The Voice โ— S22 โ— Spoilers/News/Updates ๐Ÿ‚

Someone648

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I agree with the sentiment of Camila being more engaged and sincere than Ariana in the coach's chair. Granted, we've only seen one audition.

And as far as I know, Camila doesn't have a hatetrain coming in from minivan already like Ariana did for the donut/America thing that for some reason they just can't let go.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

The thing, Minivan will just get to meet Camila, so whether they like her or not will all be based on the show. They already had negative preconcieved notions about Ariana due to the donut incident.ย 

jinx :haha:

ย 

ย 

Also I've been to that donut place and it was terribly average

Edited by Someone648
  • Haha 1

The editing in Morganโ€™s audition makes me think she will be the opener. They had her starting out signing, then saved her backstory package for afterward, which would make sense for an opener since they would get straight to the singing to ensure that people stick around?

ย 

Iโ€™m not 100% sure what they did in previous years with the openerโ€™s blind audition editing, so please correct me if Iโ€™m wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Sheโ€™s very conservatively dressed, which helps, and she comes off as down to earth. Sheโ€™s non-threatening. ย I had no idea what to expect.ย 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Based on some promo pics I was expecting a very different version of Camila :haha:. TPTB are doing a great job so far.ย 

Just now, QueenCami said:

The editing in Morganโ€™s audition makes me think she will be the opener. They had her starting out signing, then saved her backstory package for afterward, which would make sense for an opener since they would get straight to the singing to ensure that people stick around?

ย 

Iโ€™m not 100% sure what they did in previous years with the openerโ€™s blind audition editing, so please correct me if Iโ€™m wrong.

They've done episodes before where the opener was pretty much just automatic. I remember Jacob Maxwell performing with no introduction/anything until after he sang. They didn't even introduce the coaches. I know for S17 they didn't open with like a super big overview/anything fancy. And I think GNT didn't have an intro package iirc, but they did talk about Ariana beforehand.

I don't think they'd just open the episode without that. Morgan strikes me as opener or middle, but the way it's edited doesn't have me thinking it's the closer.

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

They've done episodes before where the opener was pretty much just automatic. I remember Jacob Maxwell performing with no introduction/anything until after he sang. They didn't even introduce the coaches. I know for S17 they didn't open with like a super big overview/anything fancy. And I think GNT didn't have an intro package iirc, but they did talk about Ariana beforehand.

I don't think they'd just open the episode without that. Morgan strikes me as opener or middle, but the way it's edited doesn't have me thinking it's the closer.

Okay, that makes sense. I agree that sheโ€™s probably opening or in the middle based on what @Teraginnย brought up. Considering that we may have many 4-chair turns, it wouldnโ€™t be too surprising if they had one to open the episode, one in the middle, and one to end the episode, especially since itโ€™s the premiere. At the same time, they could open/close with a 3-chair turn?

ย 

Anyway, with the details aside, Iโ€™m really looking forward to the premiere; I think Iโ€™ll really like Omar and Kateโ€™s auditions (and probably many otherโ€™s, those are just the ones I remember being confirmed off the tip of my head).

1 minute ago, BelleoftheBall said:

Whose ย blind audition was leaked last year? And does it typically have any effect on how well the contestant does with the public?ย 

Vaughn :haha:

ย 

Doesn't mean anything except that the leaked audition will get aired in the premiere, which is the important part because contestants aired in the first or third episode usually win

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BelleoftheBall said:

Whose ย blind audition was leaked last year? And does it typically have any effect on how well the contestant does with the public?ย 

Vaughn. My guess is that the leaked audition is more related to trying to get people excited for the season through social media. As such, the leaked auditions arenโ€™t always ones that the core audience will enjoy (examples, just imo: Vaughn, Tamara), and thus the leaked auditions may not always lead to contestants making the finale.

ย 

Ultimately, I think song choices in the later rounds matter a lot more for a contestantโ€™s success than being the premiere leak.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BelleoftheBall said:

Vaughn. Who got cut in battles.

and Ari fans were devastated but the battle was questionable from its conception.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Yeah they turned very quickly but I also turned quickly in my head (around the 20 or 25 sec mark). I donโ€™t blame them for turning early.

For sure but they turned at like 5 seconds where she had sung only a few words. They obviously heard enough and wereย right to do so. Just was slightly surprising to me how quickly they turned based on what she had done to that point.ย 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Vaughn. Who got cut in battles.

and Ari fans were devastated but the battle was questionable from its conception.

I think he was the leak because Ari gave a good pitch, he gave a good audition, he got three standing ovations, and Ari chose hims as his comeback artist, and Team Ari was already weak.ย 

ย 

I think GNT or Wendy should have been the leak, but Vaughn made sense.

ย 

Ari did him DIRTY in that battle with Katherine (she was done dirty as well).

They usually had the premiere lineup posted on Sunday on Mjsbigblog, but remember, last season we didnยดt get one. We found out who was appearing while watching live.

ย 

We at least have: Morgan, Kate, Omar and Jay likely confirmed. I think Kevin could show up too, as the closer.