for the best OST to get some love and that's Hercules.  ;) 

15 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I find it hilarious how his #1 goes home next every single time. If I was an Abi Stan I would be nervous since she's his new #1. :dead:

Lets hope the curse misses this time around lmao

• Haha 1