The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

48 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Jessie J songs have been covered multiple times on the Voice US. Delta, never.

Ok. Fair enough.

Tbf, "Mamma Knows Best" and "Big White Room" are not exactly charts toppers (at least not in the USA), but they are excellent songs to showcase vocals 

Edited by Gustavo527

16 minutes ago, French20 said:

it's official the dates of John who would be in Las Vegas on the day of the auditions?

and if it's evening, and the auditions are in the afternoon, why wouldn't he do both?

Auditions in the afternoon go 4-5 hours into the evening. He wouldn’t have time to go back and forth between Vegas and the show, and it’d be EXHAUSTING.

Edited by Mathacoo200315

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok. Fair enough.

Tbf, "Mamma Knows Best" and "Big White Room" are not exactly charts toppers (at least not in the USA), but they are excellent songs to showcase vocals 

I went back and looked because I thought I remembered a lot of her songs.

Jessie J was a guest performer on S2 (to sing Domino with Team Xtina) and S7 (to sing Masterpiece with Chris Jamison.

At least one artist sang a song of hers in S1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8. 

There were none in S9 and then I stopped looking, lol.

37 minutes ago, Buhangin said:

wait what's will all the nick jonas hate, I thought he was definitely a better coach than Ariana, despite his seasons' filming during the height of covid. I mean his battles were good unlike Ari's carwash? haha

I don’t think Nick’s a bad coach; his strongest suit seems to be that he works pretty well with the young artists who have shaky auditions but tons of potential (Michael Williams in S18, Rachel Mac in S20), which is something that not every coach is well suited for.

Personally, my biggest hesitance about bringing him back is that the saltine crackers in my pantry have more personality than he does. On the other hand, Nick being decently palatable and generally pretty non-controversial makes him at least a safer choice than, say, the Adam Levine types within the industry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Buhangin said:

wait what's will all the nick jonas hate, I thought he was definitely a better coach than Ariana, despite his seasons' filming during the height of covid. I mean his battles were good unlike Ari's carwash? haha

I don´t really feel Nick brings anything to the panel in terms of entertainment and he doesn´t seem to know the meaning of strategy when decision-making.  

Same goes for Ariana when it comes to decisions, but I did find her more entertaining at least.

8 hours ago, French20 said:

it's official the dates of John who would be in Las Vegas on the day of the auditions?

and if it's evening, and the auditions are in the afternoon, why wouldn't he do both?

Because filming for the Blinds is a grueling process that is frequently delayed and can take way more hours than initially scheduled.

7 hours ago, istersay said:

thanks for that, had to go watch the performance to see what Gwen meant, but I agree with her

I hate that Jean Kelly and Pharrell pretty much ruined any chances of this song ever being used again on this show, because I think it's a beautiful song that can make for a moment with the right artist.

It's been years since S7, TPTB! Let's use this song again, instead of freaking Everything I Own by Bread!

Edited by Teraginn

9 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

I went back and looked because I thought I remembered a lot of her songs.

Jessie J was a guest performer on S2 (to sing Domino with Team Xtina) and S7 (to sing Masterpiece with Chris Jamison.

At least one artist sang a song of hers in S1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8. 

There were none in S9 and then I stopped looking, lol.

Jordan Smith - Who You Are

• Like 1