The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Mary Kate's genre is "easy listening". It's just easy to listen to her sing. Nothing bombastic or firework-y, but she'd complement the live band I hear every Sunday at 11am, as she's clearly reared from that. She'd go well in a playlist of Kari Jobe, Elevation Worship, but she has pop influences so let's say Britt Nicole. 

Kylee's aesthetic and BoHo getup is interesting, and she's informed by the triumvirate of folk pop, art pop and indie pop, which fit equally well in the Seattle and Austin hipster scenes. If both voices are good, you often go for what's more unique in these shows, and Kylee's a rarer breed. 

But both were good, are young and have potential, and fit their respective styles well, so easy to see why both advanced.

• Like 6

Forgot to mention - I like Kason's desire to cover 2000s alt rock and post grunge, but he comes off like an inferior cover or tribute artist of that time period. Brad Arnold was really able to wring out the emotion out of the lyrics he was singing in "Here Without You", with some soaring crescendos and infused passion. When Sam Harness covered that, he infused his own gritty passion into it, and that's what made it interesting. It's like Blake saw what Samuel did and said, "here rawkers, I heard this song several seasons back, and I want you to take it and run with it."

Kason and Walker did infuse that song with their style, with Kason bringing the rasp and Walker bringing the twang. But the impact just isn't there, and it felt like they were imitating rather than relating to the actual song. They also kept couldn't "crescendo" due to their vocal limitations, and kept cutting it short just when it was going to build. Rawk is losing its presence on these shows, but when you are imitating and doing karaoke to that song, even minivan won't bite.

Edited by jork
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

Interesting, I would've guessed that people would get it from MJs blogs, since that's the first link that pops up for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were from here.

Maybe. Did MJS publish all of the spoilers? If so, they got it from here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Interesting, I would've guessed that people would get it from MJs blogs, since that's the first link that pops up for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were from here.

:giggle: and where does MJs get it from

rfrfrwrf.JPG.4c17167848910a90b8ad21910580cf25.JPG

• Like 1

So I see now that the coaches are using the PO pass where it was super evenly matched and they really can’t decide. Not that that makes me like it any better, but it kinda makes sense…

Knowing that Kylee can go big, she kept it restrained this time and I thought that was a really tasteful choice. Overall potential leads me to say Kylee. In this particular situation though, I think I actually enjoyed more of Mary Kate’s vocal choices. She was really good here. Both did impressively with such a wordy song and deserve to go through for sure.

Finally had the chance to sit down & listen - I think Kylee had stronger moments earlier on, but Mary Kate was able to match her better as the song went on. The harmonies were pretty, too.

Tough call, but I think the outcome ultimately ended up being the correct choice to make.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, erik g said:

They showed stuff from both mondsy and tuesday. I saw Ryley vs Michael, and D Smooth (no way they're showing 2 playoff passes in one episode)

Really? Doesn’t sound too implausible to me.

Edited by FloorWax