The more respected country males on the forum  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Craig Wayne Boyd
    • Adam Wakefield
    • Sundance Head
    • Jake Hoot

This should be interesting.

Country males aren´t usually the belle of the ball here, but when ever there´s positive talk about them, these 4 names tend to come up a lot. 

Which one of these 4 is your favorite, or if you´re not a fan of any, which one do you respect the most?

Edited by Misirlou

1. Craig (fairly easily imo)

2. Sundance

3. Jake

4. Adam

Objectively Adam should probably be #2 (sorry, not above Craig there). But idk, I just rewatched some of his performances, you can’t really say that he wasn’t a capable vocalist, or that he never took risks with song choices. I guess for me it was more that he sang the songs exactly how I’d expect him to sing them? For me at least that made him less interesting. You could say the same about Jake but I guess I just liked his growls more.

Obviously, Sundance is my favorite among the four. He rightfully won and saved his season despite it being considered as one of the worst seasons ever, in my opinion. Jake is my least favorite, as I thought Ricky or Rose should have won over him. 

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 2

Sundance was pretty talented and even showed versatility("No One" is a vocal to remember)
I was shocked by how much he progressed from his blinds.

While I would have wanted Ali or We to win, I could see why they didn't, and I can't say that Sundance didn't deserve to win. 

He also defeated the one who butchered Celine in the Semis, so I get a few laughs(big laughs) out of that tbh. :ph34rwave:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Sundance was pretty talented and even showed versatility("No One" is a vocal to remember)

While I would have wanted Ali or We to win, I could see why they didn't, and I can't say that Sundance didn't deserve to win. 

He also defeated the one who butchered Celine in the Semis, so I get a few laughs(big laughs) out of that tbh. :ph34rwave:

This was the performance that made me a fan of him that season, though I also liked his knockout performance (The Climb). "No One" actually gave me goosebumps especially when the camera focused on Alicia smiling when he sang the climax.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Wait, I don't remember this, who was it?

Edited by Hsamid

2 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

This was the performance that made me a fan of him that season, though I also liked his knockout performance (The Climb). "No One" actually gave me goosebumps especially when the camera focused on Alicia smiling when he sang the climax.

I think that was the moment we knew that he was winning, and I couldn't even be mad about that. I really liked his "The Climb" as well, that was a pretty good flip in itself, didn't sound like Miley's version IIRC.

I think his Finale set was just a nail in the coffin for his win, Billy was certainly shaking :haha:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Billy Gilman

Oh... yeah. Just listened to it.

Sorry Hamza but I'm with Mae on this one. Pitchy throughout, just sounded like a struggle and doesn't possess the power and projection for the song, even when he hits the notes.

Honestly, I think this is worse than Omar's Celine cover.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, StarWalker1 said:

1. Adam

2. Sundance

3. Craig

4. Jake

Exactly what I would've ranked. However, the first three are actually the holy Trinity of the country artists so I ranked them equally.

• Like 1

I would say Sundance would be my favorite but I gave Jake my vote. I loved Sundance, Jake, and Adam. I respected them even if I didn't want them to win. I was happy for Sundance since he earned it. I only wished We was second place. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Oh... yeah. Just listened to it.

Sorry Hamza but I'm with Mae on this one. Pitchy throughout, just sounded like a struggle and doesn't possess the power and projection for the song, even when he hits the notes.

Honestly, I think this is worse than Omar's Celine cover.

I remember some people(very few) actually thought he did better than the woman herself, I wanted to know what they were having cause it must have been some good stuff to think he did better than Celine. 

I think with all the hype Billy had as well, I felt lowkey(highkey) petty to want him to be defeated, luckily, Sundance existed. 

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Sorry, but, why i feel like we have had this discussion like, plenty of times before???  :dead:

Gotta have our occasional discussion, or else we get bored tbh. Jerishka's vocals, Lauren being robbed, and of course, why a black woman hasn't won yet.

