The Voice โ— S22 โ— Spoilers/News/Updates ๐Ÿ‚

Someone648

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Perhaps Omar and Parijita were

neck and neck in votes, and John was forced to chose one to push.ย 
ย 

Parijita has been called very late two weeks in a row. They donโ€™t do that to TCOs. Once, maybe, but twice in a row? Meanwhile, Omar is being called early, in the pimp spot, and John is saying Omar is the reason singing shows exist.ย 

Agreed.ย  I think that Parijita is probably about in the middle of the votes.ย  But Omar is probably out near the front.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Camila and Gwen are both down to one artist, and I think said artists are gonna be treated good next week.

I hope so! They gotta have firework performances with no letting up and good placement. Whatโ€™s the second best placement after closing, opener?ย 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quinton said:

Omar Jose Cardona will be the first 4 chair turn ๐ŸŽธ rocker dude since Scottish born juggernaut Terry McDermottย 

Not to rain on your parade but wasnโ€™t Terry a three-chair turn?

ย 

It is kind of neat to see someone who prefers to stick to rock do well on the show, though - itโ€™s been too long since that happened.ย 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Not to rain on your parade but wasnโ€™t Terry a three-chair turn?

ย 

It is kind of neat to see someone who prefers to stick to rock do well on the show, though - itโ€™s been too long since that happened.ย 

It was season 3 but all the finalists did at least tackle one song of the rock genreย 

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Thereโ€™s some speculation Morgan could be singing โ€œRise Up.โ€ ย She has a piano cover on her YouTube. Of all of the videos Iโ€™ve watched of hers, that is the only time Iโ€™ve ever seen her play piano. I didnโ€™t even know she played piano until I saw that. I think that song has special meaning to her. For those who may have missed it, she revealed that she will be playing the piano.ย 
ย 

ย 

she could definitely close with this, not listening to the YT cover right now, but iโ€™m pretty confident this would be a really great closing performance.

12 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

morgan and parijitaโ€™s voices in my head donโ€™t gel well? but idk, hello sunday and kat sang together, didnโ€™t they?

The duet pairings seem to be more about TPTB pimping certain contestants than about voices that mesh well.

22 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

she could definitely close with this, not listening to the YT cover right now, but iโ€™m pretty confident this would be a really great closing performance.

The only way Morgan wonโ€™t close if they know sheโ€™s a PV lock, and they need to pimp someone else. I suspect sheโ€™ll be closingโ€ฆ.

Just now, TeamAudra said:

The only way Morgan wonโ€™t close if they know sheโ€™s a PV lock, and they need to pimp someone else. I suspect sheโ€™ll be closingโ€ฆ.

Yeah, I wouldnโ€™t be shocked if they chose to let someone else close to give them a shot at finale PV, but theyโ€™ve already let a lot of the consistent/reliable contestants close โ€” bodie, Omar, Justin. We still have Morgan and Kim as options, and if TPTB wanted Kim in the finale, she wouldโ€™ve gotten better placements before :โ€™). I donโ€™t see Parijita closing since I donโ€™t think she has a strong shot at finale PV (welcome to being surprised though). I also donโ€™t think they want/need to push for another Team Blake PV w/ Bryce or Brayden closing since Bodie already seems to be a lock for that.

ย 

Morgan seems like the only reasonable option left, and everything adds up โ€” Team Camila hasnโ€™t closed yet, she has a piano ballad, and sheโ€™s proven herself to reliably perform well.ย 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Aside from all the Morgan talk, I hope all the contestants get good song choices next week; the contestants who leave deserve to leave on a high note. This season has tons of amazing artists and they deserve songs that can showcase how good they are.

Yes, but at least one bus is inevitable.

ย 

Hoping Kim dodges the bus.

• Sad 1