2 of the highest placing female rockers on the show, who do you prefer?

Hsamid

Who do you prefer  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

They aren't very similar besides having a natural rasp and dabbling in the rock genre. Nevertheless, they are the only 2 female rockers to make the finals.

Do you prefer Juliet Simm's more harsh sound and powerhouse approach, or Chloe Kohanski who's basically the opposite.

I think Chloe would not have won had she not been on Blake's team that season. I would say she benefited a lot from being on team Blake. 

Juliet managed to reach 2nd on team CeeLo is actually quite impressive since she had to get there all by herself. She could have won a later season on Blake's team.

Both have iconic moments. But I do prefer Juliet over Chloe.

2 hours ago, allistr said:

Love both of them equally. While Chloe had a consistent run, Juliet's voice piqued my interest. It's really chilling, and it really worked well on certain songs.

Ig that's my gripe with Juliett. Her voice imo only works really well with certain songs. While Chloe's voice is better at conveying more emotion(s) and blending into genres.

When Juliett covers something not rock, it becomes rock, for better or worse.

And as you mentioned, Chloe was more vocally consistent during her run.

Juliet was the far more interesting artist imo. Her BA is still one of my favorites ever. Plus Man’s Man’s Man’s World, Roxanne, Free Bird…

Chloe has the 2 iconic performances but I didn’t feel like she had many shades to her voice other than rasp? Plus I don’t remember Juliet having as bad a performance as Thank You…

I did really like Chloe’s original song though.

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

And here I thought Chloe would win in a landslide due to Juliett's crazy harsh vocals. 

I see what u did there

2 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Juliet was the far more interesting artist imo. Her BA is still one of my favorites ever. Plus Man’s Man’s Man’s World, Roxanne, Free Bird…

Chloe has the 2 iconic performances but I didn’t feel like she had many shades to her voice other than rasp?

Plus I don’t remember Juliet having as bad a performance as Thank You…

I did really like Chloe’s original song though.

Idk, Juliett sounded really uncomfortable singing clean vocals in torn..

Chloe's thank you performance was a bit boring, but i didnt hear any missed notes or pitch issues or what have you. Felt like that was the case with Juliett in a few of her performances.

I see what u did there

Unintentional I swear.

4 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Chloe's thank you performance was a bit boring, but i didnt hear any missed notes or pitch issues or what have you. Felt like that was the case with Juliett in a few of her performances.

Unintentional I swear.

I’d have to rewatch, but I’m probably also cutting her a little slack since it’s an IS/last chance performance. I just feel like in her BA alone, yeah her vocals were harsh but she gave us other sides too, the part where she drops to her knees and the emotion that her voice conveyed alone, we all know Chloe did that with Landslide but Juliet brought her songs to life just as much imo.

Plus the fact that she was sick doing Free Bird!! Ok I’m done stanning lol

Chloe’s note on the “and I-I” was the big gaffe for me, especially since she kept repeating it throughout the song.

• Like 1

Juliet. I mean, look at that catalogue: Beatles, Faces, The Police, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, James Brown, all performed masterfully. Love her rasp and power, would have loved to watch that season live to support her every week. 

Lots of love for Chloe as well. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Juliet. I mean, look at that catalogue: Beatles, Faces, The Police, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, James Brown, all performed masterfully. Love her rasp and power, would have loved to watch that season live to support her every week. 

Lots of love for Chloe as well. 

I feel like Juliet took on more challenging songs now that I think about it. And yeah, that body of work says it all. She seems like one of those contestants I would have wanted to win their season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

And here I thought Chloe would win in a landslide due to Juliett's crazy harsh vocals. 

There have only been 11 votes casted. Chloe would win by a landslide indeed if we have, like, 60 to 70 votes. (But IDF isn't that much active nowadays, so that's not gonna happen)

I love both (I didn’t rate Chloe as highly as I do now, but I watched her whole run a few months ago and loved it) but at her best there are very few contestants that were as good as Juliet. Roxanne, Man’s World and her audition are all-timers.

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Unintentional I swear.

I love Torn :ph34rwave: The only performances from her I have (minor) issues with are Free Bird and Crazy.

That said I also like Thank You. I don’t think Chloe ever gave a bad performance.

• Like 1

I need to watch Juliet’s entire run first before making a decision but from what I remember she’s jaw-droppingly good.

People cite Thank You as a weak one but personally Call Me is one of my least favorites.

Obviously Chloe for me. Juliet was also really good and I remembered rooting for her in her season, but Chloe had really great moments on the show as she succeeded on putting more passion and emotion in her performances (Landslide, Time After Time, IWTKWLI or even Wish I Didn't Love You). I think it just goes down to whom I still listen to after all these years and Chloe's performances were all that. Her version of "The Chain" is still the best version on the show, in my opinion. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

I feel like Juliet took on more challenging songs now that I think about it. And yeah, that body of work says it all. She seems like one of those contestants I would have wanted to win their season

I mean, Juliett has the better upper register, there's no denying that. I can't see Chloe pulling off anything like this is a man's man's world.

They both sang songs that fit their voice for the most part, but yeah, Juliett sang the more difficult songs.

That being said, from what I heard I thought Julietts lower register was lacking a bit, which is Chloe's strength.

Edited by Hsamid

5 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

There have only been 11 votes casted. Chloe would win by a landslide indeed if we have, like, 60 to 70 votes. (But IDF isn't that much active nowadays, so that's not gonna happen)

Idk about that, even some of the posters who joined recently are voting for Juliett.

It's a good mixture of people who have and haven't watched, or at least didn't start out with the older seasons, voting for both contestants.

While Juliet did great in her season, I think Chloe would have to win this for me. Her KO and Top 11 were big breakouts that were the moments that made us see that she was winning, and I couldn't really argue against it if based on those two performances(and yall know I'm an Addison stan, but those two performances were really something)

Maybe it's just the styles, but Chloe did know how to allure us in her performance, even if she was more inconsistent in the vocal department. I can see Juliet not being for everybody(although I need a word for people who thought Jermaine deserved to win over her :no:)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

While Juliet did great in her season, I can see Juliet not being for everybody(although I need a word for people who thought Jermaine deserved to win over her :no:)

I wonder who said that 👀

Even among unpopular opinions, which I have plenty of my own I don’t think I’ve seen that one.

I guess maybe if someone doesn’t like the harsh vocals, but it’s not like Jermaine’s vocals were that pleasant either…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

I wonder who said that 👀

Even among unpopular opinions, which I have plenty of my own I don’t think I’ve seen that one.

I guess maybe if someone doesn’t like the harsh vocals, but it’s not like Jermaine’s vocals were that pleasant either…

I was kinda referring to the voters back in that season lmao, although I actually don't think I remember seeing that opinion here. If someone liked Jermaine though, good for them being able to enjoy his voice 💀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I wonder who said that 👀

Yeah I really do wonder how Jermaine won that season..

Only explanation I can think of is genre, we've had multiple RNB winners since and only 1 rock winner (who sang a much more accessible type of rock than Juliett did)

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1