The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

My random list of possible coaches:

Seal (from the Voice AU)

Kelly Rowland (from the Voice AU)

Rob Thomas (lead singer of Matchbox 20)

Brendon Urie (from Panic at the Disco)

P!nk (I know she won’t do it, but still)

Pat Benatar (queen of 80s MTV)

OMG ID LOVE BRENDON.

but he has a tour date on taping day 😢 

47 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Why hasn’t Dan Reynolds ever been thought of??? The lead singer of Imagine Dragons! I saw them live and he’s INCREDIBLE! They’re also super relevant right now!

I know who Imagine Dragons is but I didn't know Dan Reynolds name so I doubt he's under consideration.

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I know who Imagine Dragons is but I didn't know Dan Reynolds name so I doubt he's under consideration.

When they recruited Adam Levine for S1, most people knew him as the lead singer of Maroon 5., not necessarily by his name. Same thing here.

ETA: They could never have live shows with Adele. She is known for the biggest potty mouth around.

Edited by AngelaKD

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

By that logic, neither does Jessie J, 

Delta is a big star in her country and is known in several countries mainly thanks to her role as a coach, she mainly does concerts in her country

Jessie J is known all over the world for her hits and she does a lot of concerts in many big countries like Brazil, Argentina etc. she has a big community

4 minutes ago, musiclover46789 said:

Heck, she even admitted on an IG live that she wouldn't want to see her contestants go home or she'd cry (Ariana Grande moment):unsure:

Ariana is a good coach, she was crying because she was sincere

Edited by French20

Delta, Anne-Marie, Rita... none of them have enough relevancy in the US. Jessie J kind of did but she's been slacking for several years now in that department (She would've been so good though - and massively hated by minivan for her attitude.)

I saw someone mention Kelly Rowland and I'd looooooove it. Team KC vs. Team Kelendria ftw.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Delta, Anne-Marie, Rita... none of them have enough relevancy in the US. Jessie J kind of did but she's been slacking for several years now in that department (She would've been so good though - and massively hated by minivan for her attitude.)

I saw someone mention Kelly Rowland and I'd looooooove it. Team KC vs. Team Kelendria ftw.

her attitude? 

6 minutes ago, French20 said:

her attitude? 

Per how she was on TVAu, she was very blunt and straightforward and would willingly say when she had issues with a performance. She was really constructive and it made her a great coach, but obviously some people deemed her as overly-critical/disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Per how she was on TVAu, she was very blunt and straightforward and would willingly say when she had issues with a performance. She was really constructive and it made her a great coach, but obviously some people deemed her as overly-critical/disrespectful.

oh yes, totally agree

these people should try with coaches who are direct like Jessie, it would refresh the program

Just now, French20 said:

oh yes, totally agree

these people should try with coaches who are direct like Jessie, it would refresh the program

While I doubt any of the US coaches would be as blunt when they dislike a performance as her, it wouldn't really make a difference in that sense since they do criticize performances or point out issues, but most of that gets cut for the sake of a "family show".

That's why they have their tongue tied in the lives, exceptions being Gwen to Jean Kelly in S7 and Kelly and John to Team Blake on the S16 semis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

While I doubt any of the US coaches would be as blunt when they dislike a performance as her, it wouldn't really make a difference in that sense since they do criticize performances or point out issues, but most of that gets cut for the sake of a "family show".

That's why they have their tongue tied in the lives, exceptions being Gwen to Jean Kelly in S7 and Kelly and John to Team Blake on the S16 semis.

What did Gwen say to Jean? LOL