• Haha 8

Honestly after listening to Craig im reconsidering my stance on Adam being the best male country singer on the show 

I think it's close between the two. From what I recall, Adam I think is a bit more agile and consistent. But Craig has the breath control and may actually be a bit rangier because of his lower register.

Sundance I wouldn't say is at their level (though it's been a long time), but in terms of artistry and versatility he beats both.

The clear top 3 male country singers on the show that's for sure.

Jake's run was a bit too inconsistent to compete with them. But his KO is an all timer when talking country performances.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I remember some people(very few) actually thought he did better than the woman herself, I wanted to know what they were having cause it must have been some good stuff to think he did better than Celine. 

I think with all the hype Billy had as well, I felt lowkey(highkey) petty to want him to be defeated, luckily, Sundance existed. 

Billy had a lot of hype, but didn't win bc he was labelled as a "screamer." His blind audition was incredible. I loved his entire run, but I can see why anyone would get turned off by his Performances. I Surrender actually charted at #1 on iTunes, and was the first time he defeated Sundance on iTunes. But other than that, Sundance always charted higher than him, was a bearded family man, Country singer on Team Blake, and also got casual support as well bc of his great performances + show of versatility.

I honestly didn't even know what pitch meant when I first watched his performances, but yeah right now, I can def hear issues. Still like it though.

6 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Billy had a lot of hype, but didn't win bc he was labelled as a "screamer." His blind audition was incredible. I loved his entire run, but I can see why anyone would get turned off by his Performances. I Surrender actually charted at #1 on iTunes, and was the first time he defeated Sundance on iTunes. But other than that, Sundance always charted higher than him, was a bearded family man, Country singer on Team Blake, and also got casual support as well bc of his great performances + show of versatility.

I honestly didn't even know what pitch meant when I first watched his performances, but yeah right now, I can def hear issues. Still like it though.

Damn, Billy labeled a screamer? His voice is crystal clear. But then again Wendy was too.

But yeah I feel like he's an acquired taste. He's incredibly talented, but I thought he was ridiculously cheesy tbh. I mean, he sang fight song take back my life song for crying out loud.

Also, I wasn't aware Billy Gillman and his Celine Dion cover was a reoccuring discussion, but I imagine QueenMae has bashed the performance repeatedly like a game of whack a mole.

Edited by Hsamid

1. Craig - My country king. I know @Gustavo527 and @QueenMae16 might've had wanted to throw rocks at their TVs when he defeated Matt, but I thought that win was 100% deserved. There isn't one performance of him that you can say was bad. (Same is the case with Matt tho, OTR was just boring, not bad). He showed range, power, breath support, growls, consistency, great pitch control (not saying he's pitch perfect). Some of his performance are one of the best performances in the history of this show. 

Even tho it's true Matt would've won if tptb had added the cumulative votes into the finale votes bc his iTunes numbers were insane. (Wasted Love is the highest selling original from this show). Anyways, I would've been satisfied with a Matt win too, as I love both of them equally.

2. Adam Wakefield - Love Has No Pride and I'm Sorry were outstanding. He has an overall incredible run, loved his dynamics.

3. Sundance - Very versatile singer. Don't like him as much as the other two, but he's incredible.

4. Jake - Didn't enjoy his run much. But I'll say, Cover Me Up, Desperado, and Better Off Without You were great.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Damn, Billy labeled a screamer? His voice is crystal clear. But then again Wendy was too.

But yeah I feel like he's an acquired taste. He's incredibly talented, but I thought he was ridiculously cheesy tbh. I mean, he sang fight song take back my life song for crying out loud.

Also, I wasn't aware Billy Gillman and his Celine Dion cover was a reoccuring discussion, but I imagine QueenMae has bashed the performance repeatedly like a game of whack a mole.

His voice is crystal clear, but I guess Crying, The Show Must Go On, and Anyway were a bit too much for a lot of people.

And along with all of that, he was on Team Adam too, but still managed to get the runner up spot. That should just tell you how good others were that season. :dead:

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Haha 1