The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates πŸ‚

Someone648

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Β 

I feel like most of us have been pronouncing the "j" in Parijita with an "h" sound, but I have feeling its actually Pah-ree-jee-tah

I feel like I did ask the source to type it out phonetically because I’ve been pronouncing the hard J this whole time. She’s gotta say her name somewhere on YouTube or something.

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I feel like I did ask the source to type it out phonetically because I’ve been pronouncing the hard J this whole time. She’s gotta say her name somewhere on YouTube or something.

damn, sure I'm mispronouncing her name

12 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Β 

Close enough, I searched her name on TikTok and found a video where her mom pronounces her name.

Β 

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSRQmFPMF/

Β 

It seems like the correct pronunciation is poh-ree-jee-ta.Β The rhythm is similar to the word "rhinoceros". But I have feeling they'll pronounce it differently on the shpw.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Β 

Close enough, I searched her name on TikTok and found a video where her mom pronounces her name.

Β 

Β 

It seems like the correct pronunciation is poh-ree-jee-ta with the stress on the first syllable. But I have feeling they'll pronounce it differently on the shpw.

Ok so not far off! Nice to hear πŸ™‚

Thanks for finding it!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

It seems like the correct pronunciation is poh-ree-jee-ta.Β The rhythm is similar to the word "rhinoceros". But I have feeling they'll pronounce it differently on the shpw.

Ok I’ve been saying it the right way then.Β 

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As for the whole Omar vs Kim thing, it does feel strange that they're hiding Kim so much, but at the end of the day we'll have to see the response she gets.

Β 

They're both strong and experienced singers, it's just gonna come down to whoever wins the audience over more.

I don’t think production likes her especially since the first time and I think she’s only on because most people want her on.Β 

• Confused 1

Β 

2 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I don’t think production likes her especially since the first time and I think she’s only on because most people want her on.Β 

Β 

What? It's not like they haven't been showing Kim in promos or anything lol

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Also, sadly, the montage avalanche we're expecting might begin tonight.

What kills me is that if they made tonight 2 hours + guaranteed that episode 7 was a full 2 hours for blinds, the need forΒ anyΒ montages would be basically gone - they’ve shown 26/56 contestants over six hours (and 11 auditions per night of two hours).

Β 

With 30 acts to go and the current pace of getting 11 per two hours or 6 in an hour, seven hours would give us room for 39 contestants - so nine succesful auditions per day on episode 4 & 5, five successful auditions on episode 6, & seven on the last day with the rest of the episode being a blinds recap would mean no montages and we could still show a handful of no chair turns too.

16 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Nah, it literally means nothing if they’re holding her back for one of the last episodes. For all we know she could be in the dead last episode, too. There’s still more 4 chairs to cover.Β 

24 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As for the whole Omar vs Kim thing, it does feel strange that they're hiding Kim so much, but at the end of the day we'll have to see the response she gets.

Β 

They're both strong and experienced singers, it's just gonna come down to whoever wins the audience over more.

The thing is, it feels like there are a defined number of votes already baked into the cake for Kim, based on the last several seasons, assuming she delivers, of course. Β I can’t say the same about Omar.Β 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Sad to say, but I feel like some of the people confirmed for Tuesday will be montaged.

With the names we know, we’re pretty much at capacity.

So if anyone else announces… yikes.

Y’all are all at risk tonight (except Parijita)